IGNORED

If God doesnt communicate with you much does that mean you're not important to him?

Figure of eighty

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  462
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, Daniel Marsh said:

Usually in my experience those who say God is directly communicating with them in dreams and vision are often just made up for the purpose of claiming divine inspiration for their opinions.   I do not take such claims as being serious.   God does communicate to all believers thru his Word and Illumination of his word.

We're in the last days.

Acts 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God,
That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your young men shall see visions,
Your old men shall dream dreams.

In my experience, visions and dreams that are helpful, comforting and/or warn are from God. Those that are directional - especially those that are directional to other people at no cost to the visionary/dreamer - are "made up". I can give examples of both in my life. Do you say I'm a liar or deceived?

Or all those well substantiated testimonies of Muslims who've gotten saved through dreams and visions, at the potential (and in some cases actual) loss of their lives?

I suggest God is bigger than your theology.

In my experience, what is written in Scripture is true. Ergo: Acts 2:17 is true.

Edited by NotAllThere

1 hour ago, JohnR7 said:

Daniels prayer was hindered by the prince of persia. Daniel 10:13 Moses use to fast for 40 days to hear from God. 

Only twice. The rest of the time face to face. Exodus 33:11

Does no one read their Bibles nowadays? :emot-crying:

Edited by NotAllThere

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  191
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

25 And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped him.

26 But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man.

27 And as he talked with him, he went in, and found many that were come together.

28 And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

29 Therefore came I unto you without gainsaying, as soon as I was sent for: I ask therefore for what intent ye have sent for me?

30 And Cornelius said, Four days ago I was fasting until this hour; and at the ninth hour I prayed in my house, and, behold, a man stood before me in bright clothing,

31 And said, Cornelius, thy prayer is heard, and thine alms are had in remembrance in the sight of God.

32 Send therefore to Joppa, and call hither Simon, whose surname is Peter; he is lodged in the house of one Simon a tanner by the sea side: who, when he cometh, shall speak unto thee.

33 Immediately therefore I sent to thee; and thou hast well done that thou art come. Now therefore are we all here present before God, to hear all things that are commanded thee of God.

34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him. Acts 10

At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?

And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,

And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:1-4

10 Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.

11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.

12 How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?

13 And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray.

14 Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.Matthew 18:10-14

Gods children are all special in His eyes.

22 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

I am one blade of grass in a world wide meadow. Why should I expect any more from the One that saved me? 

You shouldn't. But He gives us far far more anyway. Because of His love, His grace and His mercy. And we can always ask.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

You may have greater faith than those who he communicates with more regularly. I think faith is very important to our God. He wants us to fully lean on him and to fully trust him, even when you don’t feel his presence.

The times when I have undoubtedly heard the voice of God was when it was most needed. Times of great trouble, pain and repentance. It’s like he knows when we really, I mean really need to hear from him and then he talks. If you need to hear him he will speak. Hold tight to your faith. I think it’s one of the only ways we can even come close to pleasing him in the flesh.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

I think the Lord High God drums His Royal fingers on His throne sometimes. He has given us the way to act and yet we hang back asking for blessings. Surely we will hear Him when we actually DO as He bids us. We are in His Image and must be His placeholders and messengers that ACT to bring His Kingdom to fruition.

Many talk about healings and exorcisms and all kinds of odd things. But imagine that the best way is to evangelise one soul at a time. One more for Him is one less for His enemies. A war of attrition that He will win with us or without us. So why sit and wait for 'words from above'? Why not act? He has given us the tools and He waits for us to pick them up and actually use them!

• Loved it! 1

1 hour ago, Drafido said:

I bet there are different answers to the following question: What does God's voice sound like?

That's easy. It sounds like Jesus' voice.

1 hour ago, Drafido said:

I bet there are different answers to the following question: What does God's voice sound like?

Jesus sounds gentle, kind and unmistakable. He doesn't have to announce who he is. You just know.

I want to add to what I said. Jesus spoke to me once when I repented. He pulled me from the darkness. But with that came extreme physical pain as chastisement, I mean extreme. During the absolute worst of it I was comforted not by the voice of Jesus but either of the Father or the Holy Spirit. A very authoritative voice but comforting. The first words from him I heard was the acknowledging of "Lord Jesus"! Then some things I need not to talk about but he let said that he loved me, several times through the pain over maybe a month. It got me through it, I could have been swinging from a rope...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,195
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

3 hours ago, Mantis said:

You may have greater faith than those who he communicates with more regularly. I think faith is very important to our God. He wants us to fully lean on him and to fully trust him, even when you don’t feel his presence.

Faith is everything to God:

Heb 11:6

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
KJV

as this connects to the very fabric of original design without sin exist... God made absolutely everything before the last of His creation man... this sets into motion all Adam had was God's Word that He, God, had made all this! There was no difficulty as there was no lie yet ...

• Thumbs Up 1