• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  299
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

So, in a nutshell, you do not believe in the Trinity, as you claimed earlier.  You sure have a lot of scripture you need to change to the power of God then.  How can you justify this in Matthew 28:19 when the Greek itself says "the holy spirit", not the power of God?

Yo can do what you wish, but as for me -  I'll stick with what scripture tells me.

Im coming in late on this, but to me the power of GOD is certainly synonymous with the Spirit of GOD. It is by the Spirit of GOD that all is done. It is the Spirit that is GOD. There is little distinction to be made between the Holy Temple of GOD and the Spirit of GOD which is pleased to dwell in said Holy Temple, but a distinction still. To me the Word of GOD is also synonymous with the Spirit of GOD which is indeed the means by which we know of GOD. Blessed Holy Jesus was filled with the Spirit of GOD. It is not the flesh that is to be regarded as the Spirit of life. The Holy Spirit gives life to the flesh. That is that the Word became flesh. If one wholly equates the Holy Temple to GOD almighty then they in effect equate the believer with GOD almighty according to scripture. And lastly; if the believer is called the sibling of blessed Holy Jesus; and the man Jesus is regarded as GOD almighty then where does that leave us?

Interesting discussion.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

56 minutes ago, Daily Bread said:

The Bible does not teach the trinity. You or I can assume what we wish but the trinity has no scriptural proof.In fact it takes away from the God family of Father and Son and makes it a triune which as I said before is a pagan god concept. Paul certainly did not introduce the Holy Spirit in a trinity with God the Father and Jesus when he began his epistles.Where was the Holy Spirit as a person in his epistles? There were many.

No, but Jesus did.  I pointed to one of many places where Jesus referred to the Holy Spirit as being part of the God Head and you don't even touch on it. 

Matthew 28:19

Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit

Edited by OneLight

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

37 minutes ago, popsthebuilder said:

Im coming in late on this, but to me the power of GOD is certainly synonymous with the Spirit of GOD. It is by the Spirit of GOD that all is done. It is the Spirit that is GOD. There is little distinction to be made between the Holy Temple of GOD and the Spirit of GOD which is pleased to dwell in said Holy Temple, but a distinction still. To me the Word of GOD is also synonymous with the Spirit of GOD which is indeed the means by which we know of GOD. Blessed Holy Jesus was filled with the Spirit of GOD. It is not the flesh that is to be regarded as the Spirit of life. The Holy Spirit gives life to the flesh. That is that the Word became flesh. If one wholly equates the Holy Temple to GOD almighty then they in effect equate the believer with GOD almighty according to scripture. And lastly; if the believer is called the sibling of blessed Holy Jesus; and the man Jesus is regarded as GOD almighty then where does that leave us?

Interesting discussion.

To me, God is a title or office, occupied by the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.  You can't have one without the other two, according to what ... dare I say it ... I believe.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

Those who deny the Trinity and/or that Jesus is God are just bugs on the windshield of Christianity.

5 minutes ago, OneLight said:

To me, God is a title or office, occupied by the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.  You can't have one without the other two, according to what ... dare I say it ... I believe.

To me the Spirit of GOD is GOD.

Just now, Episcopius said:

Those who deny the Trinity and/or that Jesus is God are just bugs on the windshield of Christianity.

Wowzers! Tell us how you really feel.

3 hours ago, Daily Bread said:

Scripture sure says they do.The previous verse as I said were added later by men trying to prove the trinity and the person of the Holy Spirit. It was never a part of teaching in the early Church. Paul certainly did not introduce his epistles to the Holy Spirit but to God the Father and Jesus.

Are you denying that the Spirit hovered over the waters?

1 minute ago, Daily Bread said:

If you read my previous post you will see where I used Genesis 1:1-2 as a reference to God's spirit.

Thank you for the clarification. I've read through the thread but didn't take notice of who said what so much. What do you mean about the Spirit not being denoted as GOD? or am i just wholly mistaken?

But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart

to lie to the Holy Ghost,

and to keep back part of the price of the land

https://www.blueletterbible.org/assets/images/copyChkboxOff.gif Act 5:4

Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart?

thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Isa 9:6

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor,

The mighty God,

The everlasting Father,

The Prince of Peace.

The child is Jesus, for the earlier child in Isaiah's time would not be called MIGHTY GOD - EVERLSTING FATHER  - but Jesus is