IGNORED

Christ the KingPriest. How is Jesus ruling in our time?

Marilyn C

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,621
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

8 hours ago, Josheb said:

Those statements show a lack of understanding of the doctrine of omniscience. It also shows a lack of understanding of what Jesus knew. It also shows a lack of exegetical skills. 

LOL! That all sounds like a lack of understanding of doctrine (teaching), period!

What Jesus chooses not to know is not a limit on his omniscience. What is impossible for him to know is also not a limit on omniscience (we would not expect him to know how to make a spherical cube, for example).

ROFL! Talk about DOUBLE-TALK! Fooey. So, Yeshua` CHOSE to be IGNORANT?! Sounds like meshugah to me! Then, what does one do with THIS passage?

Luke 2:52 (KJV)

52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.

How is that even possible if Yeshua ("Jesus") is omniscient?

Jesus did know the events described would happen in that generation and he knew it was inextricably tied to his own death and resurrection. He was in fact able to know all things that were knowable.

"All things knowable?" And, just HOW does one arrive at THAT conclusion BIBLICALLY?!

This stands in contrast to the fact Jesus knew the history of creation present-tense. He was before Abraham was (Jn. 8:58).

Yes, I imagine as well that Yeshua` knew His own history; He WAS the Word, after all. But, "omniscient" when THE SCRIPTURES SAY OTHERWISE? I don't think so.

He saw satan fall (Lk. 10:18).

He met him already; so, yes, He could see haSatan fall. However, he didn't yet have his "wings clipped."

He knew the minds and hearts of others (Mt. 9:4; Jn. 2:24-25).

He had a very perceptive mind, and He could see what His Father wanted Him to see, and He did what His Father wanted Him to do.

John 4:34 (KJV)

34 Jesus saith unto them,

"My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work."

John 5:16-23 (KJV)

16 And therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the sabbath day. 17 But Jesus answered them,

"My Father worketh hitherto, and I work."

18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them,

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise. 20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel. 21 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will. 22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: 23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him."

John 5:30 (KJV)

30 "I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me."

John 5:36-47 (KJV)

36 "But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.

37 "And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape. 38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.

39 "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life. 41 I receive not honour from men. 42 But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you. 43 I am come in my Father's name (on my Father's authority), and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. 44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only? 45Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. 46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. 47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?"

John 7:14-18 (KJV)

14 Now about the midst of the feast Jesus went up into the temple, and taught. 15 And the Jews marvelled, saying,

"How knoweth this man letters, having never learned?"

16 Jesus answered them, and said,

"My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me. 17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself. 18 He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him."

John 8:21-30 (KJV)

21 Then said Jesus again unto them,

"I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come."

22 Then said the Jews,

"Will he kill himself? because he saith, 'Whither I go, ye cannot come.'"

23 And he said unto them,

"Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. 24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins."

25 Then said they unto him,

"Who art thou?"

And Jesus saith unto them,

"Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning. 26 I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him." 

27 They understood not that he spake to them of the Father. 28 Then said Jesus unto them,

"When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things. 29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him."

30 As he spake these words, many believed on him.

John 8:40 (KJV)

40 "But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham."

John 10:11-42 (KJV)

11 "I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. 12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep. 13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep. 14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. 15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd. 17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. 18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father."

19 There was a division therefore again among the Jews for these sayings. 20 And many of them said,

"He hath a devil, and is mad; why hear ye him?"

21 Others said,

"These are not the words of him that hath a devil. Can a devil open the eyes of the blind?"

22 And it was at Jerusalem the feast of the dedication, and it was winter. 23 And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon's porch. 24 Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him,

"How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ (the Messiah/Anointed of God to be King), tell us plainly."

25 Jesus answered them,

"I TOLD YOU [ALREADY], and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name (on my Father's authority), they bear witness of me. 26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. 30 I and my Father are one (Greek: hen = Hebrew: echad = English: "one")."

31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. 32 Jesus answered them,

"Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?"

33 The Jews answered him, saying,

"For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God!" 

34 Jesus answered them,

"Is it not written in your law,

"'I said, "Ye are gods"'? (Psalm 82:6)

Psalm 82:6 (KJV)

6 “I said, ‘You are “gods”; you are all sons of the Most High.’

35 "If he called them 'gods,' unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; 36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, 'Thou blasphemest'; because I said, 'I am the Son of God'? 37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. 38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him."

