• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  478
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,561
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

2 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

I'm debating whether I should share what happened to me? 

Come on Dennis lol. 

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  478
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,561
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

11 hours ago, Riverwalker said:

While I have experienced many wonderful things in the Lord, visions come few and far between

My most memorable experience I am not sure if it was a vision or a revelation

Our church was in worship and we were having a particularly spirit filled time, when I opened my eyes and saw the roof was off the church, and surrounding the church at the roof level was a very bright halo of light, and in that light I could see the forms of angels, it was as if they had come to our service to join the the praise and worship that was going on.  Must have been hundreds of them, what you might call a heavenly host. :) Vision? Revelation? I don't know but it was a great blessing.

That was awesome. God had bless you in the spirit realm.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,210
  • Content Per Day:  7.08
  • Days Won:  99

I hope more are encouraged to write and share what they have received from the Lord. :) 

I'm an accomplished writer but I struggle with sharing spiritual matters in the vernacular so the reader will readily understand. I'm all too aware that I'm a man who sees darkly and knows only in part; when I write about the purpose and will of the Almighty this encompasses something which defies the grasp of my meager mind. I fall short and this has been the impetus behind my silence and reluctance to speak about what I've witnessed for many years. A fool who holds his tongue is accounted wise, friends.  

Yet it is needful that I put forth the effort and so the Lord encourages me, knowing that we find ourselves in an age when the hearts of many run cold. This was foretold by the apostle Paul prior to his martyrdom, a servant chosen by Jesus Christ to minister to us in the present day. I'm not writing to sway opinion nor win hearts and minds... perish the thought! I will share a portion of the will and purpose of the Almighty as the Lord was pleased to reveal to me, a man of no account. 

There was a reason why the Spirit lifted me up, taking me away so I might witness the holy ones presenting themselves before the Lord on the mount of assembly. This is so the living might know that the Lord Most High presides over His creation and there is no one who can stand against Him: not man, not the accuser of the brethren who is our enemy, nor the wicked principalities (stars) the evil one cast to this earth to defeat the nations.

Yes, even the evil one abides by the words of God and the decree of His council. The Lord need only say it and it is done. 

Accordingly the visions which the Spirit revealed pertain to the following passages of scripture, from the NASB. 

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. (Ephesians 6:12)

Then another sign appeared in heaven: and behold, a great red dragon having seven heads and ten horns, and on his heads were seven crowns. And his tail swept away a third of the stars of heaven and hurled them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was about to give birth, so that when she gave birth he might devour her Child. (Revelation 12:3-4)

How you have fallen from heaven,
You star of the morning, son of the dawn!
You have been cut down to the earth,
You who defeated the nations!
But you said in your heart,
‘I will ascend to heaven;
I will raise my throne above the stars of God,
And I will sit on the mount of assembly
In the recesses of the north.
I will ascend above the heights of the clouds;
I will make myself like the Most High.’

(Isaiah 14:12-14)

My enemy was not those children of the devil (the gangbangers) but rather the principality, which can be called a throne, who holds sway over the governments of men in the polity where our Father sent me. These spiritual principalities are arranged in such a way to mirror the governance and political boundaries of men. Thus Satan is the ruler of this world by virtue of those princes he purposed to weaken the nations (peoples of earth). 

The book of Daniel sheds much light on the nature of these princes, those who were judged by the Lord and His assembly in Psalm 82. The prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood the angel (messenger) sent to Daniel by the Lord. The apostle Paul tells us that these wicked powers are the enemies we face in this world; the apostle John was shown how the wicked one cast those princes, whom I refer to as stars in my own testimony, to the earth to weaken and overcome us; and the prophet Isaiah declared the words of the Lord and His judgment against the one who seeks to overcome us. Babylon is the figure, or type, of the evil one's governance on this earth, hence Isaiah was speaking not only to Babylon but to the wicked one himself. 

There is a duality to this existence which is lost to us in this present darkness.  

Even after all this time and the measure of faith which the Lord saw fit to give to me, it is so hard to write about the will and purpose of our Father in sending me into the lion's den. First, it was so that I might fall and (finally) learn that I am nothing in and of myself. I am weak and ineffectual, incapable of withstanding the terrifying power of a prince of this world. It pleased God to permit me to fall under the throne's power. I struggled with the knowledge of this for so very long. 

