• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/15/1960

Not sure how to ask this but here goes. Why is it that when some people are saved they immediately start a ministry while for others after they are saved they wait much longer to start one?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

1 hour ago, Berean said:

Not sure how to ask this but here goes. Why is it that when some people are saved they immediately start a ministry while for others after they are saved they wait much longer to start one?

It's not a Christian's job to start ministries. It's a Christian's job to obey the Lord.

Edited by johnthebaptist
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,655
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

So few believers are properly taught we are in fact priests of God who believe in

the genuine Jesus Christ (Revelation 1:6 / Revelation 5:10 / 1 Peter 2:3-9).

Hearkening back to Exodus 19:6 "kingdom of priests" ← which was never realized in

the Old Covenant because of the rebellion in Exodus 32. ← that is where the division

between clergy and laity rests. NOT in the New Covenant.

We are told (or it is implied) that only the seminary grads are priests / pastors / shepherds / etc.

and the rest of us are nothing but mere lay people... when just the opposite is true... and in most cases

those seminary grads have an incredibly thick jungle of doctrines and traditions of mere mortal man to

machete through to get to the truth! 

I know, I experienced it first hand.

Deutero - Trito Isaiah, for example, is typical teaching from higher criticism of the scriptures because 

humanist scholars disbelieve in supernaturalism (how Isaiah could predict the future). God actually does the predicting

and Isaiah was his prophet / scribe. So the truth is the champions of Deutero - Trito Isaiah simply do not believe in God.

A babe in Christ armed with the Holy Spirit interpreted, ← scripture authenticated, Word of God may not appear to out do

those trained in seminary (by human standards)... but the onus is on God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, Berean said:

I'd chalk it up to individual differences and situations.   I think the key is following God's leading and timing.  Some new believers are effective in a new ministry and others are not.  Some miss opportunities because they wait too long and others move in God's timing. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Berean said:

I don't think there is a right way ot a wrong way.  However, I would say thqt typically that new believer ought not to get carried away with wanting to start a ministry, when they still have much to learn, based upon zeal and good intentions. 

Love & Shalom