39 Therefore they sought again to take him: but he escaped out of their hand, 40 And went away again beyond Jordan into the place where John at first baptized; and there he abode. 41 And many resorted unto him, and said,

"John did no miracle: but all things that John spake of this man were true."

42 And many believed on him there.

He had a perfect knowledge of God's word (Mk. 1:22; Lk. 4:32; he is, after all, the logos of God that is God).

Yes, He is the Logos; however, He did not keep His attributes when He became a man!

Philippians 2:5-8 (KJV)

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

How did "teaching as one who had authority" or that "His word was with power" mean that He had "perfect knowledge of God's Word?" He just knew what the Scriptures MEANT and was CONFIDENT in His understanding! He had "power" because God backed up His teaching with the miracles He performed in the Father's power.

He could know things happening past, present and future, and he could know things across expanses of geography or space beyond eyesight and earshot (Jn. 1:47-48).

I believe this statement takes too much liberty with this one incident. No one knows this from this passage of Scripture. His Father may have given Him all that information about Nathaniel, and probably did!

He transcended time and space, and commanded the elements of creation (Mt. 10:8; Mk. 4:39; Lk. 8:24) as well as the creatures in the unseen realm (Mt. 12:28; Mk. 3:15; Lk. 11:20) and he could make that realm visible to others who could not otherwise possibly see (Mt. 17:2).

ALL the miracles Yeshua` performed were miracles that YHWH God His Father performed first! That's what He SAID! (See above.) That includes everything in Matthew 10:8, Mark 4:39, Luke 8:24, Matthew 12:28, Mark 3:15, Luke 11:20, and Matthew 17:2! 

Even more important, the miracles that He performed by the power of His Father, were performed by the Father as a SIGN that His Messiah's message was true! Pay close attention to the following:

Matthew 4:23-25 (KJV)

23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.

24 And his fame went throughout all Syria: and they brought unto him all sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments, and those which were possessed with devils, and those which were lunatick, and those that had the palsy; and he healed them. 25 And there followed him great multitudes of people from Galilee, and from Decapolis, and from Jerusalem, and from Judaea, and from beyond Jordan.

Notice here (and in many other Scripture locations) that the miracles He performed were AUTHENTICATION of His teachings and the Good News of the Kingdom! YHWH God, the Father of Yeshua`, ENDORSED and AUTHENTICATED the message that Yeshua` taught! If He didn't teach what His Father wanted Him to teach, the Father NEVER would have so endorsed those teachings with the miracles! The teachings about the Kingdom and the miracles He performed with the power of His Father ALWAYS went hand-in-hand!

In fact, if you look up everywhere that Yeshua` performed miracles, He was teaching about the Kingdom first, and the miracles put God's stamp of approval upon the teaching!

Hebrews: 2:1-4 (KJV)

1 Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip. 2 For if the word spoken by angels was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompence of reward; 3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation (rescue; deliverance); which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord (Yeshua`), and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him; 4 God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?

Acts 2:22-24 (KJV)

22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: 23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain: 24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

It's like when you actually read that they HEARD God's voice:

John 12:27-30 (KJV)

27 "Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? 'Father, save me from this hour'?: but for this cause came I unto this hour. 28 Father, glorify thy name!" 

Then came there a voice from heaven, saying,

"I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again."

29 The people therefore, that stood by, and heard it, said that it thundered: others said,

"An angel spake to him!" 

30 Jesus answered and said,

"This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes."

Jesus came as a bond-servant and in his obedience the only limits on any of his faculties were those consistent with that choice -  a choice he made (Phil. 2:7). A choice that at any time he could have changed in an instant. All Jesus had to do was ask his Father and every area in which he'd limited himself would have changed in an instance (Mt. 11:27; Lk. 10:22; Jn. 3:35, Jn. 5:20, Jn. 16:15). 

Who do you (we) say he is? Because if he is a guy who can be limited by anything or anyone beside himself then he is not God. 

THAT'S RIGHT!!! He is NOT God; He is the SON of God!

There has never been a fraction of a nanosecond in which Jesus was not King and Priest over all others and if it does not appear that way to those of us living within the fishbowl it is only because that is the way He has either made it or allowed it. 

This statement is back to unfounded theology, again! There's not a SHRED of Scripture that supports it!

Anything and everything else is a bad Christology. Theologies built on errors in Christology are bad theologies. 

