IGNORED

What is speaking in tongues and prophesying?

Guest kingdombrat
25 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

The greatest miracle of all was the Lord rising from the dead, appearing to many, and then ascending to sit at the right hand of our Father. 

The Christian faith springs from miracles. God sent His only begotten Son to be born to a woman under the Law so that He would redeem us from the penalty of the Law; there is no other by whom we are saved than Jesus Christ; His resurrection from the dead is the promise and hope of our salvation. 

God dwells with us, yet another miracle. Christ sent the Holy Spirit into the world to convict the ungodly of their unbelief and as a Comforter to those who believe in the One whom our Father sent. We baptize with water, but the Son of God baptizes with fire and Spirit. 

Miracles abound. So much for "gotquestions." That site has its uses but theology isn't their forte. 

Please, by no means, don't think I am trying to compare our human existence to when Christ was on Earth.   But from how He is conceived, to escaping Herod's death to male children age 2 and under, to the many examples of Miracles protecting His life.  If we looked back upon our own lives, we will see a trail of Miracles that resembles the death escapes, the moments of uncertainty, things that just baffle us on the how did we make it through all that.

What I am saying, if you can't look back from the time you're a child till now and find no [Miracles], chances are then, you were never born to live life.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,191
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

5 hours ago, Waggles said:

Why would they be emptied out? With people like you to preach unbelief and to deny the work of the Holy Spirit today. 

this is against TOS

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  241
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, Marathoner said:

The perfect has yet to come, so there's no scriptural basis for the cessation of the gifts of the Spirit. God does as He pleases; He answers to no man or woman and moves as He wills. It's important to remember that the gifts of the Lord are His to give as He pleases, thus they are not our own to do as we see fit. 

After the Spirit of the Lord came and reversed the illness which nearly took my life, He remained with me. During the years of my recovery His Spirit taught me how to speak and reason again. It was during this time that the Lord taught me to listen to His voice. I marvel at the manifest wisdom of God for there was no better time for me to learn than while my mind was a chaotic mess. I experienced great difficulty focusing but the voice of His Spirit was always the same: calm and peaceful like still waters. 

When my healing was complete according to His promise, Christ lifted me up and baptized me with His Spirit. It was like a great wind of fire washing over me, and in that moment I was changed.

At no time did I ask the Lord for gifts, CaptWalker. I heard the words of the Lord and He spoke of things which would come to pass; in this way I learned first-hand that the Son of God is faithful and true for I witnessed the fulfillment of His words with these eyes. 

Christ promised that I would never walk in darkness again. It pleases Him to reveal His will as He sees fit:  when the Lord sent me to this city, He spoke of everything that would come to pass before I set foot on the property where I work. The Lord said I would find favor in their midst, and that He would give me a place to rest my head for a while. 

Every word from the mouth of God is fulfilled. Every one. :)    

What a marvelous testimony.  What a wonderful Lord!  

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

7 hours ago, Waggles said:

Why would they be emptied out? With people like you to preach unbelief and to deny the work of the Holy Spirit today. 

Personal attack and not tolerated here at Worthy.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.55
  • Days Won:  12

21 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Better than seeking after a new miracle is taking God at His Word. Simple faith is more pleasing to the Lord than a reliance on a dazzling sensory experience. “Jesus told him, ‘Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed’” (John 20:29).

https://www.gotquestions.org/signs-and-wonders.html

This is a false dichotomy. 

Taking God at His Word is to expect the miraculous to happen, not all the time, but also not once in a blue moon.  Simple faith believes that there are supposed to be signs following the preaching of the gospel, and that the gifts of the Holy Spirit continue.

Cessationism is simply unbelief of what the Bible says about the gifts of the Holy Spirit.  It the opposite from simple faith.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.55
  • Days Won:  12

9 hours ago, enoob57 said:

One thing for sure what was happening then is not what is happing now... cause even the enemies could not deny the power that was shown

Matt 12:22-24

22 Then was brought unto him one possessed with a devil, blind, and dumb: and he healed him, insomuch that the blind and dumb both spake and saw.

