IGNORED

Christ the KingPriest. How is Jesus ruling in our time?

Marilyn C

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,235
  • Content Per Day:  3.48
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

6 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, Marilyn.

Sorry for the oversight.

Hi Retro,

Thank you for your thoughts. I see we are poles apart on this topic so will not pursue it any further.

Blessings, Marilyn.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,621
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

2 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Retro,

Thank you for your thoughts. I see we are poles apart on this topic so will not pursue it any further.

Blessings, Marilyn.

Shalom, Marilyn.

I see. Fair enough. However, would you mind telling me in what ways we are "poles apart?" Do you have advice on which Scriptures you think I'm not reading correctly?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,886
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

This passage from Revelation chapter 3 is not from Job or Solomon of that time when they may have said something whether in the minds of others or in their own.

This is from the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords, the Victor, the Conqueror, the Ruler over the Kings of the Earth.

The one who has the keys of David the most powerful.  Who conquer and has never stopped till that time.  

Jesus Christ who loved us and:   Revelation 1: 4-6

4 Grace and peace to you(J) from him who is, and who was, and who is to come,(K) and from the seven spirits[a](L) before his throne, 5 and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness,(M) the firstborn from the dead,(N) 

and the ruler of the kings of the earth.(O)

To him who loves us(P) and has freed us from our sins by his blood,(Q)

6 and has made us to be a kingdom and priests(R) to serve his God and Father(S)—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.(T)

Revelations 3:1-all

1 “To the angel[a] of the church in Sardis(A) write:

These are the words of him who holds the seven spirits(B) of God and the seven stars.(C) I know your deeds;(D) you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead.(E) 2 Wake up! Strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have found your deeds unfinished in the sight of my God. 3 Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; hold it fast, and repent.(F) But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief,(G) and you will not know at what time(H) I will come to you.

4 Yet you have a few people in Sardis who have not soiled their clothes.(I) They will walk with me, dressed in white,(J) for they are worthy. 5 The one who is victorious(K) will, like them, be dressed in white.(L) I will never blot out the name of that person from the book of life,(M) but will acknowledge that name before my Father(N) and his angels. 6 Whoever has ears, let them hear(O) what the Spirit says to the churches.

To the Church in Philadelphia

7 “To the angel of the church in Philadelphia(P) write:

These are the words of him who is holy(Q) and true,(R) who holds the key of David.(S) What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open. 8 I know your deeds.(T) See, I have placed before you an open door(U) that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name.(V) 9 I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan,(W) who claim to be Jews though they are not,(X) but are liars—I will make them come and fall down at your feet(Y) and acknowledge that I have loved you.(Z) 10 Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you(AA) from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world(AB) to test(AC) the inhabitants of the earth.(AD)

11 I am coming soon.(AE) Hold on to what you have,(AF) so that no one will take your crown.(AG) 12 The one who is victorious(AH) I will make a pillar(AI) in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God(AJ) and the name of the city of my God,(AK) the new Jerusalem,(AL) which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name. 13 Whoever has ears, let them hear(AM) what the Spirit says to the churches.

To the Church in Laodicea

14 “To the angel of the church in Laodicea(AN) write:

These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness,(AO) the ruler of God’s creation.(AP) 15 I know your deeds,(AQ) that you are neither cold nor hot.(AR) I wish you were either one or the other! 16 So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth. 17 You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’(AS) But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked.(AT) 18 I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire,(AU) so you can become rich; and white clothes(AV) to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness;(AW) and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.

19 Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline.(AX) So be earnest and repent.(AY) 20 Here I am! I stand at the door(AZ) and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door,(BA) I will come in(BB) and eat with that person, and they with me.

21 To the one who is victorious,(BC) I will give the right to sit with me on my throne,(BD) just as I was victorious(BE) and sat down with my Father on his throne. 22 Whoever has ears, let them hear(BF) what the Spirit says to the churches.”

12 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

This passage from Revelation chapter 3 is not from Job or Solomon of that time when they may have said something whether in the minds of others or in their own.

This is from the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords, the Victor, the Conqueror, the Ruler over the Kings of the Earth.

Hi Your closest friendnt,

I agree that Jesus is King f Kings and Lord of Lords, however He has yet to take His great power and authority to reign. The 24 elders say -

`We give you thanks O Lord God Almighty, the one who is and who was and who is to come, because you have taken your great power and reigned...` (Rev. 11: 17)

And this is in the tribulation.

regards, Marilyn.

1 hour ago, Marilyn C said:

I agree that Jesus is King f Kings and Lord of Lords, however He has yet to take His great power and authority to reign. The 24 elders say -

`We give you thanks O Lord God Almighty, the one who is and who was and who is to come, because you have taken your great power and reigned...` (Rev. 11: 17)

And this is in the tribulation.

regards, Marilyn.

