• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Days Won:  0

48 minutes ago, 1to3 said:

If Gods Word says In the beginning =commencement, every thing was Good.

It would be misleading for Gods Word to say in the beginning everything was GOOD, if it was not so.

Everything means ALL

ALL was Good.

Then on the seventh DAY God was well pleased and rested.

Something bad occurred sometime afterword of the seventh day of GODS creation PERIOD.

There had to be a beginning day -1- when God began Creation= making everything: heavens , earth and ALL that is CONTAINED herein.

Before God began CREATING :

was GOD=The Father Son, Holy Spirit, nothing else.

I also believe that everything was good or very good when God created all the physical world - the first 7 days of creation. This, my opinion, was created AFTER the angels were created in heaven.

The "split" or the "evil" that first entered God's Kingdom (now includes HIS Heaven and HIS new creation, the Universe / World / Earth / mankind, etc.), would take place.... Lucifer would be just too prideful and jealous to find that God had made this new creation "in HIS image" (meaning having HIS Spirit placed within this new creation). I believe this is when things changed for him (Lucifer) and he was not going to be able to have any of it....

I don't believe Lucifer would have had any reason to have been challenged by anyone (other angels). prior to this new creation. He was top dog, God made him so, and all the other angels understood the pecking order.... I imagine even they almost were in amazement of his glory (but obviously short of God). 

So, I attempted to find a reason why sin came to be (pride, jealousy, power, etc.), the only one who might be in a position to commit such an act, and third, where and when would there be the "opportunity", to act on those terrible feelings. I think he struck as soon as the opportunity presented itself......

Once this act was complete, Lucifer could no longer be in HIS presence, and the angels that followed him would also be removed from Heaven.... they still existed but not in Heaven.... and of course, they could only access mankind with the permission of God....the tree of good and evil would now do it's work and provide mankind with all the food they would need to know and do both good and evil.... but Satan was not going t0 be allowed to physically interact with mankind (I believe Job was written to reveal this and many other messages from God).

Just my thoughts, Charlie

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.61

18 minutes ago, Starise said:

I see your reasoning here. So man was good, Satan was good. His followers were good. Yahweh, Satan and men living in perfect harmony in the garden. Seems too good to be true. Yet something wasn't right. The actions that took place after this are really a unified collective agreement to sin against Yahweh.

It isn't as if one prideful individual. One lone entity named Satan rebelled in a solitary way. No this was bigger. Many of the heavenly host rebelled. Was Satan to blame for all of it? Or was the uprising a more collective decision? That the fallen angels continued to rebel afterward in sinning with human women and corrupting men shows no remorse. Satan was an instigator, yet if we read the text more closely God dealt with Satan personally and directly. God deals with each angel personally yet the punishment is collective.

This is important because I think our eyes are often drawn to one creature that fell because he tempted Eve to sin when there were many more involved in the whole thing who affect men to this very day.

Rebellion of a group often happens slowly as their thoughts are poisoned. Something started swinging out of control in heaven. Might have been a more gradual thing until the ultimate rebellion. Yahweh was not blinded to it. He waited until the final rebellion to have them all kicked out.

Try it on as just a story right now,  and see if it has a natural flow in the order of events.   

God created a host making His kingdom in heaven and there was no earth as of yet.  

God created the earth FOR Himself and them to live upon.  

Lucifer a created cherub, WAS MADE BY GOD AS THE WISEST, MOST BEAUTIFUL, of all He ever created, those being the morning stars and sons of God.  AND Lucifer became or was ordained as a king.  His kingdom is described as having 7  heads -'princes'- 'crowns' and wielded even more power.  

Then came a day when looking around at all 'he' had done (no longer able to see God being the creator of it all)  he wanted more.  He wanted to BE LIKE GOD.  Worshipped as God.  And so he started convincing those of the kingdom to worship him and not God.  

And God got upset.  And instead of saying 'DONE'  and all the host and Satan everything disappearing forever He destroyed the 'playground' and things went back as they were before.  

Then God said, I am going to put each soul into his own body on earth, made up of earth, and give each one a chance to do what ever they so choose.  

