Guest engagedchick05

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  342
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

I know exactly how you feel. My partner and i are both deeply in Love with the Lord and each other, and know our relationship is of God's choice, for many many reasons. But that still doesnt make it easy! We have had sex out of marriage and were so ashamed. The first step is repentance. Full on real repentance. And a commitment to God on a deeper level than you may have now. Instead of watching a movie together alone at home, do a Bible study or listen to a good preacher on tapes or worship together. You can be alone, but make God the centre of attention if you are totally alone. Not worldy things. You cant easily fall into sexual sin if your watching a preacher on tv or reading your Bible together! Be accountable to someone you trust, and be truthful. The Bible and Prayer is the only way to beat this sin. Were not perfect, we love a God who is. But with him all things are possible and you and your fiancee can overcome this sin just as my partner and i did. The way i saw it was, well i know were getting married anyway, but if i dont stop this sin before i get married then its like the sin i never overcame. Sin is sin anyway. And there must be a true repentance. You can do it!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,946
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  06/06/1979

I wish that I was a saved person when I met my fiance. We have been married now for 7 years and I always wished that I waited til I was married to engage in sexual acts. I will teach my children about it.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

If you both feel you are right for each other, is there any reason why you can't get married today?

Paul said, it is better to marry then to burn.

If you want to get an insight into your partner, guage his reaction when you suggest the idea to him today.

If you get the classic male ahem..gulp gulp, shuffling of the feet, eyballs rolling,

run for your life and don't look back!

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

If you both feel you are right for each other, is there any reason why you can't get married today?

Paul said, it is better to marry then to burn.

If you want to get an insight into your partner, guage his reaction when you suggest the idea to him today.

If you get the classic male ahem..gulp gulp, shuffling of the feet, eyballs rolling,

run for your life and don't look back!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wouldn't suggest that to my man...I mean, neither of us is anywhere near financially capable of starting our lives together. We have serious student loans, and I still have school to finish. And those are just the worldly reasons. We've both prayed about it and we keep feeling a "wait" answer. Plus, my parents don't know him well enough yet, and his prolly feel the same way about me...anyway, were it not for those obstacles, I would totally agree to marry him today, and he's said the same thing.

My point is, if it's not time, it's not time. Don't jump into something like that without prayer and preparation. Still, though, if you don't have those barriers, then I'd say it's darn good advice!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

when trying to resist the flesh... you must be strong. it won't just happen. avoid situations that provide that temptations. remember, in consideration that you WILL be married 4eva, so 4 months really isn't THAT long. :blink:

i wish you both all the best

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

I'm with Other One,

Get to the courthouse in the morning, soon as they open.

No really, I mean it.

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

I'm with Other One,

Get to the courthouse in the morning, soon as they open.

No really, I mean it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Like I said, this is great advice, if there are no obstacles...many have financial, familial, and spiritual barriers, though, which must be dealt with before you do this. I'm not saying you LOOK for excuses, but some things must absolutely be taken into consideration before jumping into this. Pray before you do anything like this.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Jesus spoke to the woman at the well, and said to her that she had 5 husbands and was not married to the man she was living with at the moment. That tells me that God doesnt recognize sexual intimacy outside marriage as anything but fornication, which is a sin.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  74
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

....  but it seems impossible everytime we say we are going to do that...  it's like our flesh knows it and that makes us desire it more.  How do I resist my flesh???  I'm like Paul I want to do the right thing, but evil is there with me..  I keep doing the wrong thing when I know it's the wrong thing!!!!

Any advice?  Anyone feel the same way???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We were talking in my small group today about how hard it is to change sin in our lives. We know we are doing wrong, we want to change, and yet we keep doing exactly what we want to stop doing.

Someone brought up that you have to start small and take it one step at a time, and you have to replace the temptation with something else. If you don't replace the sin with something different (and good), then you'll go right back to it.

As others have said here, don't put yourself in the position, and find other things to do as a couple that don't leave you alone.

I know, it is hard. This is not simple or easy. But ask God to help you and He will! You are not fighting this battle alone!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  342
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

"    Someone brought up that you have to start small and take it one step at a time, and you have to replace the temptation with something else.  If you don't replace the sin with something different (and good), then you'll go right back to it.  "

I was watching Creflo Dollar last night and he said the same thing, u must leave a sin, and come into something else, otherwise youll fall right back into it or find some other sin to cling to. Leave sexual immorality, come to Christ. Teachings, bible studies, tapes, videos, anything Christ centred.