IGNORED

An Aspect Of Sin That God Might Really ENJOY !

Blood Bought 1953

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.55
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

15 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

I am reminded of a former congregation leader who had a bee in his bonnet about being religious. At first it was refreshing for the newly planted satellite congregation of a large denomination to hear his views about informal, spontaneous, open fellowship, which I am all for if godly guidance prevails, but unfortunately after ten years of raising this same topic in virtually every service, and defaulting to the same rhetoric in every message he bought no matter the subject, a bunch of us concluded he had become religious about not being religious.

Also, the informal, spontaneous, open mic situation yielded to some of the most abominable heresy and error I have had to confront. 

Yup--I spent many years in the 'home church' movement so to speak. Without elders and the direction of the the Lord in some meetings, especially when new folks would join in, it would get crazy. At the same time, these times were informative and opportunity for growth. Every congregation small or large needs some structure and each local expression is unique, but the Lord is the same.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  578
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Days Won:  0

Everything done in this body of death is sin. Still, God uses it for His glory. For instance, David killing Uriah the Hittite and taking his wife is also a picture of salvation - God has slain with the sword our former husband (the law) and taken us to be His bride! Compare to Romans 7:1-4. Also, Noah, a picture of salvation, getting drunk on wine, a picture of the gift of the Spirit.

Edited by Don19
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

21 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

God hates Sin.

What about this verse, I've read it in 6 translations it says about the same thing.

Galatians chapter 5 verse 4

You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.

I believe we're justified by love and mercy, God is love.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

7 hours ago, Michael37 said:

I am reminded of a former congregation leader who had a bee in his bonnet about being religious. At first it was refreshing for the newly planted satellite congregation of a large denomination to hear his views about informal, spontaneous, open fellowship, which I am all for if godly guidance prevails, but unfortunately after ten years of raising this same topic in virtually every service, and defaulting to the same rhetoric in every message he bought no matter the subject, a bunch of us concluded he had become religious about not being religious.

Also, the informal, spontaneous, open mic situation yielded to some of the most abominable heresy and error I have had to confront. 

I suppose I “ DO” have a “ Bee in My Bonnet” when it comes to “ religion”.......So does God . Religion says “ Do” ......God says “ DONE” 

“Religion” is the Polar opposite of Christiany..... Religion is the all- encompassing  Umbrella that includes ALL of the things that God Hates ....Legalism, Rule- Keeping for Salvation instead of Nothing But The Blood, Adding to  the Gospel Of Pure Grace, Refusing to Rest in the finished Work Of The Cross as Commanded in Hebrews— in short , “ religion” is Leaven......it takes only a little to leaven the whole batch...

It was “ religion”— LEAVEN—That destroyed many of Paul’s Churches that he founded ( “all of the churches in Asia-   Minor have deserted me”, he lamented to Timothy) 

The tragedy  Of the Modern Church is that they have taken Christianity and turned it into just another religion....” do do this and don’t do that” .Its like a Mongrel Mixture Of Judaism and Christianity —- “ JudaAnity” we could call it . God won’t  have it.....neither will I ....neither will the “ bee”...

People need to asks themselves —- are they religionists, TRYING to get to Heaven or are they Christians, TRUSTING to get to Heaven ? 

The great Teacher Of God’s Word, Watchman Née said that the answer to that question was the difference between Heaven and Hell .Serious stuff . Mock me as the man who has that “ bee in his bonnet”....If there were more “ bees” flying around , maybe 90% of the Church World would not be “ Fallen from Grace” and not even be aware of it . Many great Bible Teachers believe that “ Fallen from Grace” means Damnation. I disagree with that.The religionists —- all of those Tares,  Those That add to the Gospel with ANYTHING , the Spreaders Of Leaven, etc. , had better pray that my “ take” is the correct one

Meanwhile, get accustomed to the “ bee” , the “ bonnet” and “ me”........I will be around trying to squash Leaven, aka “ religion” as long as I draw breath......just like Paul. God Bless ....