REMEMBER, in the beginning there was no earth  so as for the 'host in heaven' WE CAN BE SURE THEY WERE NOT FLESH, BUT SPIRITUAL,  not only when created

but also 
WHEN on the earth that first time before it was destroyed.  

And God brought back the light and here we are.  

Questions answered

Where did Satan come from?  

How did God love one and hate one?  

How did God know Jeremiah?

How are some 'pre justified' while others are not?

How can a 'baby' be judged?

Why are 'men' a little lower than the angels?  

What was the 'habitation' the fallen angels left?  Does being 'born of water' then have more than one meaning? 

How is it we RETURN to the ONE who gave it?  

WHAT IS THE WAR THAT IS RAGING ALL THROUGH the generations?  

DUST OF THE DIRT IS low down dirty beneath the feet of everyone.  It is a position far from sitting upon the throne of a king.    

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  1.24

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth (Genesis 1:1).

The phrase "heavens and the earth" refers to the entire universe. This would include all the separate parts. The creation of angels would seemingly be included in this statement.

God spoke to Job saying:

Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell Me, if you have understanding. . . when the morning stars sang together and all the sons of God shouted for joy? (Job 38: 4,7).

The term "sons of God" is one of the many designations for angels, as the Book of Job earlier states.

One day the "sons of God" came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came among them (Job 1:6).

Everything was created in six days. This, of course, would include the angels.

for by Him all things in heaven and on earth were created, things visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or powers - all things have been created through Him and for Him (Colossians 1:16).

The time of the creation of angels is something that the Bible does not specifically mention.  What we do know from scripture from the Holy Bible: Angelic existence was before the creation of humans but is within the creation period.

45 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

Lucifer a created cherub, WAS MADE BY GOD AS THE WISEST, MOST BEAUTIFUL,

UMMM,  the bible says lucifer was an anointed cherub. It never mentions to my knowledge thus far from Holy Scripture from the bible that lucifer  was made as the wisest or most beautiful.

The wisest- most wise- angelic being are those who did not get corrupted.

The bible mentions in Ezekial that yes he was made beautiful and with many qualities, was made with precious stones and pipes...

It does not make  Lucifer higher in rank than the Arc Angels Michael and Gabriel.

A Cherub is different from an Arc Angel.

They have different functions, however  an Arc Angel is higher in rank than a cherub, even and anointed Cherub.

(must to go back to work...will come back way later...)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.61

43 minutes ago, 1to3 said:

UM the bible says lucifer was an annointed cherub. It never mentions to my knowledge thus far from Holy Scripture from the bible that lucifer  was made as the wisest or most beautiful.

The bible mentions in Ezekial that yes he was made beautiful and with many qualities, was made with precious stones and pipes...

It does not make  Lucifer higher in rank than the Arc Angels Michael and Gabriel.

A Cherub is different from an Arc Angel.

They have different functions, however  an Arc Angel is higher in rank than a cherub, even and anointed Cherub.

(must to go back to work...will come back way later...)

I think there is more being said so I'll just highlight what I am referencing 

Ezekiel 28:1 The word of the LORD came again unto me, saying,

Ezekiel 28:2 Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyrus, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thine heart is lifted up, and thou hast said, I am a God, I sit in the seat of God, in the midst of the seas; yet thou art a man, and not God, though thou set thine heart as the heart of God:

Ezekiel 28:3 Behold, thou art wiser than Daniel; there is no secret that they can hide from thee:

Ezekiel 28:4 With thy wisdom and with thine understanding thou hast gotten thee riches, and hast gotten gold and silver into thy treasures:

Ezekiel 28:5 By thy great wisdom and by thy traffick hast thou increased thy riches, and thine heart is lifted up because of thy riches:

Ezekiel 28:6 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thou hast set thine heart as the heart of God;

Ezekiel 28:7 Behold, therefore I will bring strangers upon thee, the terrible of the nations: and they shall draw their swords against the beauty of thy wisdom, and they shall defile thy brightness.

Ezekiel 28:8 They shall bring thee down to the pit, and thou shalt die the deaths of them that are slain in the midst of the seas.