No, this in itself is bad Christology! FIRST, ONE SHOULD LEARN WHAT "CHRIST" MEANS! It's just the Greek equivalent ("Christos") of the Hebrew word "Mashiyach," often transliterated as "Messiah" (through the Greek "Messias"; see John 1:41 and John 4:25).

Not only does it mean the "Anointed [One]," but it also implies the PURPOSE of the "anointing!" He is "Anointed to be KING!" And, this hales us back to both the Davidic Covenant in 2 Samuel 7: and 1 Chronicles 17: as well as the summary of this covenant given to Miryam ("Mary") by the messenger Gavri'eel ("Gabriel") in Luke 1:

2 Samuel 7:1-17 (KJV)

1 And it came to pass, when the king sat in his house, and the LORD had given him rest round about from all his enemies; 2That the king said unto Nathan the prophet,

"See now, I dwell in an house of cedar, but the ark of God dwelleth within curtains!"

3 And Nathan said to the king,

"Go, do all that is in thine heart; for the LORD is with thee."

4 And it came to pass that night, that the word of the LORD came unto Nathan, saying, 

5 "Go and tell my servant David, 'Thus saith the LORD, "Shalt thou build me an house for me to dwell in? 6 Whereas I have not dwelt in any house since the time that I brought up the children of Israel out of Egypt, even to this day, but have walked in a tent and in a tabernacle. 7 In all the places wherein I have walked with all the children of Israel spake I a word with any of the tribes of Israel, whom I commanded to feed my people Israel, saying, 'Why build ye not me an house of cedar?'"'

8 "Now therefore so shalt thou say unto my servant David, 'Thus saith the LORD of hosts, "I took thee from the sheepcote, from following the sheep, to be ruler over my people, over Israel: 9 And I was with thee whithersoever thou wentest, and have cut off all thine enemies out of thy sight, and have made thee a great name, like unto the name of the great men that are in the earth. 10 Moreover I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime, 11 And as since the time that I commanded judges to be over my people Israel, and have caused thee to rest from all thine enemies."

'Also the LORD telleth thee that HE will make THEE an house. 12 "And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up THY SEED after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom. 13 He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever. 14 I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity (If He stands AS iniquity), I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men: 15 But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee. 16 And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever."'"

17 According to all these words, and according to all this vision, so did Nathan speak unto David.

1 Chronicles 17:1-15 (KJV)

1 Now it came to pass, as David sat in his house, that David said to Nathan the prophet,

"Lo, I dwell in an house of cedars, but the ark of the covenant of the LORD remaineth under curtains!" 

2 Then Nathan said unto David,

"Do all that is in thine heart; for God is with thee."

3 And it came to pass the same night, that the word of God came to Nathan, saying, 

4 "Go and tell David my servant, 'Thus saith the LORD, "Thou shalt not build me an house to dwell in: 5For I have not dwelt in an house since the day that I brought up Israel unto this day; but have gone from tent to tent, and from one tabernacle to another. 6 Wheresoever I have walked with all Israel, spake I a word to any of the judges of Israel, whom I commanded to feed my people, saying, 'Why have ye not built me an house of cedars?'"

7 "Now therefore thus shalt thou say unto my servant David, 'Thus saith the LORD of hosts, "I took thee from the sheepcote, even from following the sheep, that thou shouldest be ruler over my people Israel: 8 And I have been with thee whithersoever thou hast walked, and have cut off all thine enemies from before thee, and have made thee a name like the name of the great men that are in the earth. 9 Also I will ordain a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, and they shall dwell in their place, and shall be moved no more; neither shall the children of wickedness waste them any more, as at the beginning, 10 And since the time that I commanded judges to be over my people Israel. Moreover I will subdue all thine enemies."

"'Furthermore I tell thee that the LORD will build thee an house. 11 "And it shall come to pass, when thy days be expired that thou must go to be with thy fathers, that I will raise up THY SEED after thee, which shall be of thy sons; and I will establish his kingdom. 12 He shall build me an house, and I will stablish his throne for ever. 13 I will be his father, and he shall be my son: and I will not take my mercy away from him, as I took it from him that was before thee: 14 But I will settle him in mine house and in my kingdom for ever: and his throne shall be established for evermore."'"

15 According to all these words, and according to all this vision, so did Nathan speak unto David.

Luke 1:30-33 (KJV)

30 And the angel said unto her,

"Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. 31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. 32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest (the Son of God): and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end."

