Mike Mclees

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,115
  • Content Per Day:  9.69
  • Days Won:  149

Through every paradigm shift society changed. People remained pretty much the same at heart.It was the way we did things that changed. Throughout history there has been cyclic predictable outcomes. Men get complacent, evil reigns for a time and either does itself in or is hampered by opposing forces. Hard times, wars, famine, disease. All of these things have a cyclic quality to them. Men just never learn. We have to be reigned in instead.

Technology started out as an extension of us to help in our work. The plow, the hoe. Then we made vehicles to fly, float and drive to help us get from point A to B. Every step that was once novel becomes commonplace until the next step. 

The dangerous thing about this next paradigm is we wanted ways to help us think, feel and calculate. Let the computers do our thinking for us. People do not realize the smart phone probably is more responsible for our direction and thinking than we realize. Look at all the people who would be at a loss without one. Another danger is the assimilation of countries and economic systems into a global unit tied to that little thing in your pocket or purse. Now we can order something from China sent to US verbally with the computer taking care of the billing. And why should we carry that annoying thing around? How about an implant? On it goes. 

I think intelligent spiritual God directed wisdom is in order at each step as to how we deal with this. I mean most if not all of it is out of our immediate control. We are only in control of "us". 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  321
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

Gen 11:1  And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech. 
Gen 11:2  And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there. 
Gen 11:3  And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them throughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter. 
Gen 11:4  And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth. 
Gen 11:5  And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded. 
Gen 11:6  And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. 
Gen 11:7  Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech. 
Gen 11:8  So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city. 
Gen 11:9  Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

language: Heb. lip
speech: Heb. words
(Gen 11:1)

"Driven by the fear of another deluge, though God had given distinct assurances to the contrary, and impelled by the desire to perpetuate their name and memory to coming generations, Noah’s descendants began to build on the plain of Shinar-a fertile valley watered by the Euphrates and Tigris. Babel, Babylon and Babylon the Great, such is the lineage of the apostasy which has ever opposed the Church of God; like a shadow, stealing along the wall at our side. To Babel we must oppose Abraham; to Babylon, Jerusalem; to Babylon the Great, the Bride, the Lamb’s wife. “Come out of her, my people,” is the cry that rings down the ages. God comes down to see! From him no secrets are hid. All things are naked and open to His eyes. The one language or lip refers to the pronunciation; speech to the stock of words; God touched the lips. When disunion prevails, destruction follows. But Pentecost and Heaven will undo the wreck of Babel. See Rev_7:9."  - F. B. Meyer

Heb 6:18  That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us

"That we may have strong encouragement who have fled for refuge to lay hold of the hope set before us (as the goal of our race or the reward of our conflict). On the whole, this is the more probable meaning. Those who connect ‘strong encouragement’ with ‘to lay hold of the hope,’ etc., leave ‘have fled for refuge’ without an object, and represent Christians as fleeing somewhere for refuge, and then laying hold of their hope. What they need is ‘strong encouragement,’ having already fled for refuge to their hope. We have laid hold of the promise set before us in the double oath of God, Christ, the Desire of all nations, and the great High Priest, and it is a mighty encouragement to keep hold of that on which we have laid hold (the word means both), to know that God Himself has solemnly assured and reassured us of His loving purpose on our behalf. ‘Encouragement,’ translated ‘consolation,’ has a wide meaning; it includes the help and blessing which men call in for emergencies. The meanings vary between ‘strength’ and ‘consolation,’ the old English word ‘comfort’ representing both—the first etymologically (through fortis) and the second from usage."  - P. Schaff

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,797
  • Content Per Day:  1.03

On 5/5/2021 at 5:56 PM, Mike Mclees said:

I would not consider anyone here as ignorant, but do we understand what a paradigm shift means especially now for Christians or those who consider themselves Christians. Do we truly understand why it is so important for the present day believers in Christ. The shift is in the way the world has been taught or the way we lived.  Paradigms have brought change in the world in our past. The industrial  revolution for one and The computer age for another. Technology Is is almost in a constant of change. Many in religion may say so what is that to me. That is determined be our belief system. I think most of us know by now that the world is change faster than a speeding bullet and the church has been caught up in it for while. 

You may say I know this, so what? Why should we care or mind about these things. That is at the heart of this post. We need to stay awake. If we know our Bible and what it says about what our present time is going through can be almost shocking  in spite  of the fact we are not to fear. Also the need to talk reminds us of who we are and standing fast to our identity a believers of Christ. I myself have become a little lazy headed about the current state of affairs in the world as we approach the the night and the midnight hour of change like from PM to Am yesterday is gone and tomorrow is here. just as in war we have to get up and be ready for the battle and this is reality. I pray  this topic will be a fervent one for that reason. Even Jesus prepared himself for what He had face Him at the cross, yet still He said to the Father None the less thy will be done.  The items we speak of here may be broad, so I pray we stay focused. 

Where to begin. I will start with a subject I watched on Youtube that gave a forecast of things to come and the things that are already here. It is a wake up call.  One part is the ease and comfort of our high teck future If Christ has not yet come. Change of government religion and money.  Our Bible speaks of all these things so the question is, is how much we believe of the word of God. Out of this is two groups. Thise who truly believe and those who say  they believe. Remember what it says in Thessalonians the man of sin will not be revealed untill the be a great falling away first. I believe this is well in the works already.  

I also look at a bit of Youtube, as it contains a lot of useful information. If you go to youtube and look into recent economic developments throughout the world, the whole world seems to be in great economic turmoil. Just a few days ago, Fed chairman Jerome Powell described how the US will soon experience hyper inflation for a supposed short period of time. This is due to the fact that the US, as well as almost all the worlds economies, are substantially increasing their money supplies in order to avert financial collapse of their economies. The US has even commenced looking into forming its own crypto currency, should things go awry (hyper inflation wise). What's next, the mark of the beast?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  321
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

The New Paradigm, 2021

https://forerunnerintl.org/the-new-paradigm-2021/

Great article on this topic. I recommend everyone to read it.