Second, it was so that the vision the Spirit sent many years ago might be fulfilled. I saw a great mountain in the darkness of a wilderness and despaired that I would never reach it under my own power. When all seemed lost and I wept tears of sorrow in my solitude, the darkness fled before a great light which dawned upon the mountain, the glory of which blinded my eyes and dried the tears on my face. I beheld the glory of the Lord in this vision 40 years before His Spirit came to me in the shadow of death. 

Third, it was for the sake of a widow, abandoned by her family and children to die alone in that wilderness. She was disabled and had no one to help her... no one to comfort her... and no one who believed her cries for help. Members of that gang had done unspeakable things to her, things I will not write nor speak about. This was so the arm of the Lord might be revealed to His wayward daughter, one who suffered more than most endure in this world. It was for her salvation. Our Father heard and was moved for her sake. 

Fourth, it was so that we might grasp that nothing and no one can stand against the Most High, not even the wicked powers in high places who rule over the nations. They are already defeated like the chief among their number, those who seek to overcome the elect --- the saints of God --- for the Son of God judged them long ago. The ruler of this world has been judged, and as we see in the book of Job even the accuser abides by the words of God. The Lord delivered me from the power of the prince and has blessed me greatly since that time. 

Be of good cheer because Christ has overcome the world!

Edited by Marathoner
spotted a typo... typo patrol!
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  348
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,499
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/19/2021 at 9:08 PM, LearningToLetGo said:

You can't leave us hanging...

Okay, after some thought, it is part of my testimony. I want to preface this by saying: I'm now 68 years old, never had a hallucination or seen anything that wasn't there in my life, never tried LSD, I'm sane, rational and logical. It's extremely difficult to put into words what I seen and felt, and I can't say if it was projected visually or mentally, the Lord only knows. I've tried to be a tough guy all my life, twenty years in the military, keeping my emotions under check and trying to harden my heart.

In November 2016, out of the clear blue sky, something came over me and I experienced a spiritual breakdown and submission. I accepted the Lord as my Savior when I was about 12 years old; after being inducted into the Army, my walk with the Lord went down the tubes and I became an alcoholic. I don't know if "backslider" would be the proper term to use? To be very brief; on that day, I broke down like never before and repented of my sins and begged for forgiveness. 

In my prayers I petitioned and asked three things from the Lord if it was in His will. I asked He take the taste of beer out of my mouth. In my life without exaggeration, I've probably drank a swimming pool of beer. Immediately the Lord took the taste for beer out of my mouth. No shakes, no withdraws, no desires, no 12 step programs; that addiction and crutch was immediately removed.

I asked the Lord to direct me to a Bible believing Gospel preaching church He would have me attend [hadn't been inside a church for worship service in decades]. He did, it's amazing how the Holy Spirit talks to you through whispers in thoughts. For some reason I wanted to know the name of my Sunday School teacher who brought me to the Lord many years ago. Her name was gone and erased from memory for all those decades, and it bothered me. I think I wanted to try and locate her and talk to her, if she was still alive.

Anyway, it was a couple of weeks later and I went to bed with nothing particular on my mind. Just a few seconds after I crawled into bed and was positioning myself trying to get comfortable, something beyond description happened to me. Everything happened all at once and at the same time, and lasted what I estimate to be seven seconds.

The dark bedroom dimly lit up and the silence was deafening; the warmest most comforting, tingling and secure wonderful feeling permeated by entire being I don't have words to describe, incredible, may be even heavenly? I don't know if I was visually seeing it or it was imprinted in my mind?

The darkest background in a deep black a mind cannot even imagine; with white lettering, so white, whiter than I could possibly describe; in the sharpest lettering beyond imagination was written: DARLEEN GREEN

In about 7 seconds, as fast as it instantaneously came over me, it was gone. The most stupid thing came out of my mouth without even thinking, Lord, please, can we do this again. I immediately jumped out of bed and wrote her name down so I didn't forget it again. 

In the Bible there are many places where people have had visions from God. I'm not claiming I had a vision from God, but I don't know how else one would describe it? Other than I know it was an answer from my prayer to God in a miraculous and supernatural unexpected way. A terrible, hardheaded, resistant, rebellious sinner getting a wonderful blessing and answer like that in such a way? I praise my Lord and Savior Jesus, what He did for me and brought me back to His loving arms. 

Shortly thereafter, a Bible verse popped up and slapped me upside the head:

Philippians 1:6 (KJV) Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

• Praise God! 3

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  241
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

24 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Okay, after some thought, it is part of my testimony. I want to preface this by saying: I'm now 68 years old, never had a hallucination or seen anything that wasn't there in my life, never tried LSD, I'm sane, rational and logical. It's extremely difficult to put into words what I seen and felt, and I can't say if it was projected visually or mentally, the Lord only knows. I've tried to be a tough guy all my life, twenty years in the military, keeping my emotions under check and trying to harden my heart.

