• Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  321
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Josheb said:
11 hours ago, PeterR said:

"dichotomy"
Brother, what is this strange word that divides? 

A person who does not understand what is a false dichotomy has no business telling other how or what to believe; they have disqualified themselves because this is one of the most basic necessities in correctly understanding God's word.

Brother, let us not judge others by our own moral law. The Lord's disciple should get rid of it because we are not under the law of commands and prohibitions, but under the law of faith.
This is not another topic for discussion of works.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1

Allow me to share with you all my translation of a few excerpts from the "disciple diary" written by our brother who passed away to the Lord a few years ago. I am not giving you his name, for he himself has always insisted that our eyes should always be on Jesus.

I am the way, the truth, and the life - said the Lord Jesus Christ before concluding the New Covenant with Israel. This is how God, the Eternal, defined himself in the image of Jesus the Man. In the Father who takes the form of the Son; in the Word made flesh; in the Lord who is the King of Israel. People, wanting to reconcile with the Creator, must go through the "Narrow Gate" (break their hearts before God and accept Him in Jesus' Name), and then follow the Path of Faith until the Truth will free them from sin (they will enter the Lord's rest) and stand at the gate Kingdoms. As long as we live in this world, we continue to follow Christ; and the Scriptures, literally day after day, reveal to us "the image of the truth."

Psa 1:1-2  Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. 

People like to dig in dogmas. They even want to lock the Word in boxes. The world is filled with ecclesiasticalism, and the Congregation of the Elect (although it does not belong to the world) wants to resemble it. Like tares among the wheat, human laws and doctrines of all kinds flourish. Our church - say the clergymen, stands ... And here are the words that make splits in the Lord's body.
Meanwhile, as every road leads to a goal - so the goal of the Lord's Way is to free from sin and to bring forth much fruit of Love from the Spirit. So for this to happen, the disciple of Jesus Christ goes through infancy, childhood, and grows, to finally enter maturity. Or in other words (comparing the way of the Israelites according to the flesh with the way of the disciples of the Lord Jesus, that is, the Israelites according to the Spirit) - he goes out of the world, "wanders through the desert", where the old man struggles with the new inside; experiences the death of an old man; "passes through the Jordan" or receives "second sight" and receives righteousness from God; to finally "enter the promised land" and thus enter the rest of the Lord. 
Now let us assign the appropriate Scriptures to this Path:

Out of the world:
1Jn 3:3  And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

The road "through the desert":
Rom 6:11-14  Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. 
Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. 
Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. 
For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. 

"Second Transition (to the eyes)":
Mar 8:23-25  And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw ought. 
And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking. 
After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly.

Recognition as righteous by faith (trust):
Rom 4:3-5  For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. 
Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. 
But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. 

Encouragement to rest by grace:
Heb 4:11  Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.
2Pe 1:19  We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
1Jn 3:6  Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

As Israel, according to the flesh, was quickly brought to Canaan, and God urged through Jesus son of Nun and Caleb: Come into the land of rest! - but they were afraid and did not come in; so also the Lord's disciple is quickly led to rest in God - but hesitates, fears, disbelieves the sufficiency of the sacrifice. Therefore, both are sent to the desert. There they wander, die (in the case of a Christian, an old man dies), and children (new people) who were born during their wandering in the desert enter Canaan (rest in God).

What happens before? In the desert - as in the desert; the winds of various sciences are blowing, and sand is pouring down into the eyes. Although there is great joy in the heart - the carnal nature of the car, and a kind of disbelief spreads in the mind: It cannot be completely for free! We should "repay" God with good deeds: from the Law of Moses, from under the Tree of Knowledge, or even from moral laws that we create for ourselves. And here comes the problem. For if you fill old wineskins with new wine, or simply "plastic bottles" - both are destroyed. In fact, Christ set us free for freedom. Stand still and do not be under the yoke of slavery again. Here I am, Paul, telling you that if you get circumcised, Christ will not help you.

Gal 5:1-6  Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. 
Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing. 
For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law. 
Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. 
For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith. 
For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

The congregation of Galatians was oblivious to this, but today they teach this way in many churches. It is not about circumcision, but about other commands from Moses, such as the 10 commandments, or some moral laws. When there are absurdities in this matter, and the Cross is disregarded, one can come closer to sin, because sin is a crime of the law. In this case - Trust / Faith, operating in the midst of Love. And therefore, as a reminder, the Book of Deuteronomy (Fifth book of Moses) was written for Israel according to the flesh; and Christians are constantly reminded: You are in the Law of Faith!

There is only one commandment in the Law of Faith - Believe (also: Trust, Be convinced), and in your actions be guided by Love; not my own, but also from God.

