IGNORED

Jupiter and Saturn Will Align to Create the First "Christmas Star" in Nearly 800 Years

LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Oh this sounds interesting!  "You'd have to go all the way back to just before dawn on March 4, 1226, to see a closer alignment between these objects visible in the night sky."

https://www.popsugar.com/smart-living/jupiter-saturn-christmas-star-48024008?fbclid=IwAR2JTRGRTaxjV-9TDaJWjeYY1IcTQJcavk0XqNOwUvcaiYmt4bI6Y7HWzaw

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/25/1973

Yes, it is fascinating. I've been watching these two planets moving toward alignment for awhile. 

Thank you for posting the article. I was going to post an article about it but I didn't know which forum to post it in. 

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Guinan said:

Yes, it is fascinating. I've been watching these two planets moving toward alignment for awhile. 

Thank you for posting the article. I was going to post an article about it but I didn't know which forum to post it in. 

I've been following Saturn and Jupiter since I was a kid.   I pointed out how close they were getting to my wife a couple of weeks before I saw the article on the Internet.  Mars is also quite visible in the eastern sky.  Using even an inexpensive telescope, you can see a few of the moons of Jupiter and the rings of Saturn.  Venus and Mars are not as spectacular as Jupiter and Saturn.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

The Bible talks about signs in the heavens (in Luke I think).  I know there are interesting astronomical events from time to time but I also wonder how many of them are one of these signs.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,264
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  1

This would probably be worth putting the scope together. 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,224
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

Sooner yet

Predictions from NASA and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) show that the solar storm is expected to impact Earth by midday Thursday. The storm is caused by a coronal mass ejection (CME). ... Sometimes, these particles make it all the way to Earth and beyond

When a CME hits, the solar particles can interact with Earth's magnetic field to produce powerful electromagnetic fluctuations. ... But the big fear is what might happen to the electrical grid, since power surges caused by solar particles could blow out giant transformers

:noidea::off-topic::taped::sneaking:

Edited by 1to3