In November 2016, out of the clear blue sky, something came over me and I experienced a spiritual breakdown and submission. I accepted the Lord as my Savior when I was about 12 years old; after being inducted into the Army, my walk with the Lord went down the tubes and I became an alcoholic. I don't know if "backslider" would be the proper term to use? To be very brief; on that day, I broke down like never before and repented of my sins and begged for forgiveness. 

In my prayers I petitioned and asked three things from the Lord if it was in His will. I asked He take the taste of beer out of my mouth. In my life without exaggeration, I've probably drank a swimming pool of beer. Immediately the Lord took the taste for beer out of my mouth. No shakes, no withdraws, no desires, no 12 step programs; that addiction and crutch was immediately removed.

I asked the Lord to direct me to a Bible believing Gospel preaching church He would have me attend [hadn't been inside a church for worship service in decades]. He did, it's amazing how the Holy Spirit talks to you through whispers in thoughts. For some reason I wanted to know the name of my Sunday School teacher who brought me to the Lord many years ago. Her name was gone and erased from memory for all those decades, and it bothered me. I think I wanted to try and locate her and talk to her, if she was still alive.

Anyway, it was a couple of weeks later and I went to bed with nothing particular on my mind. Just a few seconds after I crawled into bed and was positioning myself trying to get comfortable, something beyond description happened to me. Everything happened all at once and at the same time, and lasted what I estimate to be seven seconds.

The dark bedroom dimly lit up and the silence was deafening; the warmest most comforting, tingling and secure wonderful feeling permeated by entire being I don't have words to describe, incredible, may be even heavenly? I don't know if I was visually seeing it or it was imprinted in my mind?

The darkest background in a deep black a mind cannot even imagine; with white lettering, so white, whiter than I could possibly describe; in the sharpest lettering beyond imagination was written: DARLEEN GREEN

In about 7 seconds, as fast as it instantaneously came over me, it was gone. The most stupid thing came out of my mouth without even thinking, Lord, please, can we do this again. I immediately jumped out of bed and wrote her name down so I didn't forget it again. 

In the Bible there are many places where people have had visions from God. I'm not claiming I had a vision from God, but I don't know how else one would describe it? Other than I know it was an answer from my prayer to God in a miraculous and supernatural unexpected way. A terrible, hardheaded, resistant, rebellious sinner getting a wonderful blessing and answer like that in such a way? I praise my Lord and Savior Jesus, what He did for me and brought me back to His loving arms. 

Philippians 1:6 (KJV) Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

It was a real blessing this morning to hear your testimony of what happened to you.  Back in the 1970s, many many of us spoke of what the Lord had done, and it was just so uplifting.  May the Lord bless you.   And may He bless Darleen Green too, or her loved ones, all the other kids she spoke to, those she would want blessed.

• Loved it! 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  717
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

the silence was deafening; the warmest most comforting, tingling and secure wonderful feeling permeated by entire being ...

In about 7 seconds, as fast as it instantaneously came over me, it was gone. The most stupid thing came out of my mouth without even thinking, Lord, please, can we do this again.

I know EXACTLY what you describe. "Deafening silence" and a desire for the union to never end. Memories fade. Doubts creep in. Never forget what you experienced. Thank you for sharing.

• Loved it! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,210
  • Content Per Day:  7.08
  • Days Won:  99

12 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

I was so blessed to read this portion of your testimony, brother. May I be so bold to assert with confidence that you did, in fact, receive from the Lord? Christ performed a great work in you, @Dennis1209 (and still is). I understand where you're coming from. We're similar where rationality and a reserved demeanor are concerned. I never touched drugs so we share this in common, too. I didn't do 20 years in the military, though... my father, who served in the Army for 30 years, talked me out of staying in beyond one four year hitch. He wanted me to do 4, get out, and go to college. I gave him my word and so I kept it.

Here's what I'm convinced of: the same Spirit ministers to us all but the Lord reveals Himself to us in different ways. I believe this has everything to do with how Christ fashioned us by His hand: each one of us with different strengths and weaknesses, never intended to be "lone wolves" and thus complete in and of ourselves. We were meant to fit together as a many-membered Body. The hand isn't the same as the foot... the elbow is different from the shoulder. :)  

• Thumbs Up 2