IGNORED

What is speaking in tongues and prophesying?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  438
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/20/1970

Maybe someone else can explain this better than me, but i have always thought that praying in the Spirit was simply being inspired by the Spirit as you are praying. Such as when something is revealed to you about things in your life or certain people you need to intercede for, things that you maybe have never even thought of before. And Romans-8:26 says that when we dont know what to pray for "the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered"(not even in tongues). 

And tongues seems to me more like a means to help us become more focused in order to get in the proper mindset to connect with the Holy Spirit. And maybe it does help a lot of times, but that doesn't mean you can't still pray in the Spirit without doing it. Or else it would have been translated as "tongues" in 1st Corinthians-14:14-15, and that would have been the end of it and there wouldn't be any controversy over exactly what it means. And another problem with tongues comes whenever you are doing it through your own intellect instead of through the Spirit, so in that sense it seems more like something that God will not give you simply because you ask for it, but something that you have to be ready to receive. Either way it is not as essential for salvation or to receive the Holy Spirit, but only a gift that you would receive afterwards, which many would call the baptism of the Spirit. But that is something that i have never received and don't really ask God for it anymore, but do try to keep an open mind about it.  

Edited by CaptWalker

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, CaptWalker said:

Either way it is not as essential for salvation or to receive the Holy Spirit, but only a gift that you would receive afterwards, which many would call the baptism of the Spirit.

Acts 2:38  And Peter said unto them, Repent and be baptized each of you in the name of Jesus Christ unto remission of your sins; and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 
2:39  For to you is the promise, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, as many as the Lord our God shall call unto him. 

Acts 10:33  Forthwith therefore I [Cornelius] sent unto thee; and THOU hast done well to come. Now therefore WE are all here present before God, to hear all things commanded thee of the Lord.

Acts 10:44  While Peter yet spoke these words, the Holy Spirit fell on all that heard the word. 
45  And they of the circumcision that believed were amazed, who came with Peter, because that on the nations also was poured out the gift of the Holy Spirit. 
46  For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter, 
47  Can anyone forbid the water, that these should not be baptized, who have received the Holy Spirit as well as we? 
48  And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then asked they him to tarry certain days. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok...??

Edited by CaptWalker

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,937
  • Content Per Day:  3.07

On 6/3/2021 at 10:44 PM, CaptWalker said:

Maybe someone else can explain this better than me, but i have always thought that praying in the Spirit was simply being inspired by the Spirit as you are praying. Such as when something is revealed to you about things in your life or certain people you need to intercede for, things that you maybe have never even thought of before. And Romans-8:26 says that when we dont know what to pray for "the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered"(not even in tongues). 

And tongues seems to me more like a means to help us become more focused in order to get in the proper mindset to connect with the Holy Spirit. And maybe it does help a lot of times, but that doesn't mean you can't still pray in the Spirit without doing it. Or else it would have been translated as "tongues" in 1st Corinthians-14:14-15, and that would have been the end of it and there wouldn't be any controversy over exactly what it means. And another problem with tongues comes whenever you are doing it through your own intellect instead of through the Spirit, so in that sense it seems more like something that God will not give you simply because you ask for it, but something that you have to be ready to receive. Either way it is not as essential for salvation or to receive the Holy Spirit, but only a gift that you would receive afterwards, which many would call the baptism of the Spirit. But that is something that i have never received and don't really ask God for it anymore, but do try to keep an open mind about it.  

Open ur heart.

Guest kingdombrat
On 6/3/2021 at 9:44 AM, CaptWalker said:

Paul bragged about Speaking in Tongues more than anyone else and even wished others would Speak in Tongues like he did.

^

We know this from Scripture.

My personal thoughts towards what I believe from Paul's statement here:

1) Paul Spoke in Tongues almost every time he prayed which majority was when he was alone and not always in a congregational setting

2) I believe Paul made Speaking in Tongues a prayer habit.   I don't know that every Prayer Paul Prayed was 100% in the Spirit, but I do believe if it was or not he still Spoke in Tongues.

3) I believe any time Paul wanted to, whether he was reading/writing/traveling/making tents/headed to a synagogue to teach/just praying in his mind he would eventually Speak in Tongues in order to claim and BRAG he does it more than anyone else.

From what I believe can be understood by what Paul writes about Speaking in Tongues, we have that [SAME ABILITY] to do it the same way.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

"actually spoken in tongues AND prophesied according to Acts 19:6 and 1st Corinthians 14:1-5, and what it meant to you and how important it is for the average Christian to have this experience and what is called the "baptism of the Holy Spirit"

speaking in tongues=preaching the gospel in different languages like spanish, chinese and more.

