• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, teddyv said:

The reason  these people got hosed was because of a very capitalistic, unregulated electricity market. This is Texas we are talking about. 

capitalistic   unregulated...............default_thumbsup.gif.46436497b2020417e4ca21667ad09e73.gif

What we fought for.
They weren't 'hosed', but gambled for normal weather, for a price break.
Texas, being a 'right to work' capitalistic state, with no state income tax, is the state so many are moving to, and leaving their own well 'hyper regulated' liberal states. You might wonder why that is? Because they're going bankrupt. Like some other ones, Texas is also a right to think state.....default_cool2.gif.711b53558ec75e47b73953402b1beb14.gif

"In the 1930s, Texas energy companies opted for a power grid that didn’t cross state lines to prevent "federal regulators" from interfering in electrical sales. 

• In the years since, Texas regulators have fought against federal oversight in major legal battles"

The U.S. has three power grids: one covers the eastern U.S., another the western states, and the Texas grid.

The high prices for power were those who chose "previous to storm",  a wholesale power supplier which is "normally"cheaper in "normal" weather. (fluctuates with supply/demand) A capitalist idea.......
But very much higher when demand greatly exceeds normal supply. A gamble that backfired. Their choice. The vast majority (like myself) had higher but 'fixed' rates.
And Texas is still a 'right to choose state'..........
(you're just jealous teddy :)

6 hours ago, teddyv said:

Yeah, I read about that person yesterday. He seemed remarkably cool about the whole thing.

I wonder why....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

Texas is getting so annoyed with Central gov interference they want to secede.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,125
  • Content Per Day:  9.67
  • Days Won:  149

I recently seen a documentary on larger companies relocating from California to Texas. Tesla moving one of his factories to Texas among other big players. Apparently real estate in CA. is running people out of the state. 

In Texas they do everything big. Including power outages. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.90

12 hours ago, Sower said:

capitalistic   unregulated...............default_thumbsup.gif.46436497b2020417e4ca21667ad09e73.gif

What we fought for.
They weren't 'hosed', but gambled for normal weather, for a price break.
Texas, being a 'right to work' capitalistic state, with no state income tax, is the state so many are moving to, and leaving their own well 'hyper regulated' liberal states. You might wonder why that is? Because they're going bankrupt. Like some other ones, Texas is also a right to think state.....default_cool2.gif.711b53558ec75e47b73953402b1beb14.gif

"In the 1930s, Texas energy companies opted for a power grid that didn’t cross state lines to prevent "federal regulators" from interfering in electrical sales. 

• In the years since, Texas regulators have fought against federal oversight in major legal battles"

The U.S. has three power grids: one covers the eastern U.S., another the western states, and the Texas grid.

The high prices for power were those who chose "previous to storm",  a wholesale power supplier which is "normally"cheaper in "normal" weather. (fluctuates with supply/demand) A capitalist idea.......
But very much higher when demand greatly exceeds normal supply. A gamble that backfired. Their choice. The vast majority (like myself) had higher but 'fixed' rates.
And Texas is still a 'right to choose state'..........
(you're just jealous teddy :)

I wonder why....

This seems to contradict your earlier post where you appeared to be blaming progressives or progressive policy. Maybe I misunderstood.

For the record, I am not jealous of Texas or Texans.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

1 hour ago, teddyv said:

For the record, I am not jealous of Texas or Texans.

I understand.