• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Recently, I finished a study outline and have been teaching from it over the past 7 weeks during our Church’s Discipleship Training Hour held weekly.  It is an in-depth study of the Armor of God starting with the Belt of Truth and ending with Praying in the Spirit.  I uploaded the pdf so you can print it out, if you prefer.  Feel free to share your own thoughts on any portion of the study.  My Pastor asked for the topic to be taught considering the spiritual warfare that is going on around us today and in recent years.  There is a spiritual battle taking place and believers are under attack!  Why?  Satan hates Jesus and the best way to hurt Jesus is to go after His sheep!  We all need to be suited up in God’s Armor!  

Please feel free to comment on a specific part of the study or make a general comment.  Your criticisms are always welcome.  I realize it’s a long study but breaking it up in multiple posts seemed to be too drawn out.  I’ll check back every so often and try to respond to your comments and questions.  In the meantime, I hope it helps you focus on preparing what is most definitely coming our way.  The question is... are you ready for battle?  I inserted a testimony from a friend of mine, a pastor in Uganda.  When you read it, ask yourself... is your faith strong enough to endure persecution to physical death and/or torture?

Be blessed!

“Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist on the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. Stand firm therefore, having belted your waist with truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having strapped on your feet the preparation of the gospel of peace; in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. And take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. With every prayer and request, pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be alert with all perseverance and every  request for all the saints, and pray in my behalf, that speech may be given to me in the opening of my mouth, to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in proclaiming it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.” — Ephesians 6:10-20 NASB

The Armor of God.pdf

• Loved it! 1

• WayneB featured this topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

Something that I have never heard anyone teach on is that this passage refers to soldiers in the line of battle.

How often would any professional army like the Roman legions put raw recruits into the line of battle.

The passage is referring to " trained " soldiers.

How does the local church train it's Christians?

People often point at David fighting Goliath as an example, but David was an expert in the use of a sling, how many Christians are expert in handling the Bible, and he had not only learnt how to fight but had fought a bear and a lion.

What is the equivalent for Christians today volunteering to serve God?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  5

I really love this verse and it even what I based my profile picture here on. We are in spiritual warfare and this is indeed our amor that we need to put on daily. 

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Hi Wayne - not sure if it is just me, but your PDF is unavailable.  Is it this way for everyone?

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.97
  • Days Won:  10

We need to put these things on like armor. So can it be said we need to put on truth, righteousness, readiness for gospel of peace, faith, salvation, word of God, and prayer. Just my thoughts.

14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

12 hours ago, OneLight said:

Hi Wayne - not sure if it is just me, but your PDF is unavailable.  Is it this way for everyone?

Hi OneLight!  I remember you from many years ago when I used to moderate the boards.  It’s nice to recognize a familiar person!  I haven’t been around for many years but plan on checking in more often now that I’m retired.  

The pdf was uploaded and attached to the original post.  It was downloaded by a couple of folks.  I uploaded a copy into this post.  

The Armor of God.pdf

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

5 hours ago, WayneB said:

but I don’t think the passage is just about “trained” soldiers but rather about relying on God for our protection by keeping His Armor firmly in place.  

Read the passage again.

It is not about ceremonial soldiers on a parade ground it is about soldiers going into battle.

Why else are they wearing armour.

As for training Christians, look again at what you teach them.

How many sermons or Bible classes deal with the historical evidence for Christianity?

How many examine the accuracy and reliability of the Bible?

Do you preach on logic, the different fallacies in logic.

How many lessons do you give on common arguments used by atheists?

Take a hard look most churches Do Not Train there members.

For advice coldcasechristianity has a lot to say about training instead of teaching.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

9 hours ago, WayneB said:

Hi OneLight!  I remember you from many years ago when I used to moderate the boards.  It’s nice to recognize a familiar person!  I haven’t been around for many years but plan on checking in more often now that I’m retired.  

The pdf was uploaded and attached to the original post.  It was downloaded by a couple of folks.  I uploaded a copy into this post.  

The Armor of God.pdfUnavailable

Hi Wayne.  It's good to see you back!  Retirement does give us a lot of extra time, until the list starts to grow!!

As for your attachment, here is what I see.

Wayne-1.png.cace368ddd966ac2f92df51f16aa1e5d.png

When I click on the attachment, I get this error message

PDF-EC.png.fe6eddaaef48a13b698d59de9d4360ef.png

Too bad because I was looking forward to reviewing your study.

Thanks for letting me know OneLight.  I'd be happy to share it with you anytime.  Just send me an email and I'll send it back to you in pdf format.   My email is waynesmith@cableone.net. 

I've been gone from the boards for so long, I'm sure there are new rules and limitations and rightfully so.   George is very protective of the forums, chat rooms and on-line ministry.  I appreciate him for being prudent and careful.  

Funny thing is I still get moderator notices... 2,727 actually! :-)  

I'll ask George about the rules next time I speak to him.  In the meantime, be blessed my friend!