missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  1

Cases have been ballooning in our province though mainly restricted to the urban centres. But that's where our family is so we'll hole up here this year.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,107
  • Content Per Day:  9.69
  • Days Won:  149

15 hours ago, Chicken coop2 said:

Makes no difference to me. I have had no family since my grandmother died 25 years ago.

But you have us! What? Aren't we family?

• Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.75
  • Days Won:  21

We were doing well here but now our cases are going up again, not sure what they'll do. Currently we can have gatherings of up 250 or 2/3 the max occupancy of the building. Masks are required in most locations. They ask that people keep private gathers to under 10 people/50 if held in a location that isn't a private home. But people down here don't really listen - parties happen often. (college areas)

There was uproar yesterday as New Orleans called off all 2021 carnival plans (no Mardi Gras parade), which doesn't affect me as I avoid anything to do with that but many were outraged. 

Mardi Gras is what caused the HUGE influx of cases here last year, we were a known "Hot spot" for a few months. 

1 hour ago, Aimes said:

We were doing well here but now our cases are going up again, not sure what they'll do. Currently we can have gatherings of up 250 or 2/3 the max occupancy of the building. Masks are required in most locations. They ask that people keep private gathers to under 10 people/50 if held in a location that isn't a private home. But people down here don't really listen - parties happen often. (college areas)

There was uproar yesterday as New Orleans called off all 2021 carnival plans (no Mardi Gras parade), which doesn't affect me as I avoid anything to do with that but many were outraged. 

Mardi Gras is what caused the HUGE influx of cases here last year, we were a known "Hot spot" for a few months. 

I understand your concern. They don't even wear clothes at Mardi Gras. How can we expect them to wear a mask? Probably a good call. Knowing what I know about human nature, I imagine there will be those who will try to have it anyways. I wouldn't want to be a cop there.

Edited by Starise
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  0

I’ve actually experienced peer pressure from other moms who beg me to allow my daughter to go to sleepovers. They’ll say that our kids are suffering from isolation. I received hours worth of texts and then a phone call with pleas to allow my daughter to attend a sleepover with about five girls.
And the sad thing is that photos from the sleepover were posted on Facebook and,  two weeks later, another sleepover has been planned and I was asked again even though COVID cases in our state are among the worst in the country.

There are even parents upset that in-person learning was canceled by schools. I can’t imagine what it would be like if kids were in school here. It’s overwhelming when it’s adults making poor decisions.

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.75
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, Starise said:

I understand your concern. They don't even wear clothes at Mardi Gras. How can we expect them to wear a mask? Probably a good call. Knowing what I know about human nature, I imagine there will be those who will try to have it anyways. I wouldn't want to be a cop there.

Oh they will no doubt try to get away with whatever they can ..... even more reason I'm glad I'm a hermit :D

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  774
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,949
  • Content Per Day:  3.05

8 hours ago, WayneS said:

It is not valid to say that one person got something and recovered. A “population“ of one is not statistically significant. The statistics in the area that I live clearly show that those over 60 are much more likely to die from the virus.

See https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/COVID-19-Cases-by-Age-Group.aspx

I agree however that there’s been talk of many deaths by Covid and maybe other reasons for the death. It is hard to parse through to get a clear understanding if Covid was really the cause of death or other symptoms.

Older people with organ not so strong is more risky.

6 hours ago, Chicken coop2 said:

Eggzactly.  So as I posted in @Henry_iain holiday thread, I will be here with you guys.

Covid19 is what would not make any difference one way or another about my holiday plans. 

They will be just like last year before Covid19. 

What is ur holiday plan ?

1 hour ago, Aimes said:

Oh they will no doubt try to get away with whatever they can ..... even more reason I'm glad I'm a hermit :D

It's a great time to be a hermit. I still have to go out. Wish I didn't.

2 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

I’ve actually experienced peer pressure from other moms who beg me to allow my daughter to go to sleepovers. They’ll say that our kids are suffering from isolation. I received hours worth of texts and then a phone call with pleas to allow my daughter to attend a sleepover with about five girls.
And the sad thing is that photos from the sleepover were posted on Facebook and,  two weeks later, another sleepover has been planned and I was asked again even though COVID cases in our state are among the worst in the country.

There are even parents upset that in-person learning was canceled by schools. I can’t imagine what it would be like if kids were in school here. It’s overwhelming when it’s adults making poor decisions.

The peer pressure can be frustrating to deal with for sure. I think a parent has to do what they believe is best. Better to err on the side of caution.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

Thats dangerous to let ur daughter gather.

Theres a video i posted in general video abt covid testimony before they died, show it to ur family n friends.