• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

While I believe God heals us, and keeps us from sickness, I do believe that  He is far more concerned with our Spiritual health that which our physical health.  80 year or so of life on the rock pales in comparison to eternity with Him. I think this passage has much more to do with spiritual health than physical health.  A case can even be made that the blindness He speaks of as he quotes Isaiah is spiritual blindness

So while God can and does heal, I do not believe this scripture is addressing physical healing

What it is addressing and is all about is deliverance

Deliverance from death into life

Deliverance from sin into righteousness

Deliverance from oppression into salvation

Deliverance from bondage  into liberty

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,189
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Duck said:

discussions on healing/deliverance?

Hi, if you would allow me a few words that might be of help.. (Lord willing)...

Until one has been brought to the place where they would rather die then sin, deliverance from sin will be an elusive thing.. 

For only one’s death frees one from oneself, and ourselves is the problem...

Henceforth scripture says to reckon oneself dead, but this reckoning will not be effectual until it is seen as the only hope, otherwise self will try to help out and get involved... Tainting the service with exactly that which needs to be done away with.. the self life...

Hope these words help.... 

There is hope, but it comes only by, and through being joined with Christ in His death by faith..

A fellow follower of His, Not me 

Edited by Not me
  • This is Worthy 1

Guest kingdombrat

The place I once panicked and felt all so alone

has now become my Sanctuary

The place where fear controlled me and my decisions were being made from the point of survival

has now become a setting of Serenity

The place where the unknown and unseen constantly overwhelmed me

has now become a victorious Battleground

I am "so much" [More]

Because I am His!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  403
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Riverwalker said:

What it is addressing and is all about is deliverance

Deliverance from death into life

Deliverance from sin into righteousness

Deliverance from oppression into salvation

Deliverance from bondage  into liberty

Amen

Edited by Duck

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  403
  • Content Per Day:  0.32

8 hours ago, Not me said:

Hi, if you would allow me a few words that might be of help.. (Lord willing)...

Until one has been brought to the place where they would rather die then sin, deliverance from sin will be an elusive thing.. 

For only one’s death frees one from oneself, and ourselves is the problem...

Henceforth scripture says to reckon oneself dead, but this reckoning will not be effectual until it is seen as the only hope, otherwise self will try to help out and get involved... Tainting the service with exactly that which needs to be done away with.. the self life...

Hope these words help.... 

There is hope, but it comes only by, and through being joined with Christ in His death by faith..

A fellow follower of His, Not me 

Thankyou :)

i understand that many people are on different journeys, but I read a book about José Comblin’s work some years ago. He went to Brazil, among street people, and saw deliverance on a large scale, which he could only attribute to the work of The H.S.

people were set free from life controlling addictions, not by self control, but supernaturally, delivered. They could only glorify The Lord, because they had tried to be free, in their own strength.

self control is a fruit, and obviously The Lord loves/expects obedience from believers, but what José saw, transcended self control.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,189
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

50 minutes ago, Duck said:

Thankyou :)

i understand that many people are on different journeys, but I read a book about José Comblin’s work some years ago. He went to Brazil, among street people, and saw deliverance on a large scale, which he could only attribute to the work of The H.S.

people were set free from life controlling addictions, not by self control, but supernaturally, delivered. They could only glorify The Lord, because they had tried to be free, in their own strength.

self control is a fruit, and obviously The Lord loves/expects obedience from believers, but what José saw, transcended self control.

It is true God does manifest deliverance in miraculous ways... And each believer is on their own course and God is leading each one with His eye on them...

But deliverance from sin (apart from a miracle), is done according to scripture in each life the same way... And that is, as put forth in scripture...

Which is, we have both died and been raised with Christ to a new life..

When the desire against sin is at the breaking point, when one would rather die then sin, freedom from sin is just the faith of the heart away....

Be blessed in your walk and in your relationship with our Lord...

A fellow servant of His, Not me 

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Content Count:  2,086
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

Ephesians 4
Easy-to-Read Version
The Unity of the Body
4 So, as a prisoner for the Lord, I beg you to live the way God’s people should live, because he chose you to be his. 2 Always be humble and gentle. Be patient and accept each other with love. 3 You are joined together with peace through the Spirit. Do all you can to continue as you are, letting peace hold you together. 4 There is one body and one Spirit, and God chose you to have one hope. 5 There is one Lord, one faith, and one baptism. 6 There is one God and Father of us all, who rules over everyone. He works through all of us and in all of us.

7 Christ gave each one of us a special gift. Everyone received what he wanted to give them. 8 That is why the Scriptures say,

“He went up high into the sky;
    he took prisoners with him,
    and he gave gifts to people.”