One should NOT allow one's theology to get in the way of his or her understanding of the Scriptures!

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,231
  • Content Per Day:  3.48
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On 6/10/2021 at 7:47 PM, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, Marilyn C.

Let's stop right here for a moment. For the Messiah Yeshua` to be "of the order of Malkhiy-Tsedeq" does NOT mean that He is currently reigning! It means that He is slated to BECOME the King, as promised; however, He is NOT currently reigning! While He IS our "mediator between God and man," He doesn't reign until He returns to earth and begins His Kingdom with the nation of Israel - HIS nation Israel. You've GOT to listen to what Yeshua` said:

Matthew 25:31-34 (KJV)

31 "When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, THEN shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: 32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: 33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

Hi Retro,

I agree partly with what you have said - that the Lord is not currently reigning. However I do believe that He is a KingPriest now. 

We see that God the Father appointed Jesus as High Priest after the order of Melchizedek, Kingpriest. 

`...behind the veil, where the forerunner has entered for us, even Jesus, having become High Priest for ever according to the order of Melchizedek.` (Heb. 6: 20)

We know the Lord Jesus is at the Father`s right hand awaiting till His enemies be made Hod footstool, (Ps. 110: 1). Thus although He is Kingpriest He is only operating in His High priestly office. 

The `throne of His glory` in Matt. 25 refers to His authority and power in the highest that the Father gave to Him. No one on earth can ever give the Lord His authority & power to be king. The Lord Jesus Christ`s authority and power, His own throne, (Rev. 3: 21) is in the highest and all rule and authority will come under that.

regards, Marilyn.

On 6/10/2021 at 7:47 PM, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, Marilyn C.

He won't reign over everything in the Universe! That's His Father's job! He is the Mediator between God and man! He is the salvation of His people Israel! He is the King of the Jews who will become King of Israel and then the King of kings, as His Kingdom on earth grows and subdues more nations and kingdoms unto Himself.

Hi Retro,

You have not really read what I said, for I agree that the Lord is not operating in His kingship at the moment. 

Now I think you need to consider that you are placing the Lord, the one who to have the pre-eminence in all things, (Col. 1: 18) -

1. Below where Lucifer had his throne,

2. Below the angels,

3. Below where even Lucifer/Satan usurped power.

That is NOT pre-eminence in ALL THINGS. 

Marilyn. 

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,621
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 6/11/2021 at 8:13 PM, Marilyn C said:

Hi Retro,

I agree partly with what you have said - that the Lord is not currently reigning. However I do believe that He is a KingPriest now. 

We see that God the Father appointed Jesus as High Priest after the order of Melchizedek, Kingpriest. 

`...behind the veil, where the forerunner has entered for us, even Jesus, having become High Priest for ever according to the order of Melchizedek.` (Heb. 6: 20)

We know the Lord Jesus is at the Father`s right hand awaiting till His enemies be made Hod footstool, (Ps. 110: 1). Thus although He is Kingpriest He is only operating in His High priestly office. 

The `throne of His glory` in Matt. 25 refers to His authority and power in the highest that the Father gave to Him. No one on earth can ever give the Lord His authority & power to be king. The Lord Jesus Christ`s authority and power, His own throne, (Rev. 3: 21) is in the highest and all rule and authority will come under that.

regards, Marilyn.

Shabbat shalom, Marilyn.

Okay, I can accept that Yeshua` the Messiah of God is in His role as High Priest at present and not currently in his King role. I believe that you're right on that topic.

One must also remember that in EVERY instance in the New Testament when that phrase, "made his enemies his footstool," is made, the author of each book is quoting from Psalm 110:1. As a Messianic quote, this is a revelation of a future time, and at no point are we to be led to believe that it has already been fulfilled.

The locations where this phrase is found are ...

Matthew 22:44,
Mark 12:36,
Luke 20:43,
Acts 2:35,
Hebrews 1:13 and
Hebrews 10:13.

In each of these cases, one must pay attention to the context in which this verse is quoted to see how that author used the verse within his writing.

In the Gospel accounts, Yeshua` was using this quote to emphasize how David was calling the Messiah (David's Son) David's "Lord" with the Hebrew word "Adoniy," meaning "my Lord" or "my Founder" or "my Master," which a SON would say of his father, but a FATHER would not say of his son! By the way, "Mister" comes from the same English root as "Master."

