IGNORED

Christ the KingPriest. How is Jesus ruling in our time?

Marilyn C

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,207
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

CHRIST THE KINGPRIEST. How is Jesus ruling in our time?

This is thread is following on from a discussion to do with the Millennium. So as to not take that thread off topic I am starting this one on the authority of Christ as Kingpriest.

We know that God the Father made Jesus Christ a priest forever after the order of Melchizedek.

`…behind the veil, where the forerunner has entered for us, even Jesus,  having become high priest for ever according to the order of Melchizedek.` (Heb. 6: 20)

This order is both priest and king.

`For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the most high God,….`(Heb. 7: 1)

So the discussion is how Jesus Christ is ruling in our time?

Let`s look at what God`s word says.

`(God the Father) raised Him (Jesus) from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but in the one to come.

And He (God the Father) put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be Head over all things to the Church which is His Body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.` (Eph. 1: 20 - 23)

Here we read that Jesus is at the Father`s right hand, with all authority and power now and on into eternity.

So we ask ourselves, “Why do we not see all rebellion dealt with how?”

`…You (God the Father) crowned Him (Jesus) with glory and honour, and set Him over the works of your hands. You have put all things in subjection under His feet.

For in that He (Father) put all in subjection under Him, (Jesus) He left nothing that is not put under Him. But now we do not yet see all things put under Him.` (Heb. 2: 7 & 8)

So why do we not yet see all things put under Jesus` rule and authority?

`For He (Jesus) must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet. The last enemy that will be destroyed is death.` (1 Cor. 15: 25 & 26)

So we read that it is a process of the outworking of Jesus` victory over His enemies.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

God rule in the heart of believers now n shall take over the world at the Armageddon battle.

• Thumbs Up 1

So who are His enemies? And when will Jesus deal with them?

`Why do the nations rage, and the people plot a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together against the LORD (Father) and against His anointed, (Jesus) saying, “ Let us break their bonds in pieces and cast away their cords from us.

He who sits in the heavens shall laugh; The LORD (Father) shall hold them in derision. Then He shall speak to them in His wrath, and distress them in His deep displeasure. “Yet I have set my King on my holy hill of Mount Zion.” 

“I will declare the decree: You are my Son, today I have begotten you, ask of me, and I will give you the nations for your inheritance, and the ends of the earth for your possession. You shall break them with a rod of iron, You shall dash them to pieces like a potter`s vessel.” (Ps. 2: 1 - 9)

We read it is the nations, the peoples, the kings and the rulers who are the enemies of Jesus. They are gathering together against God the Father and His Son. Jesus is given the nation for His inheritance and He will deal with them in the judgment.

This is a process and we are in the midst of this now, the bringing together of the rebellion nations for judgment. God the Father clearly says when.

`For behold, in those days and at that time; WHEN I bring back the captives of Judah and Jerusalem, I will gather all nations, and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat; and enter into judgment with them there on account of my people, my heritage Israel. …

Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision! For the Day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision. The sun and moon will grow dark, and the stars will diminish their brightness. The LORD also will roar from Zion and utter His voice from Jerusalem and the heavens and earth will shake.` (Joel 3: 1 & 2,  14 - 16)

So at the end of the tribulation and God`s wrath, I believe we read that the Lord will roar from Zion, and shake all things. Judgment has come.

• Thumbs Up 2

Christ`s Victory over Satan and Principalities and Powers.

`Having disarmed Principalities and Powers, He (Jesus) made a public spectacle of them triumphing over them in it.` (Col. 2: 15)

When Jesus died and rose again conquering death and Hades, He took the authority away from Satan and his demonic angels. The Lord Jesus Christ now holds the authority over Satan, death and Hades.

`(Jesus said) “I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forever more. Amen. And I have the keys (authority) of Hades and death.` (Rev. 1: 18)

We know that the Father seated His Son at His right hand in the heavenly places. He is there interceding for His believers and building and maturing them into His Body. He is also waiting till His enemies be brought to His footstool for judgment.

`The LORD, (Father God) said to my Lord, (Jesus), “Sit at my right hand till I make your enemies your footstool.”`  (Ps. 110: 1)

And we know that these enemies are the nations. `Why do the nations rage …& set themselves against the Lord…and His anointed.` (Ps. 2: 1 & 2)

`When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another,…` (Matt. 25: 31 & 32)

Thus the Lord Jesus Christ will bring His kingly authority to fully bear upon the nations of the world in the Father`s timing.

The Body of Christ Ruling with the Lord.

The Body of Christ is not of the nations but a separate heavenly nation. And we know we will judge the world system and fallen angels with Christ on His throne.

`To Him who overcomes I will grant to sit with me on my throne..` (Rev. 3: 21)

`Do you not know that the saints will judge the world (system)?.. Do you not know that we shall judge angels?` (1 Cor. 6: 2 & 3)

A very sobering thought. Any comments.

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

26 minutes ago, Josheb said:

This op is a dodge

Indeed.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,629
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

On 5/7/2021 at 8:06 AM, Josheb said:

nowhere does the Bible ever say satan has any authority.

Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.  - Matt 4

f the Good News we preach is hidden behind a veil, it is hidden only from people who are perishing. Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don’t understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.— 2 Corinthians 4:3-4

• Thumbs Up 2

Guest kingdombrat

Is this portion: 

`…You (God the Father) crowned Him (Jesus) with glory and honour, and set Him over the works of your hands. You have put all things in subjection under His feet.

a Verse?

Talk about written in a [oneness] View.

We know it was the WORD who did the Creating in Creation, and speaks of working with His Own hands.

We know the WORD became flesh and was known as Yeshua.

That means the WORD is both Creator and Christ.

But this Verse/Statement: 

is claiming the Father is basically the WORD [Creator with His Own Hands] and then sat Christ [Who is the WORD become flesh] over the Creation and put all things subjection under His feet.

Is that actually a bonafide translated Verse?

Guest kingdombrat
1 hour ago, kingdombrat said:

Is this portion: 

a Verse?

We know it was the WORD who did the Creating in Creation, and speaks of working with His Own hands.

is claiming the Father is basically the WORD [Creator with His Own Hands] and then sat Christ [Who is the WORD become flesh] over the Creation and put all things subjection under His feet.

This is literally A VERSE from Psalms 6 and Hebrews 2!

Holy Moley!

I am literally floored!

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

Hebrews 2:9

“But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.”

Guest kingdombrat
48 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Hebrews 2:9

“But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.”

But if you don't mind looking at this from exactly how it is viewed from the Op's original Post, until I broke down Who we believe the WORD to be, can you see the viewpoint I have questioned?   I am not going to think any differently than i do now, but this Verse seems it can go either way here.

a Verse?

^

Which turns out it is part of Psalms 6 (3 Verses) and Hebrews 2 states the exact same thing for 3 Verses!

So, it is an actual and literal Verse!