IGNORED

one person died of Covid every 40 seconds in USA.

R. Hartono

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  462
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/26/2020 at 6:19 AM, R. Hartono said:

one person died of Covid every 40 seconds in USA.

And he's getting a bit annoyed 

Edited by NotAllThere
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  775
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, Josheb said:

Nope, and the question is a false equivalency. It also ignores my point. Why is everyone avoiding that? The US has done an amazing job of managing COVID-19 given the nature of the disease and our society and it's only ideologues and victims of their fear-mongering who don't acknowledge the facts. As I stated earlier, if we'd handled the outbreak like some of these other countries we'd have anywhere from twice to ten times the number of cases and fatalities. This is easily verified by visiting the CDC or WHO. It's not a matter up for dispute...

..and I think every single one of you who didn't know this information, is unaccepting of this information and doesn't believe it should ask yourselves why that is. Why do you not believe and accept facts? Why do you hold such irrational responses as, "Do you have to be a communist...?

Yeah. How about that? Our incidence rate is lower than most European and South American countries and many people in the US are not even willing to wear masks. 

That ought to tell you something other than paranoia and intolerance! Something positive

I've been exposed. Several times. Got tested every time and turned up negative. Possibly because I and they wore masks, practiced social distancing, and I wipe common surfaces down with a viricide (not just a gremicide) between clients. No one should falsely imagine my op-reply implies I'm purposefully ignoring anything. My brother-in-law nearly died from it and several family members of clients have died. 

That's sad. 

But I live my life based on the facts in evidence and reason. 

Yes, and cumulative case numbers WILL ALWAYS GO UP!!!!! 

Reason is our friend. It's not cumulative occurrences of numbers of new cases that should concern us. It is infection rates and mortality rates. Ignore the cumulative numbers and pay attention to the rate numbers. 

And none of this should surprise anyone given the reckless behavior of protestors, rioters, and political rallies we've had over the course of the past few months. 

America is a unique place. We have a hybrid mix of individualism and community consciousness that often clashes. We have a Constitution that (still) empowers the states and individual over the federal government (at least for the time being). We are never going to be like China. 

Or Sweden, France, Great Britain, or any other country. 

And that manifests itself in how we manage COVID-19. 

And the facts are we are managing it fairly well. As the numbers in the countries I listed show, it could have been much worse, and in many ways. We not only could have had greater infection and mortality rates, we could also have lost our freedom and become a totalitarian state....

...were it not for our Constitution and loyalty to it. 

You hv rights to say so.

But its horrible imho.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,234
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

I know people that looked into some hospitals in NY where the lol left media talked over run they were. So he went to many hospitals. Not one was over run and some looked very empty. Odd one would think a MAJOR news network could send a reporter over there. Walking in.. showing us.. hmm. Where I live.. hospitals are not over run. It was in March and April but now? Not at all. Many being reported as GETTING the virus but not more dying. 

Reading more studies about mask not form left or right and...pffft man WHO is telling the truth. Even ABC two were going at it as to the REAL Science <--everyone knows the REAL Science now lol. Seen so many charts and.. ICU's are not over run at all. People with other conditions that get covid die. Our best friends dad just died of this yesterday. Yes he was sick before this. 

Its so easy to talk about when we don't have our own business and other people depend on us for there lively hood. Being told to shut down.. you can't even go out side now? Not even eat out side. That does make me wonder if there is not some other motive here. If you been around this kind of thing then.. you know what I mean. Things don't add up right.  But.. praise GOD glory to JESUS! Something awesome wonderful will come out of all this.. its what our Father does best.. have faith. Something wonderful will happen

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

8 hours ago, TheBlade said:

Its so easy to talk about when we don't have our own business and other people depend on us for there lively hood. Being told to shut down.. you can't even go out side now? Not even eat out side. That does make me wonder if there is not some other motive here. If you been around this kind of thing then.. you know what I mean. Things don't add up right.  But.. praise GOD glory to JESUS! Something awesome wonderful will come out of all this.. its what our Father does best.. have faith. Something wonderful will happen

Who benefits from a worldwide pandemic exactly? All countries are facing economic hardship. 

It's simple. If you accept that

a) the virus should be taken seriously and

b) the virus is contagious and

c) our healthcare infrastructure can't handle a massive flood of sick people all at once

then logically it makes sense that people want to do something about it to save lives. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,874
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

On 11/26/2020 at 7:33 PM, just_abc said:

hi Alive :)

I came across this article / page.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html

Thanks.

Thanks for posting the link, so looking at the last ten years of flu seasons the highest accounts happened in 2018 where around 45 million infections and 61 thousand deaths from the flu.

as of today little less than a year there is 14.9 million infected and 287.9 thousand deaths so far from covid 19,  it appears to be a huge difference the flu is no where near the fatality rate as covid 19. if covid19 was to go unabated for ten years wow there would be a massive population reduction in the U.S. if not being flat out wiped out. 

Edited by BeyondET