IGNORED

Why cant God just appear to every one in the world and make miracles ?

R. Hartono

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,974
  • Content Per Day:  2.23
  • Days Won:  2

9 hours ago, Bawb said:

Acts 7:42 - But God turned away and delivered them to worship the host of heaven, as it has been written in the book of the prophets: 'Did you offer slain beasts and sacrifices to Me forty years in the wilderness, O house of Israel?

This Scripture is a part of Stephen's speech to the Sanhedrin, before he was stoned to death.

Stephen was filled with the Holy Spirit.

11 hours ago, Bawb said:

YeHoVah is so angry with His chosen people, His children and His "church"

By "church", do you mean Born-again, Spirit-filled Believers? Do you believe, God is Angry with us?

Edited by B-B

54 When they heard these things they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed at him with their teeth. 55 But he, being full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God, 56 and said, “Look! I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!”

57 Then they cried out with a loud voice, stopped their ears, and ran at him with one accord; 58 and they cast him out of the city and stoned him. And the witnesses laid down their clothes at the feet of a young man named Saul. 59 And they stoned Stephen as he was calling on God and saying, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” 60 Then he knelt down and cried out with a loud voice, “Lord, do not charge them with this sin.” And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

Acts 7:54-60

Edited by B-B

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/11/2020 at 7:08 AM, R. Hartono said:

I was thinking why cant God just appear to every one in the world and make miracles to the unbelieving world ?

And after quite a long long time i realized God has done that before to the Hebrew in Egypt for no good.

God appeared in a pillar of cloud and fire to protect the Hebrew after all those miracles He did in Egypt to punish the Egyptian.

Exodus 13:21 By day the LORD went ahead of them in a pillar of cloud to guide them on their way and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, so that they could travel by day or night.

God, even God appeared with mighty sound of thunder and trumpets on Mt. Sinai that everyone trembled :

Exodus 19:16 On the morning of the third day there was thunder and lightning, with a thick cloud over the mountain, and a very loud trumpet blast. Everyone in the camp trembled. 17 Then Moses led the people out of the camp to meet with God, and they stood at the foot of the mountain. 18 Mount Sinai was covered with smoke, because the Lord descended on it in fire. The smoke billowed up from it like smoke from a furnace, and the whole mountain trembled violently. 19 As the sound of the trumpet grew louder and louder, Moses spoke and the voice of God answered him.

Exodus 24:17 To the Israelites the glory of the Lord looked like a consuming fire on top of the mountain.

Exodus 20:18 18 When the people saw the thunder and lightning and heard the trumpet and saw the mountain in smoke, they trembled with fear. They stayed at a distance

BUT WHAT HAPPEN THEN AFTER ALL THAT MIRACLES IN EGYPT THAT GOD HAS DONE AND GOD SPLIT THE RED SEA AND DESTROYED PHARAOH'S ARMY, AND APPEARED ON MT. SINAI TO THOSE HEBREW ? THEY MADE A GOLDEN CALF AND WORSHIP IT.

Exodus 32 1 When the people saw that Moses was so long in coming down from the mountain, they gathered around Aaron and said, “Come, make us gods[a] who will go before us. As for this fellow Moses who brought us up out of Egypt, we don’t know what has happened to him.”

Aaron answered them, “Take off the gold earrings that your wives, your sons and your daughters are wearing, and bring them to me.” So all the people took off their earrings and brought them to Aaron. He took what they handed him and made it into an idol cast in the shape of a calf, fashioning it with a tool. Then they said, “These are your gods,[b] Israel, who brought you up out of Egypt.”

When Aaron saw this, he built an altar in front of the calf and announced, “Tomorrow there will be a festival to the Lord.” So the next day the people rose early and sacrificed burnt offerings and presented fellowship offerings. Afterward they sat down to eat and drink and got up to indulge in revelry.

GOD IS ABLE TO SEE WHAT THIS WORLD IS BOWING TO LIKE HE SAW WHAT THE HEBREW DID :

Exodus 32:7 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Go down, because your people, whom you brought up out of Egypt, have become corrupt. They have been quick to turn away from what I commanded them and have made themselves an idol cast in the shape of a calf. They have bowed down to it and sacrificed to it and have said, ‘These are your gods, Israel, who brought you up out of Egypt.

