missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

There may be fewer family gatherings this year for the holidays because of the Corona virus. It may be a different approach to the holidays.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

We prefer small family gatherings so it works for us this year. Seems to me people will do what they want to for Thanksgiving even if they try to say we can't.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,119
  • Content Per Day:  9.67
  • Days Won:  149

6 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

There may be fewer family gatherings this year for the holidays because of the Corona virus. It may be a different approach to the holidays.

I don't think there is any doubt in my mind that gatherings will be different except maybe those who choose to blatantly ignore all suggestions made by authorities. I believe said authorities have over stepped their bounds if they are demanding what we can and can't do within our own homes.

Aside from the arguments either for or against, I see the tide rolling in the general direction of caution. There was a 50/50 split in my house. I was for having a handful of people over and my wife wasn't. I mean, we recently went to dinner at a diner with a family of 4. You can't eat with a mask on so we removed them. What's the point?  To be sure no one gets sick I'll probably cave and we won't have the gathering. It will be sad in a way because I haven't seen some of my family in awhile. 

I feel these events are paying us into some kind of a trap. I don't feel it's all for our best and i don't think it's all totally legit, but that's me.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,234
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Bless you.. we need to remember just WHO we are. No matter what you see what you hear what you feel. Your Father is always was and always shall be the GREAT I AM! And what He has already spoken can not come back to Him void. And to show you how real He is .. as I was typing the below this song played. "HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD"

No harm will come to you. No sickness will come near your house. He will put his angels in charge of you to protect you in all your ways. They will carry you in their hands so that you never hit your foot against a rock. You will step on lions and cobras. You will trample young lions and snakes. Because you love me, I will rescue you. I will protect you because you know my name.  When you call to me, I will answer you. I will be with you when you are in trouble. I will save you and honor you. I will satisfy you with a long life. I will show you how I will save you. 

Just believe.....have faith. In Jesus name the king of kings and lord of lords.
Edited by TheBlade
  • Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

8 hours ago, Starise said:

I don't think there is any doubt in my mind that gatherings will be different except maybe those who choose to blatantly ignore all suggestions made by authorities. I believe said authorities have over stepped their bounds if they are demanding what we can and can't do within our own homes.

Aside from the arguments either for or against, I see the tide rolling in the general direction of caution. There was a 50/50 split in my house. I was for having a handful of people over and my wife wasn't. I mean, we recently went to dinner at a diner with a family of 4. You can't eat with a mask on so we removed them. What's the point?  To be sure no one gets sick I'll probably cave and we won't have the gathering. It will be sad in a way because I haven't seen some of my family in awhile. 

I feel these events are paying us into some kind of a trap. I don't feel it's all for our best and i don't think it's all totally legit, but that's me.

We are getting a lot more cases of Corona virus here. I think many of those cases could come from people having private parties with no social distancing and no face masks. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  24,831
  • Content Per Day:  5.78
  • Days Won:  161
  • Birthday:  01/30/1985

Our only lockdown restrictions is wearing masks, social distancing and no gathering larger than 250, also depending on the space available.  This has allowed us to hold normal services for church. Most people also maintain that if you are with people you know well and especially people you live with, you can at least elbow greet and take off your mask while eating. 

9 hours ago, missmuffet said:

We are getting a lot more cases of Corona virus here. I think many of those cases could come from people having private parties with no social distancing and no face masks. 

Same here with more cases of the virus. There have been some recent cases locally involving people we know. In one instance a pastor who was retiring stayed with a church family who are friends of ours.. Him and his wife were first welcoming the new pastor, then moving to another state to retire. Apparently one of my friends had it, gave to her husband. They in turn gave it to the retiring couple. This has caused the church to go into a more restricted activity. Activity was already restricted before this. All four of them had it.

There seem to be different forms of the virus. Remember when COVID first happened almost 100% of the people ( at least around here) had to be put on ventilators. Now when most people get COVID they get very sick but seldom as life threatening as that first infection. While I understand some leeway should be given for  virus mutations and people building up immunity, something just doesn't seem quite right about that to me. It's as if there are multiple strains of it that came about very very fast....that's probably the skeptic in me. The people mentioned in the 1st paragraph all had the "lite" version of COVID. The question then begs, if this is just a more severe sort of flu, just let everyone catch it and build up an immunity. If there's something nefarious going on I'm guessing we will again start to see the more severe version some back. 

There have been so many contradictions. In the beginning it was said older people were more apt to die from it. I know of one man in his 80's who caught it, got over it and is ok now. The recovery rate for the population in general is in the 99% or more percentile. With older people only being slightly more affected. All of the people I mentioned who caught it are from 68 to 70 years old. They are all still alive.

Just to be safe this year we probably will skip the Thanksgiving get together. I'm not happy about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  137
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

1 hour ago, Starise said:

There have been so many contradictions. In the beginning it was said older people were more apt to die from it. I know of one man in his 80's who caught it, got over it and is ok now. The recovery rate for the population in general is in the 99% or more percentile. With older people only being slightly more affected. All of the people I mentioned who caught it are from 68 to 70 years old. They are all still alive.

It is not valid to say that one person got something and recovered. A “population“ of one is not statistically significant. The statistics in the area that I live clearly show that those over 60 are much more likely to die from the virus.

See https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/COVID-19-Cases-by-Age-Group.aspx

I agree however that there’s been talk of many deaths by Covid and maybe other reasons for the death. It is hard to parse through to get a clear understanding if Covid was really the cause of death or other symptoms.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  775
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

15 hours ago, TheBlade said:

Bless you.. we need to remember just WHO we are. No matter what you see what you hear what you feel. Your Father is always was and always shall be the GREAT I AM! And what He has already spoken can not come back to Him void. And to show you how real He is .. as I was typing the below this song played. "HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD"

No harm will come to you. No sickness will come near your house. He will put his angels in charge of you to protect you in all your ways. They will carry you in their hands so that you never hit your foot against a rock. You will step on lions and cobras. You will trample young lions and snakes. Because you love me, I will rescue you. I will protect you because you know my name.  When you call to me, I will answer you. I will be with you when you are in trouble. I will save you and honor you. I will satisfy you with a long life. I will show you how I will save you. 

Just believe.....have faith. In Jesus name the king of kings and lord of lords.

Such a great Faith.

But Faith without medical knowledge isnt good.

Moses has instructed that people with contagious disease shud be isolated to prevent the spreading. Moses didnt think they were such holy that God must protect them from disease.

I hv posted testimony video in general video from people who died of covid n don't assume we are a better man than them.

Read the book of Moses n save people n our family.

Edited by R. Hartono

2 minutes ago, WayneS said:

It is not valid to say that one person got something and recovered. A “population“ of one is not statistically significant. The statistics in the area that I live clearly show that those over 60 are much more likely to die from the virus.

See https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/COVID-19-Cases-by-Age-Group.aspx

I agree however that there’s been talk of many deaths by Covid and maybe other reasons for the death. It is hard to parse through to get a clear understanding if Covid was really the cause of death or other symptoms.

I'll be honest I don't trust statistics, especially when , as you suggest, there may not be a clear understanding.

US Hospitals get paid from a special federal fund something like $30,000 for COVID cases whether the patient lives or dies. It has been reported that many Hospitals are getting creative with their reporting because it helps their bottom line. This means some patients are reported as COVID when they weren't really COVID. I'm not undermining the commitment of most doctors and nurses to save human life. I'm just saying the hospital doesn't loose money either way AND these false claims are still reported as COVID deaths.

Add to this the fact that family members can no longer visit their loved ones or be with them. There's no oversight into what's actually happening.

• Thumbs Up 1