• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Hello, guys.

I'm a 19 year old student that has a massive problem regarding the Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I've been having anxiety problems since I was a little kid and since I started high school (when I was ~ 15 years old), I had several "themes" that my OCD used to approach to attack me.

First, after watching some horror movies, I was scared I might be the Antichrist (which I'm now sure I am not). Then, I started believing I might be gay (despite all the proofs that I am not) - that's called HOCD (or Homosexual OCD). I also got over that thing. Now, I'm obsessing about something else, something related to my first obsession (the one with the Antichrist).

In the 10th grade (16 y/o) I asked myself "what if I actually am the Antichrist and am able to solve a hard problem by asking Satan to help me with it?" and my mind was like "no, don't try it", and somehow I found the answer to that problem and solved it. My whole life was ruined from that moment, including my whole way of thinking. Whenever I solve a problem or whenever I do good at an exam, I think about that day and about the fact that it could have been the same this time.

Sometimes, I just feel relieved but then I think "what if I won't be able to solve these problems anymore someday?", or I just feel guilty because I do solve them.

I know this sounds irrational. They are not delusions, they're just anxiety. But that's huge anxiety that's been haunting me from 3 years on.

1 hour ago, I've had an exam and I was the first who finished solving the problem. I also impressed my teacher. Some colleague (and friend) asked me after the exam: "I think you did some deal with the devil because I'm not able to imagine how you solved that problem so fast", which, of course, triggered my OCD more than ever before :)

I have an obsession regarding intelligence and I compare myself to the times before that moment in the 10th grade, just to somehow "check" if everything was the same back then. Of course it wasn't the same, because that was 3 years ago, I evolved in that time.

I'm also scared, God might punish me for feeling bad after solving the problems, and somehow "remove" my ability of solving them. (wow, that sounds also weird to me).

I was officially diagnosed with OCD, but therapy didn't seem to work, unfortunately :(

Also, not into meds at all.

What can I do? Some advice? Should I be panicked? How can I overcome these thoughts and this "habit" of associating everything with what happened on that day?

Thank you.

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.75
  • Days Won:  149

Why no meds? They can really help people with OCD.

I would at least look into the possibility of meds to control what is really an over active brain that occasionally jumps the tracks.

It isn't the sort of thing that just goes away all by itself. You need to find ways to cope with it. Praying for you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, mat007 said:

Hello, guys.

I'm a 19 year old student that has a massive problem regarding the Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I've been having anxiety problems since I was a little kid and since I started high school (when I was ~ 15 years old), I had several "themes" that my OCD used to approach to attack me.

First, after watching some horror movies, I was scared I might be the Antichrist (which I'm now sure I am not). Then, I started believing I might be gay (despite all the proofs that I am not) - that's called HOCD (or Homosexual OCD). I also got over that thing. Now, I'm obsessing about something else, something related to my first obsession (the one with the Antichrist).

In the 10th grade (16 y/o) I asked myself "what if I actually am the Antichrist and am able to solve a hard problem by asking Satan to help me with it?" and my mind was like "no, don't try it", and somehow I found the answer to that problem and solved it. My whole life was ruined from that moment, including my whole way of thinking. Whenever I solve a problem or whenever I do good at an exam, I think about that day and about the fact that it could have been the same this time.

Sometimes, I just feel relieved but then I think "what if I won't be able to solve these problems anymore someday?", or I just feel guilty because I do solve them.

I know this sounds irrational. They are not delusions, they're just anxiety. But that's huge anxiety that's been haunting me from 3 years on.

1 hour ago, I've had an exam and I was the first who finished solving the problem. I also impressed my teacher. Some colleague (and friend) asked me after the exam: "I think you did some deal with the devil because I'm not able to imagine how you solved that problem so fast", which, of course, triggered my OCD more than ever before :)

I have an obsession regarding intelligence and I compare myself to the times before that moment in the 10th grade, just to somehow "check" if everything was the same back then. Of course it wasn't the same, because that was 3 years ago, I evolved in that time.

I'm also scared, God might punish me for feeling bad after solving the problems, and somehow "remove" my ability of solving them. (wow, that sounds also weird to me).

I was officially diagnosed with OCD, but therapy didn't seem to work, unfortunately :(

What can I do? Some advice? Should I be panicked? How can I overcome these thoughts and this "habit" of associating everything with what happened on that day?

Thank you.

Find another good Chrisitan psychologist. A medication may help. Prayer comes first. 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,874
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Missmuffet is correct. Pray without ceasing, but God has also blessed doctors and scientists with intelligence to create drugs that can help alleviate people's suffering. Drugs may be one way in which God wants to help you deal with this issue.

Also be sure to stay in the Word. Study your Bible each day. There is no better way to combat false thoughts than by consuming God's truth!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/5/2021 at 4:18 PM, mat007 said:

Ok, God does not punish people in this life when they are I'll.

Can you find a bible verse where Jesus rebukes a sick person?

Ocd is a mental illness, so your fears of being punished because of something your illness has caused you to do is false.

Search on line for 25 tips for successfully treating your ocd. Read it several times and discuss it with your doctor or therapist.

Two point from it.

You are responsible for your treatment, following procedures, taking your medication etc etc.

Yes medication can help calm your mind so technicques to help you can be learnt and put into practice.

While this is happening you have to endure any side affects.

Next intrusive thoughts, they are not real, so all you do is acknowledge them.

A thought appears, " yo are the anti Christ!" You just say " yes that is right" and carry on with what you are doing.

Again read th article and see your doctor.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 5/5/2021 at 10:18 AM, mat007 said:

Hello, guys.

Thank you.

I had this (may still have it) but I take a vitamin regimen every day. 

I believe it is caused by chemical imbalances in your brain and body. 

Living in an allergy prone place also supplies no end of the triggers

so I recommend daily Zyrtec or whichever of those drugs agrees with

your system. I started the vitamin supplements in my 30's (and people

looked at me like I was some old toot with hypochondria...). 

Bottom line was, I felt like crap, had no energy and was susceptible to every

germ I encountered.

I forged ahead with taking care of me (which nobody else is obligated to do)

I am 60 now and in better health (even post Covid 19 in December) than I was in my

30's before the supplements.

My Doctor prescribed daily Metamucil in my 30's as well (we don't eat as much fiber 

as we should).

I am also rediscovering plain water.

Coffee, tea by the gallon, and Gatorade Zero to keep energy levels up (I am also diabetic

diagnosed in my 50's after a lifetime of dump truck loads of sugar and sweets).

Sugar can also cause chemical imbalances... and sugar is a cheap additive in most everything

we eat. I remember when they actually used flour in the Oreo cookies. Now it's just pressed colored\

sugar with a sugar paste filling.

You must also work on the emotional triggers.

When anxiety attacks were frequent I couldn't watch things like a Discovery Channel show

about exploring caves or crawl ways in ancient tombs without an empathetic claustrophobic anxiety attack.

Seriously.

On these triggers you must either switch channels until your attacks are infrequent or be able to take your mind

to a safe place / a wide open place (not New Age, just self determination).

I recall when in the limo business going through the automated car wash and feeling trapped in my own limo

for the duration of the wash. At times I had to exit the car in between cycles. 

What you are experiencing is real and it can be serious.

But it is treatable!

And you are not some weirdo for experiencing it.

Given the right set of circumstances, everyone has or will experience

what you've been through.

We all want to get along, blend in, not stand out in a bad way...

but this is you, your health, your responsibility and you have to put aside

our natural herd mentality to treat YOU.

God provided the supplements in nature (or for man to combine as supplements).

This is a good thing. And you will feel so much better!