ITS NO USE FOR GOD TO REVEAL HIMSELF TO THOSE WHO DO NOT EVEN SEEK GOD.

Roman 3: 10 As it is written There is no one righteous, not even one 11 there is no one who understands there is no one who seeks God.

1) Because the atheist would call a friend to say they just hallucinated. A person in Hell is someone who always had an out for trusting in Jesus, no matter what Jesus did to them or for them.

2) Because zero miracles are for God to merely show off, all miracles helped a person(s) in need. Try to think of some examples, for instance, God parted a sea so the people fleeing an army could flee and the army be destroyed...

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, B-B said:

This Scripture is a part of Stephen's speech to the Sanhedrin, before he was stoned to death.

By "church", do you mean Born-again, Spirit-filled Believers? Do you believe, God is Angry with us?

By "Church" I am saying folks who say they are His "Church". Like the RCC who says they are the "Mother Church" and her "Protestant" daughters who protest nothing.

Like folks who say they are of His "Church" who say His Laws have been abolished, His Sabbath has been done away with or changed to another day.

Like folks who say they are in His "Church" who have LGBTQ pastors and are advocates for these groups.

Like folks who say they are His "Church" who support abortion, who are racists and bigots. Like folks who say they are His "Church" but celebrate every wretched and vile pagan practice and custom by calling them a Christian sounding name.

This is the "Church" I speak of. The Scriptures plainly state over and over He is angry with these people proclaiming they are "the Church".

5 hours ago, B-B said:

It was first from the "Old Testament" telling His people that he would have rather they obey Him and not sin rather than disobeying Him and slaughtering innocent animals to atone for their sins.

Amos 5:22 through 25 - 22Even though you offer Me burnt offerings and grain offerings, I will not accept them; for your peace offerings of fattened cattle I will have no regard. 23Take away from Me the noise of your songs! I will not listen to the music of your harps. 24But let justice roll on like a river, and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream. 25Did you bring Me sacrifices and offerings forty years in the wilderness, O house of Israel?

@Bawb

1 hour ago, Bawb said:

This is a sincere question...

Has your preoccupation with the Sabbath & pagan festivals become a bit of an idol for you? You seem to include it in quite alot of your posts. 

How often do you talk about taking care of orphans and widows, or visiting the sick? Or those in prison? Or remembering our persecuted Brethren in countries abroad? Do you not believe that the Lord is not more concerned about these matters? 🤷

1 hour ago, Bawb said:

Edited by B-B

21 minutes ago, B-B said:

@Bawb

This is a sincere question...

Has your preoccupation with the Sabbath, become a bit of an idol for you? You seem to include it in quite alot of your posts. 

How often do you talk about takings care of orphans and widows, or visiting the sick? Do you not believe that the Lord is not more concerned about these matters? 🤷

Sincere answer. I don't speak of taking care of widows, orphans or the sick because when I start to type it sounds as if I am trying to glorify myself and things I do. The left hand is not supposed to know what the right hand is doing. But, Yes, I wholeheartedly also believe that YeHoVah is greatly concerned about this. It is addressed in His word:

James 1:26 and 27 - 26If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not bridle his tongue, he deceives his heart and his religion is worthless. 27Pure and undefiled religion before our God and Father is this: to care for orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

And it would seem to be a very keen assessment of yours that addresses this is yet another thing "the Church" is NOT doing and displeasing GOD. But, I digress. I don't want to derail the topic. If you'd like, you can PM me or you can start a topic to discuss this issue. Because it is important!

Edited by Bawb

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

was thinking why cant God just appear to every one in the world and make miracles to the unbelieving world ?

And after quite a long long time i realized God has done that before to the Hebrew in Egypt for no good.

Maybe we could say that it has to do with the fact that the Lord is not just dealing with us humans, but also the god of this world who blinds humans.  It's a spiritual battle that goes beyond proving things to the carnal minds of people.  Also God is Spirit, and spirit and flesh mix together about as well as chalk and cheese.....men love the darkness and refuse to come into the light because their deeds that proceed from the flesh nature are evil.  People are unwilling to change and humbly acknowledge and give up their sins and wrongdoings.  There is a price to pay in following and obeying God/Jesus.

• Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, Bawb said:

I don't speak of taking care of widows, orphans or the sick because when I start to type it sounds as if I am trying to glorify myself and things I do. The left hand is not supposed to know what the right hand is doing. But, Yes, I wholeheartedly also believe that YeHoVah is greatly concerned about this. It is addressed in His word:

Sorry @Bawb 😊 I may not have explained myself very well. 

I wasn't questioning why you weren't sharing with the Forum, your own personal good deeds/works in Christ. I agree, we will receive our reward from the Father, if any.

It was more an observation of how Saturday Sabbath keeping and avoiding pagan festivals, came up quite frequently. (Not just in your posts of course, I hasten to add).

15 hours ago, Bawb said:

James 1:26 and 27 - 26If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not bridle his tongue, he deceives his heart and his religion is worthless. 27Pure and undefiled religion before our God and Father is this: to care for orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world

This is one of the Scriptures I had in mind, yes 😊

15 hours ago, Bawb said:

And it would seem to be a very keen assessment of yours that addresses this is yet another thing "the Church" is NOT doing and displeasing GOD.

I wasn't actually addressing 'The Church'. I was addressing what issues people believe the Lord values as being more important than others. But thanks for your response 😊 

God bless

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,786
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  0

I was thinking why cant God just appear to every one in the world and make miracles to the unbelieving world ?

God appeared in a pillar of cloud and fire to protect the Hebrew after all those miracles He did in Egypt to punish the Egyptian.

Exodus 13:21 By day the LORD went ahead of them in a pillar of cloud to guide them on their way and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, so that they could travel by day or night.

God, even God appeared with mighty sound of thunder and trumpets on Mt. Sinai that everyone trembled :

Exodus 19:16 On the morning of the third day there was thunder and lightning, with a thick cloud over the mountain, and a very loud trumpet blast. Everyone in the camp trembled. 17 Then Moses led the people out of the camp to meet with God, and they stood at the foot of the mountain. 18 Mount Sinai was covered with smoke, because the Lord descended on it in fire. The smoke billowed up from it like smoke from a furnace, and the whole mountain trembled violently. 19 As the sound of the trumpet grew louder and louder, Moses spoke and the voice of God answered him.

Exodus 24:17 To the Israelites the glory of the Lord looked like a consuming fire on top of the mountain.

Exodus 20:18 18 When the people saw the thunder and lightning and heard the trumpet and saw the mountain in smoke, they trembled with fear. They stayed at a distance

BUT WHAT HAPPEN THEN AFTER ALL THAT MIRACLES IN EGYPT THAT GOD HAS DONE AND GOD SPLIT THE RED SEA AND DESTROYED PHARAOH'S ARMY, AND APPEARED ON MT. SINAI TO THOSE HEBREW ? THEY MADE A GOLDEN CALF AND WORSHIP IT.

Exodus 32 1 When the people saw that Moses was so long in coming down from the mountain, they gathered around Aaron and said, “Come, make us gods[a] who will go before us. As for this fellow Moses who brought us up out of Egypt, we don’t know what has happened to him.”

Aaron answered them, “Take off the gold earrings that your wives, your sons and your daughters are wearing, and bring them to me.” So all the people took off their earrings and brought them to Aaron. He took what they handed him and made it into an idol cast in the shape of a calf, fashioning it with a tool. Then they said, “These are your gods,[b] Israel, who brought you up out of Egypt.”

When Aaron saw this, he built an altar in front of the calf and announced, “Tomorrow there will be a festival to the Lord.” So the next day the people rose early and sacrificed burnt offerings and presented fellowship offerings. Afterward they sat down to eat and drink and got up to indulge in revelry.

GOD IS ABLE TO SEE WHAT THIS WORLD IS BOWING TO LIKE HE SAW WHAT THE HEBREW DID :

Exodus 32:7 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Go down, because your people, whom you brought up out of Egypt, have become corrupt. They have been quick to turn away from what I commanded them and have made themselves an idol cast in the shape of a calf. They have bowed down to it and sacrificed to it and have said, ‘These are your gods, Israel, who brought you up out of Egypt.

ITS NO USE FOR GOD TO REVEAL HIMSELF TO THOSE WHO DO NOT EVEN SEEK GOD.

Roman 3: 10 As it is written There is no one righteous, not even one 11 there is no one who understands there is no one who seeks God.

If He were to do it, like the children of Israel, they would still be many that continue to rebel against God as we see time after time...

• Thumbs Up 1