9 When it says, “He went up,” what does it mean? It means that he first came down low to earth. 10 So Christ came down, and he is the same one who went up. He went up above the highest heaven in order to fill everything with himself. 11 And that same Christ gave these gifts to people: He made some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to go and tell the Good News, and some to care for and teach God’s people.[a] 12 Christ gave these gifts to prepare God’s holy people for the work of serving, to make the body of Christ stronger. 13 This work must continue until we are all joined together in what we believe and in what we know about the Son of God. Our goal is to become like a full-grown man—to look just like Christ and have all his perfection.

14 Then we will no longer be like babies. We will not be people who are always changing like a ship that the waves carry one way and then another. We will not be influenced by every new teaching we hear from people who are trying to deceive us—those who make clever plans and use every kind of trick to fool others into following the wrong way. 15 No, we will speak the truth with love. We will grow to be like Christ in every way. He is the head, 16 and the whole body depends on him. All the parts of the body are joined and held together, with each part doing its own work. This causes the whole body to grow and to be stronger in love.

The Way You Should Live
17 I have something from the Lord to tell you. I warn you: Don’t continue living like those who don’t believe. Their thoughts are worth nothing. 18 They have no understanding, and they know nothing because they refuse to listen. So they cannot have the life that God gives. 19 They have lost their feeling of shame and use their lives to do what is morally wrong. More and more they want to do all kinds of evil. 20 But that way of life is nothing like what you learned when you came to know Christ. 21 I know that you heard about him, and in him you were taught the truth. Yes, the truth is in Jesus. 22 You were taught to leave your old self. This means that you must stop living the evil way you lived before. That old self gets worse and worse, because people are fooled by the evil they want to do. 23 You must be made new in your hearts and in your thinking. 24 Be that new person who was made to be like God, truly good and pleasing to him.

25 So you must stop telling lies. “You must always speak the truth to each other,” because we all belong to each other in the same body. 26 “When you are angry, don’t let that anger make you sin,”[c] and don’t stay angry all day. 27 Don’t give the devil a way to defeat you. 28 Whoever has been stealing must stop it and start working. They must use their hands for doing something good. Then they will have something to share with those who are poor.

29 When you talk, don’t say anything bad. But say the good things that people need—whatever will help them grow stronger. Then what you say will be a blessing to those who hear you. 30 And don’t make the Holy Spirit sad. God gave you his Spirit as proof that you belong to him and that he will keep you safe until the day he makes you free. 31 Never be bitter, angry, or mad. Never shout angrily or say things to hurt others. Never do anything evil. 32 Be kind and loving to each other. Forgive each other the same as God forgave you through Christ.

Matthew 27:52
The graves opened, and many of God’s people who had died were raised from death.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Content Count:  2,086
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

Isaiah 61
Easy-to-Read Version
The Lord’s Message of Freedom
61 The Spirit of the Lord God is on me. The Lord has chosen me to tell good news to the poor and to comfort those who are sad. He sent me to tell the captives and prisoners that they have been set free. 2 He sent me to announce that the time has come for the Lord to show his kindness, when our God will also punish evil people. He has sent me to comfort those who are sad, 3 those in Zion who mourn. I will take away the ashes on their head, and I will give them a crown. I will take away their sadness, and I will give them the oil of happiness. I will take away their sorrow, and I will give them celebration clothes. He sent me to name them ‘Good Trees’ and ‘The Lord’s Wonderful Plant.’

4 Then the old cities that were destroyed will be rebuilt. Those ancient ruins will be made new, as they were in the beginning.

5 Then your enemies will come to care for your sheep, and their children will work in your fields and in your gardens. 6 You will be called, ‘The Lord’s Priests,’ ‘The Servants of our God.’ You will be proud of all the riches that have come to you from all the nations on earth.

7 In the past, other people shamed you and said bad things to you. You were shamed much more than any other people. So in your land you will get two times more than other people. You will get the joy that continues forever. 8 That’s because I am the Lord and I love justice. I hate stealing and everything that is wrong. So I will give the people what they deserve. I will make an agreement with my people forever. 9 Their descendants will be known throughout the earth, and everyone will know their children. Whoever sees them will know that the Lord has blessed them.

God’s Servant Brings Salvation
10 The Lord makes me very happy.
    I am completely happy with my God.
He dressed me in the clothes of salvation.
    He put the victory coat on me.
I look like a man dressed for his wedding,
    like a bride covered with jewels.
11 The earth causes plants to grow,
    and a garden makes the seeds planted there rise up.
In the same way, the Lord God will make goodness and praise
    grow throughout the nations.