IGNORED

one person died of Covid every 40 seconds in USA.

R. Hartono

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

20 hours ago, just_abc said:

hi Alive :)

I came across this article / page.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html

Thanks.

Yes--I have seen this and thank you for posting. In addition to this reality, many illnesses are being reported as Covid 19 cases and some severe.

My wife is an extremely healthy and active indivdiual and was even more so back when she contracted pneumonia. She was hospitalized for several days and it was scary. If that happened today, she would almost certainly have been checked off as a C19 victim.

Thhere are far too many reports from various sectors that echo these things for it to be untrue.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

54 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I'm so sick of people saying this. People are needed lung transplants because of Covid. One person I know of, his kidneys shut down and he has a collapsed lung due to Covid .    The flu doesn't do that to people.   

This does nothing to answer the content I posted. What is inferenced, is the number of Covid cases reported--not severity.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  775
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Marathoner said:

I went over to the VA earlier and was tested. I'm not feeling ill but the precaution is necessary. Some of our residents have COPD and I'm not about to risk exposing them if I'm asymptomatic. It wouldn't surprise me if I were. 

How is the result ?

Guest PinkBelt

To anyone reading this thread please remember to take medical advice from a qualified doctor, and not people on message boards or social media.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,508
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

23 hours ago, Chicken coop2 said:

Nothing at all normal about this virus. After it almost killed me and I recovered as in over the viral infection many months ago, I continue to have all kinds of terrible and some quite strange problems from it. Research Covid19 long hauler.  That's what I am as are many thousands and thousands of others who have recovered.  I, personally, have every single problem on the Covid19 long hauler list. As the list gets longer more problems I have are being added to it.

Two problems I now have that I have not yet been told are officially Covid19 long hauler problems, but probably are as there is no other explanation are:

1. My normal body temperature is at least 2 degrees below normal and I am always freezing no matter how hot it is. 

2. I have tardive dyskinesia.  This is usually a very weird side effect of antipsychotic medications.  I have never taken such things.  Caffeine in my coffee and aspirin are my only medications. 

Praying for a speedy recovery for you. If I didn't mention it before, I don't know a lot about it, other than what I personally hear. I don't trust CDC, the news media or government reports. 

Once a person contracts it and recovers, can they get it again, or are the immune?

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,306
  • Content Per Day:  7.10
  • Days Won:  99

29 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Once a person contracts it and recovers, can they get it again, or are the immune?

Some get it again.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

On 11/26/2020 at 8:58 AM, Alive said:

Do some research on the average annual cases, hospitalizations and deaths from the flu.

Synthesize that.

Sure.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html#:~:text=While the impact of flu,61%2C000 deaths annually since 2010.

In the US there are between 9.3-45 million cases of flu annually, 140-810k hospitalizations, and between 12k-61k flu deaths annually over the last 10 years. It looks like the flu mortality rate is about 0.13% on average. 

Compare that to Covid in the US over the last 10 months (not even a full year of data!)

In the US there are about 13 million cases of covid so far this year,  ~90k hospitalizations, and like 255k deaths. It looks like the covid mortality rate is about 2%. 

This is all easy stuff to google, these are just raw numbers. Covid is 15 times more deadly than the flu, it's right there. 

I'm happy to answer any other questions you might have about why we all should be taking Covid seriously and be taking precautions for the safety of ourselves and our loved ones.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

On 11/26/2020 at 11:23 AM, WayneS said:

36,000 people die each year in the USA due to car accidents.  There is no vaccine for this and will continue every year. 
The government ought to impose driving restrictions on everyone to reduce this.  
Everyone to walk or ride a bike. ;)

And if car manufacturers go out of business and lay off millions, that’s ok.  We’re saving lives.

These are totally different things. Cars are manmade vehicles that provide clear tangible value to a ton of people - we as a society recognize that cars are dangerous, but we accept that risk because we get a lot out of them. "The greater good" and all that. And in case you didn't know there are already driving restrictions... that whole "driver's license" thing ;) 

Covid is a virus, an illness. It's not something we made to provide value, it's just a contagious thing that we've been afflicted with. 

Comparing governmental restrictions between cars & covid is comparing apples and oranges. 

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

How is the result ?

Won't know until Monday.

The results were reported to me this morning, a day early. I'm negative. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Brilliant! 1