Hi Marilyn, you have inspired me but in a way that I think that I cannot consider to agree with you.

If you were a singer I think you are off key.

Of course you have hit some notes, I would like that you try again without the distractions.  

One of them is the last paragraph.

If you please because you have left me (us) wondering why the reference to Rev 11:17, if you could tell us as to why you pick this passage to support your position. 

Because I think when the elders hear how you think what they represent they might not make you happy with their response. 

PS 

Nice discussion 

Edited by Your closest friendnt

5 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Hi Marilyn, you have inspired me but in a way that I think that I cannot consider to agree with you.

If you were a singer I think you are off key.

Of course you have hit some notes, I would like that you try again without the distractions.  

One of them is the last paragraph.

If you please because you have left me (us) wondering why the reference to Rev 11:17, if you could tell us as to why you pick this passage to support your position. 

Because I think when the elders hear how you think what they represent they might not make you happy with their response. 

PS 

Nice discussion 

So glad that some truths that I have shared have inspired you. Thank you for that encouragement. 

So singing a wrong note, ay. Or perhaps a different song?

So the reference to Rev. 11: 17 reveals that at the end of the trib, the Lord begins to reign over the nations. However at the beginning of the trib, we see that He rules in judgment with the 1/3rds and on to the end of the trib.

I see ruling as judgment - ruling to life or death, while reigning is as a wise King making decisions for those in His kingdom.

I know the words can be used interchangeably but there is a difference in relation to the context. 

Could be wrong. What do you think?

Marilyn.

• Well Said! 1

The word `rule` in Gk, is `poimaino,` meaning to tend as a shepherd, fig, superviser, rule. The Lord will `rule with a rod of iron,` the nations in the millennium.

The word `reign` in Gk, is `basileus,` meaning (foundation of power) a sovereign, king. `...you have taken your great power and reigned...` (Rev. 11: 17)

• Praise God! 1

Hi Marilyn, I have come to understand that man to be at peace with one another  must seek to have a break through in understanding one another. 

Please bare with me if I ask the following question. What is this supposed to say: 

" I will come like a thief in the night and give everyone accordingly", what is this all about? 

Who says that? And 

to whom does he say that? And 

why he says that? And

why he believes he can say that?  

Within the context of rev 3: 

Revelation 3: 1-6

And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.

2 Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.

3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch,

I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

4 Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.

5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

6 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Within the context of revelations chapter 3. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt

10 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Hi Marilyn, I have come to understand that man to be at peace with one another  must seek to have a break through in understanding one another. 

Please bare with me if I ask the following question. What is this supposed to say: 

" I will come like a thief in the night and give everyone accordingly", what is this all about? 

Who says that? And 

to whom does he say that? And 

why he says that? And

why he believes he can say that?  

Within the context of rev 3: 

Revelation 3: 1-6

And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.

2 Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.

3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch,

I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

4 Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.

5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

6 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Within the context of revelations chapter 3. 

That is fine, for it helps to understand each other more.

`Thief in the night.` The Lord says that to the church of Sardis. (Rev. 3: 3) If they don`t watch then the Lord will come upon them suddenly. `Not watching,` reveals that they will go into the trib, and miss the rapture.

This phrase is also in 1 Thess. 5: 2, revealing that the early believers knew that the Lord would come that way to those not watching. However Paul reveals by the Holy Spirit that the believers are not in darkness that this day should overtake them as a thief.

Now you wrote this and I`m not sure where the words in bold came from.

`I will come like a thief in the night and give everyone accordingly.` 

regards Marilyn.

2 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

That is fine, for it helps to understand each other more.

`Thief in the night.` The Lord says that to the church of Sardis. (Rev. 3: 3) If they don`t watch then the Lord will come upon them suddenly. `Not watching,` reveals that they will go into the trib, and miss the rapture.

This phrase is also in 1 Thess. 5: 2, revealing that the early believers knew that the Lord would come that way to those not watching. However Paul reveals by the Holy Spirit that the believers are not in darkness that this day should overtake them as a thief.

Now you wrote this and I`m not sure where the words in bold came from.

`I will come like a thief in the night and give everyone accordingly.` 

regards Marilyn.

Hi Marilyn, today is a sad day for me, my sister is about to be raptured to the Lord. 

She has been through a lot of trials but she always seems cheerful.

Now I have come to understand why I asked this question, the Lord wanted to tell me that this is the time for her...

That this is the time he will come and take her. 

PS

It has been a blessing to converse and we will continue soon enough. 

• Praying! 1