Whyme

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  10

We are commanded to love but are we loving or are we lusting? This is about sex but not only, its also about lust for money or material things. Do we love others with our money or do we lust with it? (God help me.)  And sex, do we value our lust more than Gods love? Do we fool ourselves into thinking our lust is actually love? Do we choose it more than God? If you feel convicted dont worry, all is not lost. Hope in Jesus and never give up. What are your thoughts? 

Guest clancy

Im In Love with God...so no lusting for me, I have never been in love before....this is the first time in my life I have ever been in Love...,

I have been faithful to God for 30 years...and will remain so.......until I die.....Life means Life.....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  226

An overwhelming desire or craving. It is pleasing oneself. It often leads to unwholesome actions with no regard to the consequences. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

Just now, clancy said:

Im In Love with God...so no lusting for me, I have never been in love before....this is the first time in my life I have ever been in Love...,

I have been faithful to God for 30 years...and will remain so.......until I die.....Life means Life.....

We are opposites. I have problems with lust. However the Lord is helping me see whats most important. For years i wasted my life in the pursuit of selfishness and wrong thinking. Now im getting older and i see that God has a special place for me in my heart and i want that more than anything i can lust for. Thanks for sharing your post. 

• Praying! 1

4 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

An overwhelming desire or craving. It is pleasing oneself. It often leads to unwholesome actions with no regard to the consequences. 

Sounds accurate. Thank you.

Psalm 119:37
New American Standard Bible
37 Turn my eyes away from looking at what is worthless,
And revive me in Your ways.

• Thumbs Up 2

Guest clancy
8 minutes ago, Whyme said:

We are opposites. I have problems with lust. However the Lord is helping me see whats most important. For years i wasted my life in the pursuit of selfishness and wrong thinking. Now im getting older and i see that God has a special place for me in my heart and i want that more than anything i can lust for. Thanks for sharing your post. 

Brother, I used to be very materialistic, got my self into debt....materialistic stuff was always on my mind....I broke down to God, asked him for his help to get me out of debt and free my mind of useless materialistic stuff.

He did both.....free from debt free from following the world with all of that materialistic stuff!!

Praise God......He will set you free from that hold....in Jesus Name, Amen!

4 minutes ago, clancy said:

Brother, I used to be very materialistic, got my self into debt....materialistic stuff was always on my mind....I broke down to God, asked him for his help to get me out of debt and free my mind of useless materialistic stuff.

He did both.....free from debt free from following the world with all of that materialistic stuff!!

Praise God......He will set you free from that hold....in Jesus Name, Amen!

Its not that im overly materialistic but that i dont spend my money on spiritual things like giving. Im poor but even the widow gave from what she had. I pray about this because its obviously a problem. Im selfish, God help me. I have another issue as well but dont feel the need to talk about it. Im standing in front of a mountain telling it to move i guess.

Edited by Whyme
  • Praying! 1

Guest clancy
6 minutes ago, Whyme said:

Its not that im overly materialistic but that i dont spend my money on spiritual things like giving. Im poor but even the widow gave from what she had. I pray about this because its obviously a problem. Im selfish, God help me. I have another issue as well but dont feel the need to talk about it. Im standing in front of a mountain telling it to move i guess.

Give it all over to God ,try and let it go onto his shoulders and not yours.

Please don’t be hard on yourself either...that’s from the enemy.....God Loves you and is in control....look to him He is your Father In Heaven, you are “ HIS”.....

1 minute ago, clancy said:

Give it all over to God ,try and let it go onto his shoulders and not yours.

Please don’t be hard on yourself either...that’s from the enemy.....God Loves you and is in control....look to him He is your Father In Heaven, you are “ HIS”.....

i agree. Being hard on myself doesnt help. I did that for years. Now im plowing in hope, one day at a time.