IGNORED

How do you survive quarantine with a toxic family?

Figure of eighty

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,562
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

Its usually my dad. Starting and picking fights with me. Calling me names. I tried to work so I could get out the house but i lost the job bc my baby sitter and baby got sick at the same time.

And now I have my door closed and my dad is still talking about me. 

Im experiencing ppd and this is making it worse. I cant "talk" to my dad. He doesn't think he's wrong at all. I just hate this bc theres like no escape. And its breaking me down badly.

• Praying! 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

How do you survive quarantine with a toxic family?

One day at a time.     It worked for me...

"This is the day which the LORD hath made;

(I will) rejoice and be glad in it"

Pray for your dad...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  775
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

Be patient this life is just a test sister, look the cemeteries for Covid victims are fulled n they keep digging new holes, it cud b our turn tomorrow but while we are still alive we need to live in God no matter what.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,414
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

Just have to avoid him as much as possible, and if he's talking at you through a closed door headphones might be worth considering. It might not be something you especially want to do but you could also look at it as an opportunity to show forgiveness and pray for him. Forgiveness doesn't mean being a doormat or necessarily going out of your way to associate with him.

Other than that, hang on tight to the hope that the quarantine is coming to a close soon. We probably won't feel much improvement until summer/fall given the usual speed of government operations but it's something.

• Well Said! 1

6 hours ago, DDisconnect said:

What has he been calling you names and coming after you for?

Just anything. Its crazy its like he targets me. Shoot just yesterday my dad called his brother to start an argument with him. 

Concerning me Im always minding my own business.

2 hours ago, AnOrangeCat said:

Just have to avoid him as much as possible, and if he's talking at you through a closed door headphones might be worth considering. It might not be something you especially want to do but you could also look at it as an opportunity to show forgiveness and pray for him. Forgiveness doesn't mean being a doormat or necessarily going out of your way to associate with him.

Other than that, hang on tight to the hope that the quarantine is coming to a close soon. We probably won't feel much improvement until summer/fall given the usual speed of government operations but it's something.

Yeah ill get some headphones.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  191
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

We don't know the root of things happening. It can be handled without tension, its by choice. By asking for guidance from the Almighty. Its saddening what people are going thru these days. Try looking inside and this will soon pass and just be a memory.

2 hours ago, brotherdon said:

We don't know the root of things happening. It can be handled without tension, its by choice. By asking for guidance from the Almighty. Its saddening what people are going thru these days. Try looking inside and this will soon pass and just be a memory.

Tbh. I dont know either-- I dont do anything to provoke my dad. He just wakes up starting stuff.. Like i said not too long ago he called up his brother starting an argument with him out of nowhere and when his brother started getting angry he smiled and told him to calm down and conduct himself like an adult. Im not sure what the term is fot this behavior but my dad likes getting a rise out of people.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Days Won:  5

@Figure of eighty I am sorry to hear you feel this way in your own home. My stepdad makes my moms home the same way so I know how you feel. Unfortunately the solution is not an easy one. The only thing I could do was move out on my own and just visit my mom. I know it’s not easy or may seem impossible to do with the way things cost. I find being in dark spaces is more bearable if I can see light at the end of the tunnel such as applying to places to move or attending school or some sort of class that will get me a job where I can afford to move. Moving out was the only answer for me . 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

4 hours ago, Hopefully said:

@Figure of eighty I am sorry to hear you feel this way in your own home. My stepdad makes my moms home the same way so I know how you feel. Unfortunately the solution is not an easy one. The only thing I could do was move out on my own and just visit my mom. I know it’s not easy or may seem impossible to do with the way things cost. I find being in dark spaces is more bearable if I can see light at the end of the tunnel such as applying to places to move or attending school or some sort of class that will get me a job where I can afford to move. Moving out was the only answer for me . 

I defintely tried to move out. My son getting hospitalized halted all of that. 

Tommorow will hopefully be his last appointment.  

And I can start working regularly.

• Praying! 2