• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

Lets keep it simple.

John 3: 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Jesus said He was sent because God loved the whole world. Do you really think that anything catches God by surprise? He was well aware His saving grace was going to the gentiles as well

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Riverwalker said:

Lets keep it simple.

John 3: 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Jesus said He was sent because God loved the whole world. Do you really think that anything catches God by surprise? He was well aware His saving grace was going to the gentiles as well

Yes, God was going to save the Gentiles....this could be seen in prophecy, in the law and prophets:

Genesis 18:18 KJV - Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him?

Isaiah 49:6 KJV - And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

Before Paul,  Gentiles could only be saved through Israel however.

John 3:16 however, is, while the most popular verse, is not the best verse to give.....it was given to Israel who only had to believe on the NAME of Jesus, not the redemptive work of his cross. Consider the following verse:

John 3:18 KJV - He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

3 hours ago, douge said:

God says his entire nature is evident in creation.

Romans 1:19-20

19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

What if they responded in humility to the God they saw in creation- since the creation of the world?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,221
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

6 hours ago, douge said:

I think you have forgotten  - `By faith Abel,....by faith Enoch,....by faith Noah,...` etc. (Heb. 11)

11 hours ago, Riverwalker said:

God says his entire nature is evident in creation.

Romans 1:19-20

19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

What if they responded in humility to the God they saw in creation- since the creation of the world?

I can only say what the Bible says....Gentiles could become proselytes ........Exodus 12:48 KJV - And when a stranger shall sojourn with thee, and will keep the passover to the LORD, let all his males be circumcised, and then let him come near and keep it; and he shall be as one that is born in the land: for no uncircumcised person shall eat thereof...... Acts 13:43 KJV - Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.

Gentiles could bless Israel to be blessed....Genesis 12:3 KJV - And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Gentiles could believe on the name of Jesus .....John 3:16 KJV - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Gentiles could believe the preaching of Peter.....Acts 10:45 KJV - And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Edited by douge

9 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

I think you have forgotten  - `By faith Abel,....by faith Enoch,....by faith Noah,...` etc. (Heb. 11)

Gentiles were strangers from the covenants, they had to become proselytes...Exodus 12:48 KJV - And when a stranger shall sojourn with thee, and will keep the passover to the LORD, let all his males be circumcised, and then let him come near and keep it; and he shall be as one that is born in the land: for no uncircumcised person shall eat thereof.

Yes Abraham was uncircumcised when he believed God and righteousness was imputed.

I was only saying that Jesus came to shed his blood for the sins of Israel, it was not revealed until Paul that it was for the whole world.

50 minutes ago, douge said:

Gentiles were strangers from the covenants, they had to become proselytes...Exodus 12:48 KJV - And when a stranger shall sojourn with thee, and will keep the passover to the LORD, let all his males be circumcised, and then let him come near and keep it; and he shall be as one that is born in the land: for no uncircumcised person shall eat thereof.

Yes Abraham was uncircumcised when he believed God and righteousness was imputed.

I was only saying that Jesus came to shed his blood for the sins of Israel, it was not revealed until Paul that it was for the whole world.

But according to Romans 1:18-20  they are not strangers to God.  No Paul only brought the message a the name of Christ, the reason his message spread, was because it resonated with what they already knew of God, even the greeks at Ephesus had  a place for the "Unknown" God. The light was also hated for the same reason, because those who rejected God, knew it was the truth, same is true today

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.96
  • Days Won:  21

Acts 10:44-48 - The Holy Spirit Given To Gentiles
44 While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all those who were listening to the message. 45 All the circumcised believers who came with Peter were amazed, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles also. 46 For they were hearing them speaking with tongues and exalting God. Then Peter answered, 47 “Surely no one can refuse the water for these to be baptized who have received the Holy Spirit just as we did, can he?” 48 And he ordered them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked him to stay on for a few days.

Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/readings/The-Holy-Spirit-Given-To-Gentiles

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,221
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

5 hours ago, douge said:

However, Abel, Enoch, Noah etc were all BEFORE Israel.

Then again we read, `...in Christ: according as He has chosen us in Him BEFORE the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love.` (Eph. 1: 4)

This reveals the purpose of the Godhead that those who receive Christ become chosen. And this is BEFORE Israel became a nation.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,002
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

On 1/19/2021 at 6:07 PM, douge said:

Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were you baptized in the name of Paul? 1 Corinthians 1:13

If any man does not love the Lord Jesus Christ, let that man be anathema, Oh Lord Come! 1 Corinthians 16:22

He that has my commands and keeps them, he it is that loves me. John 14:21

Lord, how is it that you will reveal yourself to us Jews and not to the world? Jon 14:22

He that has my commands and keeps them, he it is that loves me. John 14:23

Go ye into all the world and teach all nations... whatsoever I have commanded you Matthew 28:19-20.

Edited by Desopixi Seilynam