• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

18 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

But it is just as much a fact that Jesus was not talking about the rapture in His prayer. 

When else would believers be taken out of the world? Can you think of another time when all believers or any believers would be taken out. Jesus said protect them in the world and not just them, but all who believe their message. Why then would we be taken out of this world before his return?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  4

20 hours ago, Jaydub said:

When else would believers be taken out of the world? Can you think of another time when all believers or any believers would be taken out. Jesus said protect them in the world and not just them, but all who believe their message. Why then would we be taken out of this world before his return?

When else indeed? God could have chosen to take people to heaven as soon as they were born again. After all, we become heaven's citizens as soon as we become children of God. If it was not God's plan to take the church out, so He can pour out His wrath, why did John write of Jesus going to prepare homes for us, and tell us He would come and get us and take us to those homes - just like used to happen in Jesus' day when a couple got married.

As I said, you cannot build a doctrine on one verse. 

His prayer was that we not be taken out, but stay and do His work. But the work of the church will end at the rapture. God will then begin the 70th week of Daniel which will be for the Jews and Hebrews. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,217
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Hi all.. question were we really asking simple questions? Seems that answers were already known. 

Not here to debate.. hard on this one since there is no pre mid post caught up (rapture) verse and my personal view/believe is not scripture.  So for me when one states their personal view as truth.. nothing to talk about. We know Jesus is the only way to the Father.. its written. 

So form whats been said one needs to understand what "the day of the lord" is and is not. Also suffer wrath " For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath". blah blah blah.. I've never seen just one return of Christ. Well the 2nd who comes with Him those that are asleep? "For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.".  

One main reason not to debate is... you can't say everything that should be said in one post. Take SO many. Some post a few verses and then "mic drop" :) didn't even begin to touch it. Sorry I am not much fun :)

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  458
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

On 3/8/2021 at 9:51 PM, iamlamad said:

You can believe this if you choose, but you will be wrong.  The verses you quoted cannot be used for chronology. On the other hand, John used very strict chronology in Revelation.

In Revelation?? The most symbolic book of the bible. Hmmm

My next question is why isnt the Last Trumpet the last trumpet according to the Rapturist?

1COR.15 [50] Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.[51] BEHOLD, I SHEW YOU A MYSTERY; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,[52] In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, AT THE LAST TRUMP: FOR THE TRUMPET SHALL SOUND, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

scripture says that the “so called rapture” occurs as the LAST TRUMPET is blown.

MATTHEW 24 [29]IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE TRIBULATION of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: [30] And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. [31] And he shall send his angels with A GREAT SOUND OF A TRUMPET, and THEY SHALL GATHER TOGETHER HIS ELECT from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Here we find a trumpet being blown after the tribulation period. You cannot have the LAST TRUMPET being blown before the tribulation or at mid tribulation if a trumpet is being blown AFTER the tribulation. Yes, the trumpet blown in Matt.24 is the last trumpet of 1Cor.15. In Matt.24 You find the LAST TRUMPET being blown and the gathering of Gods people {in the twinkling of an eye}

ISAIAH 27 [12] And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall beat off from the channel of the river unto the stream of Egypt, and ye shall be GATHERED ONE BY ONE, O ye children of Israel.[13] And it shall come to pass in that day, that THE GREAT TRUMPET SHALL BE BLOWN, and they shall come which were ready to perish in the land of Assyria, and the outcasts in the land of Egypt, AND SHALL WORSHIP THE LORD IN THE HOLY MOUNT AT JERUSALEM.

The GREAT trumpet {also found in Matt.24} shall be blown. His people gathered. Its off to Jerusalem. To the kingdom. Not headin for heaven

So why do you Rapturist claim the Last trumpet isnt really the last trumpet

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60

The Rapture and the Return are two different things

Rev 3  10 Because you have kept [g]My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole *world, to test those who dwell on the **earth. 

*When the bible talks about the world it is talking about the people.

**When the bible uses earth it is talking about the planet 

So what the scripture is saying

This trial will come upon all people who dwell on the earth 

That means those who are are taken in the rapture (aka kept from this trial) are NOT part of THE WHOLE WORLD (all the people) and they do not DWELL ON THE EARTH.

5 hours ago, WailingWall said:

My next question is why isnt the Last Trumpet the last trumpet according to the Rapturist?

1COR.15 [50] Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.[51] BEHOLD, I SHEW YOU A MYSTERY; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,[52] In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, AT THE LAST TRUMP: FOR THE TRUMPET SHALL SOUND, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

scripture says that the “so called rapture” occurs as the LAST TRUMPET is blown.

MATTHEW 24 [29]IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE TRIBULATION of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: [30] And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. [31] And he shall send his angels with A GREAT SOUND OF A TRUMPET, and THEY SHALL GATHER TOGETHER HIS ELECT from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Here we find a trumpet being blown after the tribulation period. You cannot have the LAST TRUMPET being blown before the tribulation or at mid tribulation if a trumpet is being blown AFTER the tribulation. Yes, the trumpet blown in Matt.24 is the last trumpet of 1Cor.15. In Matt.24 You find the LAST TRUMPET being blown and the gathering of Gods people {in the twinkling of an eye}

ISAIAH 27 [12] And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall beat off from the channel of the river unto the stream of Egypt, and ye shall be GATHERED ONE BY ONE, O ye children of Israel.[13] And it shall come to pass in that day, that THE GREAT TRUMPET SHALL BE BLOWN, and they shall come which were ready to perish in the land of Assyria, and the outcasts in the land of Egypt, AND SHALL WORSHIP THE LORD IN THE HOLY MOUNT AT JERUSALEM.

The GREAT trumpet {also found in Matt.24} shall be blown. His people gathered. Its off to Jerusalem. To the kingdom. Not headin for heaven

So why do you Rapturist claim the Last trumpet isnt really the last trumpet

Why do non-rapturists claim the 7th trumpet is the "last" trump? Both are silly questions. The last trump of Paul is understood to be the last OF A SERIES - not the last trumpet sound ever. Do you read anywhere that God is going to send angels to collect all trumpets, so none can ever be sounded again - and then erase the memory of trumpets so none will ever be made again?  I have never read anything like that.  The "last trump" is the last of a series - probably at the feast of Trumpets - but then 7 trumpets will sound after that. And the trumpet at the end of the week will be yet a later trump.

On 3/13/2021 at 8:36 AM, WailingWall said:

In Revelation?? The most symbolic book of the bible. Hmmm

There is much written in Revelation that is to be taken literally. For example, the 7 seals opened, then the 7 trumpets sounded, then the 7 vials poured out.

• 4 weeks later...

On 3/20/2021 at 4:42 PM, Da Puppers said:

Because the Rapture doesn't take place at the last trumpet,  but at the first trumpet.   You are conflating "the trumpet" of 1 Thes 4 with "the last trumpet" of 1Cor 15.  1 Thes 4 is the Rapture,  and 1 Cor 15 is the kingdom.   But they are not the same thing. 

In all my life ive never heard that one. If u guys want more people to believe in Darbys rapture, shouldnt yas get together and make up one story