George

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Totally at peace. I don't participate in affairs of the world. If I have any concerns, they are directed at the birth pangs the earth is experiencing right now, not who will be tomorrows president. 

I'm at peace because I know God is there. Not out watching over the world but right here next to me. If it were possible I could reach out and touch Him. That's how close I feel to God. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  431
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  08/31/1950

one of my favourits "thou wilt keep in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on thee"

our Lord is the Lord of peace.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  774
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,949
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, George said:

With everything going on in the world! As the cancel culture seems to be coming upon us incredibly fast. Are you at peace? If so, why? If not, why? I'm curious! :)

Ever since man fell into sin, their hearts are actually worry, weary, unrest n lonely though psychologically it doesnt appear blatantly in good times of plenty, where people claim they are in peace n joy.

The reality of this sadness will appear in bad times such as happened to Job, which is actually the test.

It wont stop until the day of redemption.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,225
  • Content Per Day:  7.08
  • Days Won:  99

4 hours ago, George said:

With everything going on in the world! As the cancel culture seems to be coming upon us incredibly fast. Are you at peace? If so, why? If not, why? I'm curious! :)

Yes, my friend. I am at peace knowing that everything proceeds according to the will and purpose of God. There is no other like the Lord Most High, and no one (and nothing) can stand against Him. Who is like the Lord? :) 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,265
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

6 hours ago, George said:

Are you at peace?

Is God still on the Throne!.............default_thumbsup.gif.4af7c132c11eda32904cbf3ad7de25f7.gif

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  39

I am at peace, while remaining vigilant.  A pastor I sat under for a number of years a few decades ago used to tell us that we should never fear persecution as Christians, because the fire of persecution burns off the dross (false believers), leaves the true believers, and gives the Church more power.  

I'm trying to prepare myself to not be comfortable if this happens.  I work at the county health department and there are a lot of hard-core radical liberals who were despondent over the results of the last election and exhilarated at the results of this election, and I'm praying that whatever ends up coming down the pike doesn't cost me my job.  

The Lord has taken me through a number of incredibly difficult situations in my life.  I really would rather avoid having to go through more at my age (60s), but I know whatever happens, the Lord will carry me through the same as He has before.  

Like I posted in another post, the Lord has led me to focus on Psalm 46 this week, and that's helping.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  39

4 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

The reality of this sadness will appear in bad times such as happened to Job, which is actually the test.

It wont stop until the day of redemption.

Boy, is that the truth!  When I have gone through my worst times, I plug my name and life circumstances into Job chapters 1 and 2 and put my stubborn nature to work trying to be a person of whom God could equally boast, "Have you considered my servant Melinda..."

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  478
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,565
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

I have peace from God because we are more then conquerors through Jesus our lord. Nothing can conquer us. Ee can feel pain and have physical loss. But Jesus overcame the world and so we have won. When he comes we will be like him for we shall see him as he is. Praise God.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

Oh I am at peace except when I am not. Then I have to run back to my Lord and be anxious for nothing and give him my prayers and thanksgiving, and let his peace wash over me.....and think on lovely things

Surely the times are not encouraging. But from the time the doctor swatted us on the backside and we breathed our first breath, God knew what was awaiting us, and prepared us to face it, all we need to make sure that we do, is Cast our cares  upon Him,  and take up the armor and grace

Phil 4:

6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

1 Peter 5:

5 Likewise you younger people, submit yourselves to your elders. Yes, all of you be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility, for

“God resists the proud,
But gives grace to the humble.”

6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, 7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.

Edited by Riverwalker

• Topic Count:  774
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,949
  • Content Per Day:  3.06

2 hours ago, MomBearTo4 said:

Boy, is that the truth!  When I have gone through my worst times, I plug my name and life circumstances into Job chapters 1 and 2 and put my stubborn nature to work trying to be a person of whom God could equally boast, "Have you considered my servant Melinda..."

Bless you.

But it isnt over yet ( the finish line ).