IGNORED

God places it on our hearts ,when we are to apologise.

Guest clancy

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

3 hours ago, clancy said:

You say you hate making apologies.....which is an act of peacemaking.

So, my question is....why do you hate doing that?

When you make peace with someone...you have wronged...you are back on track with God....if I don’t make peace, when God has pointed it out to me....then I lose my fellowship and peace with God.

As soon as I apologise/ make peace...my peace from God returns.......so ,it’s very important to apologise/ make peace, plus it’s the word of God.

We are to humble ourselves before the Lord...

Apologies aren't pleasant.

7 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

Are we then to apologize for every selfish act we've ever committed? I suggest there are a lot of them.

I believe I am sensitive to the Holy Spirit..John....therefore when I believe “ He places it on my heart to make peace/ apologise....then I must do so....otherwise I lose my peace.....and fellowship.....as soon as I act on, what I believe God has placed on my heart....my fellowship with Him is back on track......I can’t stand not having the peace of God....it upsets my spirit.

When the Lord places it on my heart.....John....only then do I apologise/ make peace.

Edited by clancy

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

1 minute ago, clancy said:

I believe I am sensitive to the Holy Spirit..John....therefore when I believe “ He places it on my heart to make peace/ apologise....then I must do so....otherwise I lose my peace.....and fellowship.....as soon as I act on, what I believe God has placed on my heart....my fellowship with Him is back on track......I can’t stand not having the peace of God....it upsets my spirit.

Maybe it is choice between a life of strife or  a life of humility. I prefer no strife and will apologise knowing it was not me at fault initially.

I hate stuff that seems to preach down to others or seems overly critical...

To err is human, to really screw up requires a computer.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have just messaged,Josheb, and asked if he can post our whole conversation..?

i have let him know that,Alive has given us permission to do so.

Josheb....I am also a sister not a brother.?

Edited by clancy

7 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Maybe it is choice between a life of strife or  a life of humility. I prefer no strife and will apologise knowing it was not me at fault initially.

I hate stuff that seems to preach down to others or seems overly critical...

To err is human, to really screw up requires a computer.

The Lord indwells our spirit ,therefore  sensitivity to the Holy Spirit..

Edited by clancy

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Pay attention to the distinction between an apology and a confession and then what is required scripturally from there. A change and the reconciliation required between brethren. This is pleasing to the Lord.

Reconciliation: an agreement that restores harmony. There is so much more within the  economy of the Body of Christ as these things are much more far reaching and resound into eternity.

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, clancy said:

When the Lord places it on my heart.....John....only then do I apologise/ make peace.

My point is that we might commit a lot of tiny selfish acts. It would be an unpleasant process having to apologize for each and every one of them.

I will also get my son to copy and paste our whole conversation...only fair...so may take a little while as he only stays once a week, but it will be posted.thanks.

1 minute ago, Josheb said:

I've been thinking about this response. 

Why wouldn't a sincere statement of confession, repentance and sincere hope or request for forgiveness suffice? 

And suffice for what?

How would the matter of adultery be addressed, the marriage restored, without such a confession, repentance, etc.? 

If you cheat on your wife, you will cause her an incalcuble amount of pain. She is not required to forgive you:  

“And I say to you: whoever divorces his wife, except for unchastity, and marries another, commits adultery." Matthew 19:9 RSV

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

21 minutes ago, Josheb said:

That is not wholly correct. Shame is an inherent condition of sinful humanity. Hiding is a symptom of shame. Consider this in light of Gen. 3:7ff and Jn. 3:19-22. Shame binds. I wasn't talking about what it may be the result of; I was talking about its effect: shame binds. Pride binds. Pride binds but it is not the only condition that binds. Shame binds. Wealth can also bind - a man's wealth is a strong tower he deems unscalable (Pr.18:11). Idols can bind, These are temporal conditions; I haven't even broached the spiritual conditions that bind. Remember legion (Mk. 4?). 

Your point was well taken.
Your point was added to. 

Pride - and a few other conditions - bind. 

Do we need to discuss this?If not then let's rejoin the matter of God placing an apology on a believers heart in liht of what actually happened, and in light of what I believe is a better and more scriptural alternative.

Notice that neither of your examples from scripture mention anyone apologizing.  Yes, shame does bind, but pride come before shame.  Proverbs 11:2 - "When pride comes, then comes shame; But with the humble is wisdom."

If we are to consider all the emotions that bind, the list would be very long, yet the foundation of many of them that bind is pride.

I am answering your replies to me, so if you chose not to continue this, then let my replies stand and comment on other posts.  The choice is yours.