Ezekiel 28:9 Wilt thou yet say before him that slayeth thee, I am God? but thou shalt be a man, and no God, in the hand of him that slayeth thee.

Ezekiel 28:10 Thou shalt die the deaths of the uncircumcised by the hand of strangers: for I have spoken it, saith the Lord GOD.

Ezekiel 28:11 Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

Ezekiel 28:12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; THOU SEALEST UP THE SUM, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.

Ezekiel 28:13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

Ezekiel 28:14 Thou art THE ANOINTED CHERUB THAT COVERETH and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

Ezekiel 28:15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

Ezekiel 28:16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.

Ezekiel 28:17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

Ezekiel 28:18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.

Ezekiel 28:19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.

Isaiah 14:4 That thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, and say, How hath the oppressor ceased! the golden city ceased!

Isaiah 14:5 The LORD hath broken the staff of the wicked, and the sceptre of the rulers.

Isaiah 14:6 He who smote the people in wrath with a continual stroke, he that ruled the nations in anger, is persecuted, and none hindereth.

Isaiah 14:7 The whole earth is at rest, and is quiet: they break forth into singing.

Isaiah 14:8 Yea, the fir trees rejoice at thee, and the cedars of Lebanon, saying, Since thou art laid down, no feller is come up against us.

Isaiah 14:9 Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet thee at thy coming: it stirreth up the dead for thee, even all the chief ones of the earth; it hath raised up from their thrones all the kings of the nations.

Isaiah 14:10 All they shall speak and say unto thee, Art thou also become weak as we? art thou become like unto us?

Isaiah 14:11 Thy pomp is brought down to the grave, and the noise of thy viols: the worm is spread under thee, and the worms cover thee.

Isaiah 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

Isaiah 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

Isaiah 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Isaiah 14:15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

Isaiah 14:16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

Isaiah 14:17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?

Isaiah 14:18 All the kings of the nations, even all of them, lie in glory, every one in his own house.

Isaiah 14:19 But thou art cast out of thy grave like an abominable branch, and as the raiment of those that are slain, thrust through with a sword, that go down to the stones of the pit; as a carcase trodden under feet.

Isaiah 14:20 Thou shalt not be joined with them in burial, because thou hast destroyed thy land, and slain thy people: the seed of evildoers shall never be renowned.

Isaiah 14:21 Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.

Isaiah 14:22 For I will rise up against them, saith the LORD of hosts, and cut off from Babylon the name, and remnant, and son, and nephew, saith the LORD.

Isaiah 14:23 I will also make it a possession for the bittern, and pools of water: and I will sweep it with the besom of destruction, saith the LORD of hosts.

Isaiah 14:24 The LORD of hosts hath sworn, saying, Surely as I have thought, so shall it come to pass; and as I have purposed, so shall it stand:

Isaiah 14:25 That I will break the Assyrian in my land, and upon my mountains tread him under foot: then shall his yoke depart from off them, and his burden depart from off their shoulders.

Isaiah 14:26 This is the purpose that is purposed upon the whole earth: and this is the hand that is stretched out upon all the nations.

Isaiah 14:27 For the LORD of hosts hath purposed, and who shall disannul it? and his hand is stretched out, and who shall turn it back?

• Brilliant! 1

2 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

I think there is more being said so I'll just highlight what I am referencing 

Ezekiel 28:1 The word of the LORD came again unto me, saying,

Ezekiel 28:2 Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyrus, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thine heart is lifted up, and thou hast said, I am a God, I sit in the seat of God, in the midst of the seas; yet thou art a man, and not God, though thou set thine heart as the heart of God:

Ezekiel 28:3 Behold, thou art wiser than Daniel; there is no secret that they can hide from thee:

Ezekiel 28:4 With thy wisdom and with thine understanding thou hast gotten thee riches, and hast gotten gold and silver into thy treasures:

Ezekiel 28:5 By thy great wisdom and by thy traffick hast thou increased thy riches, and thine heart is lifted up because of thy riches:

Ezekiel 28:6 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thou hast set thine heart as the heart of God;

Ezekiel 28:7 Behold, therefore I will bring strangers upon thee, the terrible of the nations: and they shall draw their swords against the beauty of thy wisdom, and they shall defile thy brightness.