23 And all the people were amazed, and said, Is not this the son of David?

24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.
KJV
If they could have denied the miracle they would have but they could not for it was evident to the senses -not today however... or the children hospitals would be emptied out!

What happened then, happens sometimes now.  It should happen much more often, but unbelief is a blockage.

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,141
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

There's no occasion for pride in our walk with the Lord. This is something I've covered at length before, that God does as He pleases and so His will and purpose in us shall be served, both as individual disciples of the Lamb and corporately as the temple of His Spirit raised without human hands.

What is the greatest gift our Lord Jesus Christ gave to me? His love and Life, given to one so undeserving, that I might walk with Him for the rest of my days. When my appointed time comes He promised that I will dwell in His house forever. This gift is something all who belong to Christ share in common: we will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. 

We know that He dwells with us for His love abides in us. As for pride, His Holy Spirit is faithful to bring us low so we might grasp that there's no place for the pride of man in the children of God's promise. I've been disciplined, corrected, admonished, and rebuked by the same Spirit of God who deals with us as sons and daughters. But this yields life and not shame, endurance and not defeat, love and not wrath.  

It pleases God that some hear the words of His mouth while others experience the knowing which His Spirit imparts. Again, I say God does as He pleases. I'm not here to judge the brethren, only to encourage my brothers and sisters to focus their eyes, hearts, and minds upon the Son of the living God however He chooses to move you. 

I don't pray for gifts... I pray for His judgment here and now. I pray for His mercy upon others, that our Father might bless those who suffer in this darkness in the manner which He blesses me. God gave the greatest of gifts to one who amounted to nothing in this world --- me --- and it's my joy and honor to encourage and serve others as it pleases Him. :)  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.95
  • Days Won:  20

20 hours ago, David1701 said:

Replies like "suit yourself" are entirely unproductive and unhelpful.

Sometimes a person uses words that irritate other ears.  I would tend to think her meaning was "I'm not going to fight with you about this." 

We each have a separate, different walk with the Lord and He uses us in many different ways to reach those in our mission field.  I cannot say, even after a lifetime of knowing God and reading scripture, that I know everything. I may be biblically illiterate to many but I am loved by the Most High God and have been called into His kingdom.  Many times the devil tells me I am unproductive and unhelpful but the Holy Spirit wraps His arms around me year after year and tells me "It's okay.  I've got you now!"

• Praise God! 1

9 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

A faith based on miracles is not a mature faith.

Only a faith based on the saving miracle of the resurrection of Jesus Christ is going to make it.  Everything else is dust in the wind.  No follower of Christ would base their foundation of faith on anything but the Messiah, Jesus. 

7 hours ago, kingdombrat said:

Since we have the Scripture that tells us when [BOTH] knowledge and Tongues will cease, and we see KNOWLEDGE via internet is evident today like Daniel and Paul claimed, can you tell me when [BOTH] Knowledge and Tongues have "Ceased?"

Have you stopped [Learning]?

If you have not, then KNOWLEDGE is still active, which means, so is [Tongues]!

Thank you for bringing this up! Biblical archeology is continually providing proof for biblical scriptures.  Scientific study is continually proving that sometimes scientific proof need to be updated, changed, reversed, or deleted.  Cosmology is ever changing as telescopic images go farther out into the universe.  Knowledge is increasing at an unimaginable rate which could possibly be another sign of the times.  When searching scripture for the word knowledge I found that the words knowledge, understanding, wisdom, truth many times go hand in hand.  On the other hand, lack of knowledge brought the words folly, fools, stupidity, scoffers, etc.

The context of this scripture is about food sacrificed to idols but it stands on it's own regarding knowledge.

1 CORINTHIANS 8:1-2 (KJV)
Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth. And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.

My 24 yr old granddaughters just minutes ago sent me this verse. You just gotta love the timing of it and this thread. 

The disciples saw Jesus do many other miraculous signs in addition to the ones recorded in this book. But these are written so that you may continue to believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing in him you will have life by the power of his name.

John 20:30-31

There's still time to learn more.  There is still time to do more.  There is still time to save more souls!

• Thumbs Up 1