Also Prophecy is Holy Spirit being in control of you, flipping through the bible finding a bunch of prophecy verses and giving you understanding.  

The bottom link talks about the rapture and what is rapture.

http://testallthings.com/2010/05/31/when-is-the-rapture/

The Word of God says that Jesus comes immediately AFTER the tribulation.
Matthew 24:29-31, Mark 13:24-27, John 17:15

We don't know the exact day, time and hour of the Real Jesus Christ 2nd Coming, but we do know the signs.

https://www.gotquestions.org/posttribulationism.html

Before the Real Jesus Christ comes back: Great earthquake that shakes Earth and Heaven, sun shall be turned into darkness, moon into blood, stars shall withdraw their shining, heaven rolled like a scroll, every mountain and island moved out of their places, great hail out of heaven pelting on some of Satan's children on earth.

Isaiah 13:9-13, Ezekiel 38:19-23, Joel 2:10-11, Joel 2:30-32, Haggai 2:6, 21, Matthew 24:29-34, Matthew 24:35, Mark 13:24-29, Mark 13:31, Acts 2:19-20, Luke 21:25-33 and Hebrews 12:26-28, Revelation 6:12-17, Compare Daniel 7:13-14, 27, Ezekiel 13:13, Revelation 11:15-19, Revelation 16:17-21

http://repent5610.blogspot.com/2012/12/there-is-no-secret-rapture.html

If you are interested in freedom from sin and how do we receive the Holy Spirit? read below.
After God gave me the Holy Spirit, I found proof that TV, movies, novels, music, video games and computer games are all sins, except Christian stuff that don’t have sins like sermons and Christian music words that gives messages. I found out that in them there is lying, stealing, adultery (Matthew 5:28 looking at someone with lust is adultery), fornication which is sex before marriage, revenge, murder, jealousy, pride=self-pity, hypocrisy, using God’s name in vain as a curse word, they are all idols (breaks 2nd Commandment) because most people can’t live without them and they love them more than God and more. Just read the 10 commandments for a list.

1 John 2:15 King James Version (KJV)

15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 New King James Version

9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

Now I will be preaching about how to receive the Holy Spirit and be 100% going to Heaven.

First, it’s only by the grace of God that he gives you faith in Jesus Christ in order to give up your sins. It’s only by the grace of God that he leads you to pray to him to destroy all your evil desires of watching TV or any sinful desires. When you pray to God to destroy all your evil desires of watching TV or sinful desires (Romans 6:6-7 and Galatians 5:24), Satan will intervene and extremely tempt you in watching the TV. But if it’s God’s will and if you are one of God’s elects, you will overcome it and God will destroy all your evil desires of watching TV. After God has destroyed all your evil desires of watching TV and if you are one of God’s elects, you receive the joy of the Holy Spirit for about 40 minutes. After the joy wears off, all existence of boredom no longer exists and you no longer burn out (psychology) anymore. That is when you have received the Holy Spirit.

Then it’s by the grace of God that he forgives you of your sins, as you confess and repent of your sins throughout your life which is called sanctification. But you can watch Christian stuff that don’t have sins (Like sermons) because that helps you grow more mature as a Christian spiritually and for more information about this sermon, go to spreadthegospel59.wordpress.com then go to
The short version of “To be free from sin (sin deceives and hurts everyone) and how do we receive the Holy Spirit?”

Why does God hate sin? | GotQuestions.org
What does it mean that “you were bought with a price” (1 Corinthians 6:20; 7:23)? | GotQuestions.org
Sin Will Never Make You Happy
(What does the Bible say about hypocrisy? | GotQuestions.org)
Gives thanks to God, that you are free from sin (sin deceives=never satisfied no matter how many times you do it,
gives pain, makes you guilty, go from bad to worse)
if you are one of God’s elect, to fight off self-pity is to give thanks to God for everything. What does the Bible say about self-pity? | GotQuestions.org
Is eternal security a “license” to sin? | GotQuestions.org

The reason why am hated for no reason since I were physically born and never fit in is because am one of God’s elects. (John 15:18-19)

Just so you know Jesus had to carry all of God’s elects sins and endure the punishment for God’s elects sins which is Hellfire spiritually, which is extreme love and mercy.
Go to the bottom website, for better explanation.
https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/jesus-eternal-punishment-hours/

Edited by TrueGospel

• 2 weeks later...

(Post deleted)

Edited by CaptWalker

(Post deleted)

Edited by CaptWalker
Irrelevant comments...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

so after 19 pages of twaddle 

are you @CaptWalker are you praying in tongues daily building up your most holy faith? 

Exercising the power and work of the holy Spirit within you?

No but i'm trying my best to let the Spirit speak through me since that is where it originates, not from our own intellect.