Ezekiel 28:8 They shall bring thee down to the pit, and thou shalt die the deaths of them that are slain in the midst of the seas.

Ezekiel 28:9 Wilt thou yet say before him that slayeth thee, I am God? but thou shalt be a man, and no God, in the hand of him that slayeth thee.

Ezekiel 28:10 Thou shalt die the deaths of the uncircumcised by the hand of strangers: for I have spoken it, saith the Lord GOD.

Ezekiel 28:11 Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

Ezekiel 28:12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; THOU SEALEST UP THE SUM, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.

Ezekiel 28:13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

Ezekiel 28:14 Thou art THE ANOINTED CHERUB THAT COVERETH and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

Ezekiel 28:15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

Ezekiel 28:16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.

Ezekiel 28:17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

Ezekiel 28:18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.

Ezekiel 28:19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.

Isaiah 14:4 That thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, and say, How hath the oppressor ceased! the golden city ceased!

Isaiah 14:5 The LORD hath broken the staff of the wicked, and the sceptre of the rulers.

Isaiah 14:6 He who smote the people in wrath with a continual stroke, he that ruled the nations in anger, is persecuted, and none hindereth.

Isaiah 14:7 The whole earth is at rest, and is quiet: they break forth into singing.

Isaiah 14:8 Yea, the fir trees rejoice at thee, and the cedars of Lebanon, saying, Since thou art laid down, no feller is come up against us.

Isaiah 14:9 Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet thee at thy coming: it stirreth up the dead for thee, even all the chief ones of the earth; it hath raised up from their thrones all the kings of the nations.

Isaiah 14:10 All they shall speak and say unto thee, Art thou also become weak as we? art thou become like unto us?

Isaiah 14:11 Thy pomp is brought down to the grave, and the noise of thy viols: the worm is spread under thee, and the worms cover thee.

Isaiah 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

Isaiah 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

Isaiah 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Isaiah 14:15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

Isaiah 14:16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

Isaiah 14:17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?

Isaiah 14:18 All the kings of the nations, even all of them, lie in glory, every one in his own house.

Isaiah 14:19 But thou art cast out of thy grave like an abominable branch, and as the raiment of those that are slain, thrust through with a sword, that go down to the stones of the pit; as a carcase trodden under feet.

Isaiah 14:20 Thou shalt not be joined with them in burial, because thou hast destroyed thy land, and slain thy people: the seed of evildoers shall never be renowned.

Isaiah 14:21 Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.

Isaiah 14:22 For I will rise up against them, saith the LORD of hosts, and cut off from Babylon the name, and remnant, and son, and nephew, saith the LORD.

Isaiah 14:23 I will also make it a possession for the bittern, and pools of water: and I will sweep it with the besom of destruction, saith the LORD of hosts.

Isaiah 14:24 The LORD of hosts hath sworn, saying, Surely as I have thought, so shall it come to pass; and as I have purposed, so shall it stand:

Isaiah 14:25 That I will break the Assyrian in my land, and upon my mountains tread him under foot: then shall his yoke depart from off them, and his burden depart from off their shoulders.

Isaiah 14:26 This is the purpose that is purposed upon the whole earth: and this is the hand that is stretched out upon all the nations.

Isaiah 14:27 For the LORD of hosts hath purposed, and who shall disannul it? and his hand is stretched out, and who shall turn it back?

Thank you DeighAnn ; Yes I aggregate with the scripture from the Holy Bible.

Those passages do explain well that Lucifer was made perfect and good and beautiful and wise, as THE ANOINTED CHERUB THAT COVERETH

and as stated, lucifers wisdom got corrupted by his pride, his tradings.

It also says that when lucifer was good he got to go everywhere even in Eden, as mentioned he was the annointed cherub  that covereth whose duties , job was of covering, protecting, watching over?

*** So he , lucifer got to got about Eden before his fall, before he got corrupted

But like it is mentioned in the verses from scripture, he lost all that beauty and perfect wisdom as he got corrupted.

