Whyme

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.97
  • Days Won:  10

How does one fight spiritual warfare and is spiritual warfare the same as fighting the good fight of faith? 

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  5

“Wear the full armor of God. Wear God’s armor so that you can fight against the devil’s clever tricks. Our fight is not against people on earth. We are fighting against the rulers and authorities and the powers of this world’s darkness. We are fighting against the spiritual powers of evil in the heavenly places.

That is why you need to get God’s full armor. Then on the day of evil, you will be able to stand strong. And when you have finished the whole fight, you will still be standing. So stand strong with the belt of truth tied around your waist, and on your chest wear the protection of right living. On your feet wear the Good News of peace to help you stand strong. And also use the shield of faith with which you can stop all the burning arrows that come from the Evil One. Accept God’s salvation as your helmet. And take the sword of the Spirit—that sword is the teaching of God.

Pray in the Spirit at all times. Pray with all kinds of prayers, and ask for everything you need. To do this you must always be ready. Never give up. Always pray for all of God’s people.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭6:11-18‬ ‭

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 3

4 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

“Wear the full armor of God. Wear God’s armor so that you can fight against the devil’s clever tricks. Our fight is not against people on earth. We are fighting against the rulers and authorities and the powers of this world’s darkness. We are fighting against the spiritual powers of evil in the heavenly places.

That is why you need to get God’s full armor. Then on the day of evil, you will be able to stand strong. And when you have finished the whole fight, you will still be standing. So stand strong with the belt of truth tied around your waist, and on your chest wear the protection of right living. On your feet wear the Good News of peace to help you stand strong. And also use the shield of faith with which you can stop all the burning arrows that come from the Evil One. Accept God’s salvation as your helmet. And take the sword of the Spirit—that sword is the teaching of God.

Pray in the Spirit at all times. Pray with all kinds of prayers, and ask for everything you need. To do this you must always be ready. Never give up. Always pray for all of God’s people.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭6:11-18‬ ‭

15 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Whyme,

Good question. To `fight` is to stand against `the world, the flesh and the devil.` John explains it in `1 John 2: 15 - 17, to not love the world, for all that is in it - the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, the pride of life, all are passing away.

Then we are to stand for the truth, and that can mean we lose friends, family or even in some places people are martyred. 

This all involves our attitude. I was just reading about Marathoner`s testimony, telling us how he resisted fighting the man who attacked him. Then further he stood up for him when the man could have been cast out of the homeless shelter. Later they became friends. Marathoner waged a spiritual warfare not giving into feelings of paying that man back.

The world with the media, Politics, entertainment, commerce, etc is all designed to win us over by `seduction,` playing to our wants.

We need to become strong in our spirits - by the word, (truth) and speaking in tongues, (building up the spirit). Everyday there is a `battle` for our attention and emotions, to dull us, entertain us, side track us from praising the Lord, stop us being thankful, and to get us to react.

Expecting anything from this world, (which is passing) is foolish, and we need to focus on what is eternal, & `fight` to overcome so that we will become like Jesus, and see Him as He is, for eternity.  

regards, Marilyn.

Thank you both. I feel as if love is like armor or a weapon. Also humility. What do you think?

Edited by Whyme
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, Whyme said:

How does one fight spiritual warfare and is spiritual warfare the same as fighting the good fight of faith? 

Hi Whyme,

According to Ephesians 6 spiritual warfare is necessary to prevent the darkness of this world and spiritual wickedness in heavenly or high places from oppressing us.

Our struggle is against non-corporeal entities which manifest due to the energies of the principalities, powers, and rulers of the darkness and wickedness mentioned.

Our defensive strategy requires us to wear our spiritual armour and our offensive tactics are to use the Sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God, and to pray in the Spirit with all supplication for each other.

Fighting the good fight of faith does include spiritual warfare against non-corporeal entities but also involves everything we do as disciples of Christ, such as worshipping God in acts of service to others and witnessing the truth of the Gospel as we go about our lives.

image.png.dd64f50cf54abfa0f840f2814e19b29b.png

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

5 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Hi Whyme,

According to Ephesians 6 spiritual warfare is necessary to prevent the darkness of this world and spiritual wickedness in heavenly or high places from oppressing us.

Our struggle is against non-corporeal entities which manifest due to the plans of principalities, powers, and rulers of the darkness and wickedness mentioned.

Our defensive strategy requires us to wear our spiritual armour and our offensive tactics are to use the Sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God, and to pray in the Spirit with all supplication for each other.

Fighting the good fight of faith does include spiritual warfare against non-corporeal entities but also involves everything we do as disciples of Christ, such as worshipping God in acts of service to others and witnessing the truth of the Gospel as we go about our lives.

image.png.dd64f50cf54abfa0f840f2814e19b29b.png

The Gospel of peace sticks out.

• Brilliant! 1

How does one fight the darkness within oneself? By putting on the light of Christ I guess. The Lord is good.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

34 minutes ago, Whyme said:

How does one fight the darkness within oneself? By putting on the light of Christ I guess. The Lord is good.

Yes. Be forearmed against the devil's tricks. 

I was just in our hardware outlet today and my purchases were processed by an inexperienced checkout operator who missed two items off my invoice. After paying the amount I had a strong desire to make sure he had included everything and so he did a count and realised he had missed the two items, which I then also paid for. If I had ignored my desire for an honest reckoning I could have walked out with the two items unpaid for, and overridden my conscience.

I am pretty sure dark forces were at work to pervert the course of righteousness and so tempt me to take advantage of someone else's error, but I actually pray that my dealings with others will be honest and fair, so Hallelujah, the enemy didn't get a foothold.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

2nd Corinthians 10: 3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. 4 For the weapons of our warfare are not [a]carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, 6 and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.

By taking at which come against us, fear doubt worry, and chasing it away with the word of God

If the devil says you are a failure, tell him the bible (God) says you are his Child (Romans 8)

If the devil says your doomed, tell him that God will never leave you nor forsake you (Hebrews 10)(

If the devil tells you your financial situation is crashing, tell him that God knows what I need and He will and he will provide (matthew 6)

In short beat that old snake with the bible

• Praise God! 2

1 minute ago, Michael37 said:

Yes. Be forearmed against the devil's tricks. 

I was just in our hardware outlet today and my purchases were processed by an inexperienced checkout operator who missed two items off my invoice. After paying the amount I had a strong desire to make sure he had included everything and so he did a count and realised he had missed the two items, which I then also paid for. If I had ignored my desire for an honest reckoning I could have walked out with the two items unpaid for, over ridden my conscience.

I am pretty sure dark forces were at work to pervert the course of righteousness and so tempt me to take advantage of someone else's error, but I actually pray that my dealings with others will be honest and fair, so Hallelujah, the enemy didn't get a foothold.

I know what you mean

• Thumbs Up 1