However, it is possible to fail in Love and many call it falls. Such actions also have consequences - punishments, learning, and experience (for example, in the case of David), but they never destroy salvation.

Old Testament Jesus son of Nun, who with Caleb brought Israel to Canaan, for some reason and by whom he was called Joshua. Thus the great parable between Israel according to the flesh and Israel according to the Spirit disappeared. For just as Israel went according to the flesh from Egypt (the land of bondage) to Canaan (the land of rest); so Israel, according to the Spirit of the world, goes to rest in the Lord. The physical events of that time are equivalent to the spiritual events that each student experiences in the process of the new birth. That at last, like Jesus, the son of Nun to Canaan, Jesus, the son of God, would bring us to rest.

Sanctification (that is, separating from the evil, impure, idolatrous world and making clean) has always been a challenge for the Congregation of God's Chosen. Both in the Old Covenant and in the New Covenant. In the water and in the blood.

According to the flesh, Israel is bound by the Law of Moses, which forbids any association with paganism. The Jew tries to walk in the path of good deeds, and if he is unclean, he performs ritual washing. By committing a sin (a crime against the Law of Moses), he has the chance to cover the guilt with the innocent blood of an animal. And what does it do? Well, a lot, but not much. Judaism is undoubtedly the Way of Life traced by the finger of God. A Jew could live under the Law of Moses (be declared just / righteous) until he breaks it. But everyone breaks them. And attention! Listen to it, it's extremely important! Through the works of the Law of Moses, no one can be saved (declared righteous once and for all)! This is only possible in the Law of Faith!

Israelite according to the Spirit is separate from the world. He seemingly lives on earth, but does not belong to it anymore. Upon being called by God, he was entered into the Book of the Living, and then in the process of being born again he "climbs" to the heavenly circles. He becomes pure in flesh through the Word (Water), spiritually pure through the blood (Jesus), saved irretrievably and free to the end in the Law of Faith.

Well, what about the rest? The world is governed by moral law, which is created by various religions or states, based on tradition and the discernment of conscience. It has some connection with the commandments of the Law of Moses, but it does not reflect God's Love or justice. These are human rights - not God's. Let us not be wrong! Let us not be deceived! Let us also not be deluded. Human rights and the Laws of the Most High must not be equated with each other.

Edited by PeterR

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  299
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

On 3/5/2021 at 1:47 PM, PeterR said:

According to what you write, it follows that the end of our path is work, not freedom, so you describe one of the points in the middle.
2Co 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

I am trying to find the old notes of a brother who taught about the necessity to enter into rest. He compared the path of the disciple with the events described in the old covenant (desert road, Jordan crossing ...). I keep searching.

Can o posit that the rest you mention is rest from the works of carnality? There will be another rest in nearness to HIS presence upon final judgment i would think.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Days Won:  5

On 3/5/2021 at 10:52 AM, PeterR said:

How do you see all the way of a disciple following the Lord Jesus?

Please, if possible, answer in short, two-sentence points.

I can’t see if another is following Jesus all the way because I don’t know their heart like God does, and looks can be deceiving. I can only see if I am picking up the cross daily and trying to imitate Jesus the best I can.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  255
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

32 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

I can’t see if another is following Jesus all the way because I don’t know their heart like God does, and looks can be deceiving. I can only see if I am picking up the cross daily and trying to imitate Jesus the best I can.

I believe when we have the Spirit of God fully that we will know.

Edited by Brother Duke
Typo

12 hours ago, popsthebuilder said:

Can o posit that the rest you mention is rest from the works of carnality? There will be another rest in nearness to HIS presence upon final judgment i would think.

Does rest from fleshly labor mean having complete confidence in God and His promises? I think God can make it part of the way for someone to achieve it. I also think that the point is to achieve this trust / faith now and it will last forever.

12 hours ago, Hopefully said:

I think we should ask ourselves: Do I trust myself or God?

We enter into God’s rest by first understanding our total inability to enter God’s rest on our own. 

https://www.gotquestions.org/enter-Gods-rest.html

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Days Won:  5

6 minutes ago, PeterR said:
12 hours ago, Hopefully said:

I think we should ask ourselves: Do I trust myself or God?

I totally trust God. That’s the whole point of my response. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  299
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

58 minutes ago, PeterR said:

Does rest from fleshly labor mean having complete confidence in God and His promises? I think God can make it part of the way for someone to achieve it. I also think that the point is to achieve this trust / faith now and it will last forever.

If one wholly rested from those works then they would have done so by the power of, and submission to the Word of GOD. One would be likened to a sibling of the Christ of GOD. I too believe a big part of sanctification is a growth in faith... Where would faith play a part if one was already perfected? What would one hope on of already made whole in this life? Just talking. I appreciate your vantage.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Believing, submissive to the Spirit.