• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Aimes said:

@IloveyouGod. PITN, does Santa still come to your house? If so, I will meet him there this year. :laugh:

Yes he does indeed still come.  Yes you are welcome to meet him.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.76
  • Days Won:  21

6 minutes ago, IloveyouGod. said:

Yes he does indeed still come.  Yes you are welcome to meet him.  

I shall be there on 12/24/20 around midnight. Don't be alarmed when you see me

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Aimes said:

I shall be there on 12/24/20 around midnight. Don't be alarmed when you see me

Got it.  

• Haha 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  907
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,650
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

2 hours ago, walla299 said:

Well, one or more of these kinds of threads always get started for the holiday season . . . so I figured we'd start one since others were wondering why there wasn't one already. So here we are.  :laugh:

Well, the reason I ask is... 

Is this a thread about "no one come here who isn't looking for answers" thread or will it be another thread that those with thin skins can have shut down with a complaint or two.

If it is the former and not the latter, then I would ask you consider adding to the OP a clause something like "if the topic offendeth thee please leave ye at once / don't bother thyself with this thine offense..." Cuz we ain't shutting it down till the day after Xmas.

Something like  that.

Thanks.

• Haha 3

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.52
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

16 hours ago, walla299 said:

Since people are asking where it is: Here we go.

Its the 2020 Official Christmas is Evil Thread!

(For the record: I do not believe Christmas is evil in and of itself, but ya'll go ahead and knock yourselves out!  :laugh:)

What is the purpose of the thread or what are you wanting to accomplish?

Or perhaps to put it another way--what is the motivation for starting this thread?

• Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,089
  • Content Per Day:  9.72
  • Days Won:  149

If a person wants to look for and find evil, then yes, it's there especially when looking at ancient pagan holidays and the origins of the holidays .

If it's anything like the Halloween thread, there will be those who point to origins and deem the holiday evil...really bad..or as Trump might say really, really, really, really, really bad.

But hey, I still have to live through the day and I'm not participating in any of that ancient evil stuff ( please don't crucify me for putting up my Christmas tree, it has been taking up space in my storage all year getting in the way. It's 9ft high and I bought it on sale last year. It's a huge treelike decoration that I can look at and enjoy just because it's pretty.)  To me it is what it is, a big pretty thing.

Edited by Starise
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.76
  • Days Won:  21

23 minutes ago, Alive said:

What is the purpose of the thread or what are you wanting to accomplish?

Or perhaps to put it another way--what is the motivation for starting this thread?

The purpose? Every year we have people who come in here and make threads that talk about how evil Christmas is and how ungodly we are if we put up the "pagan" trees. So Walla here is just being pro-active and creating this wonderful thread  lol

2 minutes ago, Chicken coop2 said:

Really really really really really bad in a bigly way?

its gonna be YUGE

• Thumbs Up 1

1. The Holy Spirit interprets the scriptures which he wrote (2 Peter 1:20-21)

2. The traditions of man nullify the word of God (Mark 7:13)

3. The Lord said himself that the teaching / doctrine / traditions of man make any worship of him in vain (Mark 7:7).

These things were not just aimed at the Sanhedrin (Pharisees, Sadducees, Scribes, Priests, Lawyers, etc.).

In fact we can prove just how apostate the Church has become in 1500+ years by the many and deep divisions in the Church. Jesus prayed that we be one as the Father and he are one in John 17.

John 17:11 (AV)
11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.
John 17:20–22 (AV)
20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

This is proof we have bought into the schismatic traditions of man (each believing that our brand of theology etc is THE truth). Only one way to defeat this kind of divisive thinking / believing... let the God who wrote the Bible interpret the Bible.

1. 2 Peter 1:20-21 (the Holy Spirit interprets the Bible that he wrote through the prophets)
  2.  We authenticate that interpretation (1 John 4:1) as we ought to be doing with all things (1 Thessalonians 5:21)
  3. By the scriptures (Acts 17:11 / 2 Timothy 2:15 / 2 Timothy 3:16-17 / Hebrews 4:12 / Proverbs 25:2 / Deuteronomy 29:29 / Isaiah 28:9-13)

Luke 22:19 (AV)
19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.
1 Corinthians 11:24–25 (AV)
24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

This is the only memorial mentioned (other than the existence of the Church itself) as testimony to Christ. 

Without a doubt, the incarnation of God the Word (our blessed Savior God [Titus 3:4]) from gestation to birth is miraculous, wondrous, marvelous, one of the prime / central events of all time and eternity in that roughly 33 year span of time. Heaven sang and rejoiced.

When he died on the cross, the skies darkened, the earth shook, the rocks split, the temple veil was torn in two from top to bottom. 

When he rose from the tomb the earth shook. ← and his cataclysmic return will be the final event of his resurrection.

But the only thing he said to remember him by was in the last supper / Passover Seder afikomen and the third cup (the cup of redemption).

• Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,089
  • Content Per Day:  9.72
  • Days Won:  149

13 minutes ago, Chicken coop2 said:

Really really really really really bad in a bigly way?

Yes but at least he is continent and has most of his real teeth.

• Haha 1