***So after he got corrupted, he still had access to earth 1 heaven and 2nd heaven but not 3rd heaven where God resides,

2 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

God says of Lucifer as anointed cherub thou Sealed up the sum =though come to the limit of being full of wisdom and perfect in beauty: lucifers wisdom and perfect beauty

Lucifers wisdom got corrupted.  Wisdom that becomes corrupted  is foolishness to God.

1 Corinthians 3:19

Worldly Wisdom
18Let no one deceive himself. If any of you thinks he is wise in this age, he should become a fool, so that he may become wise. 19For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God’s sight. As it is written: He catches the wise in their craftiness. 20And again, “The Lord knows that the thoughts of the wise are futile.”…

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  10,277
  • Content Per Day:  7.10
  • Days Won:  99

A fascinating topic and excellent question. I have considered the following.

The creation account in Genesis is a vision of the Lord's creation from the beginning until the end, expressed in days. What is time to the Lord God? Would the Lord pronounce something which is not good, as good? It seems to me that the first chapter of Genesis is the expression of this vision given by the Almighty, the most astonishing vision recorded in the scriptures. 

God created man and woman on the advent of the fifth day, Genesis 1:26-31. When the Lord rested on the seventh day --- seven being a number we find repeated throughout prophetic scripture --- He said it was good. Everything was finished on the seventh day

The seventh day can then be understood to be the end, when the tabernacle of God is with men (Revelation 21:3). This is where I've been going as of late. Thoughts?

I suppose if I were pressed to name a time when Satan fell like lightning from heaven, I would point to the sixth day if the first chapter of Genesis is indeed a vision. 

34 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

A fascinating topic and excellent question. I have considered the following.

The creation account in Genesis is a vision of the Lord's creation from the beginning until the end, expressed in days. What is time to the Lord God? Would the Lord pronounce something which is not good, as good? It seems to me that the first chapter of Genesis is the expression of this vision given by the Almighty, the most astonishing vision recorded in the scriptures. 

God created man and woman on the advent of the fifth day, Genesis 1:26-31. When the Lord rested on the seventh day --- seven being a number we find repeated throughout prophetic scripture --- He said it was good. Everything was finished on the seventh day

The seventh day can then be understood to be the end, when the tabernacle of God is with men (Revelation 21:3). This is where I've been going as of late. Thoughts?

Part of what lead me to this understanding has to do with the Lord's rest. I refer to Isaiah 66,

Thus says the Lord:
“Heaven is my throne,
    and the earth is my footstool;
what is the house that you would build for me,
    and what is the place of my rest?
All these things my hand has made,
    and so all these things came to be,
declares the Lord.
But this is the one to whom I will look:
    he who is humble and contrite in spirit
    and trembles at my word.

(Isaiah 66:1-2 ESV)

What is the place of God's rest? The seventh day, that day when everything is finished, and the Lord rests in that temple made without hands. Us. The tabernacle of God is with men.

Indeed, why would God rest and then not have a place to rest? 

Edited by Marathoner

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,005
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

47 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

Indeed, why would God rest and then not have a place to rest?

Or not provide the means for us to enter into His rest . . .

The Sabbath Rest

[Berean Study Bible: Hebrews 4:1-11]
(Genesis 2:1–3; Exodus 16:22–30)

1Therefore, while the promise of entering His rest still stands, let us be careful that none of you be deemed to have fallen short of it. 2For we also received the good news just as they did; but the message they heard was of no value to them, since they did not share the faith of those who comprehended it.a

3Now we who have believed enter that rest. As for the others, it is just as God has said:

“So I swore on oath in My anger,

‘They shall never enter My rest.’b

And yet His works have been finished since the foundation of the world. 4For somewhere He has spoken about the seventh day in this manner: “And on the seventh day God rested from all His works.”c 5And again, as He says in the passage above: “They shall never enter My rest.”

6Since, then, it remains for some to enter His rest, and since those who formerly heard the good news did not enter because of their disobedience, 7God again designated a certain day as “Today,” when a long time later He spoke through David as was just stated: “Today, if you hear His voice, do not harden your hearts.”d

8For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken later about another day. 9There remains, then, a Sabbath rest for the people of God. 10For whoever enters God’s rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from His. 11Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will fall by following the same pattern of disobedience.

• Thumbs Up 1