(This word "Adoniy" was translated into Greek as "Kurios mou." Unfortunately, the Hebrew tetragrammaton, "YHWH," was also translated into Greek as "Kurios"; so, one must be careful to understand to which "Kurios" an author was referring! Generally speaking, the only way to do that definitively would be to go back to the Hebrew verse from which the quote was made to determine which word was so translated. If that cannot be done, then one must see to whom the word "Kurios" was referring; if to God the Father, it would most likely be the tetragrammaton [or to "Adonay"], but if to the Son of God, Yeshua` the Messiah, then it would be the word "Adoniy.")

In Acts 2, Peter used the quote this way:

Acts 2:29-36 (KJV)

29 "Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. 30 Therefore (1) being a prophet, and (2) knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ (the Messiah) to sit on his throne; 31 He seeing this before[hand] spake of the resurrection of Christ (the Messiah), that (when he said) 'his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.' 32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. 33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

34 "For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself,

"'The LORD said unto my Lord, "Sit thou on my right hand, 35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool."' (Psalm 110:1)

36 "Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord (Founder; Master) and Christ (Messiah)."

In Hebrews 1, the author of Hebrews is using the verse quoted to distinguish between the Messiah and the "angels" ("prophets"):

Hebrews 1:1-14 (KJV)

1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, 2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; 3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high; 4 Being made so much better than the angels (Greek: toon aggeloon = "to-the messengers"), as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, "Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee?" (Psalm 2:7) And again, "I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?" (2 Samuel 7:14; 1 Chronicles 17:13)

6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, "And let all the angels of God worship him."

(Detueronomy 32:43 LXX)

43 εὐφράνθητε, οὐρανοί, ἅμα αὐτῷ, καὶ προσκυνησάτωσαν αὐτῷ υἱοὶ θεοῦ· εὐφράνθητε, ἔθνη, μετὰ τοῦ λαοῦ αὐτοῦ, καὶ ἐνισχυσάτωσαν αὐτῷ πάντες ἄγγελοι θεοῦ· ὅτι τὸ αἷμα τῶν υἱῶν αὐτοῦ ἐκδικᾶται, καὶ ἐκδικήσει, καὶ ἀνταποδώσει δίκην τοῖς ἐχθροῖς· καὶ τοῖς μισοῦσιν ἀνταποδώσει, καὶ ἐκκαθαριεῖ Κύριος τὴν γῆν τοῦ λαοῦ αὐτοῦ.

7 And of the angels he saith, "Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire." (Psalm 104:4)

8 But unto the Son (verse 9) he saith,

"Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom. 
9 "Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath ANOINTED thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows." (Psalm 45:6-7)

10 And,

"Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands: 11 They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment; 12 And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail." (Psalm 102:25-27)

13 But to which of the angels (Greek: toon aggeloon = "of-the messengers") said he at any time,

"Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?" (Psalm 110:1)

14 Are they ("angels" or "messengers") not all ministering spirits (serving voices), sent forth to minister (to serve) for them who shall be heirs of salvation (recipients of the rescue)?

(I'm learning that there are many more times that "angels" refer to the prophets as God's "messengers" than I used to believe. That's not to say there aren't "supernatural messengers," as in Luke 2, but there's just more instances that "messengers" ["aggeloi"] refer to HUMAN "messengers" than the other.) 

And, Hebrews 10:13:

Hebrews 10:8-18 (KJV)

8 Above when he said, "Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law"; 9 Then said he, "Lo, I come to do thy will, O God." He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. 10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: 12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; 13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. 14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. 15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,

16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

This author is speaking about the comparison between the priesthood of the Aaronic priests versus the priesthood of Yeshua`, which is already begun ... AND FINISHED in the offering of Yeshua`s body ONCE FOR ALL. (But, you already know that in your comments on the Kingpriest's role. I'm just reiterating it for those reading along.)

HOWEVER, Yeshua`s future role is to be the King of all the nations of the earth, "the King of kings and Master of masters." He's not going to be Ruler of all the Creation; GOD, HIS FATHER, ALREADY IS THAT! His future role was suscinctly stated by Gavri'el in Luke 1:30-33:

Luke 1:30-33 (KJV)

30 And the angel said unto her,

"Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. 31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. 32 He shall be great, and shall be called the SON of the Highest: and the LORD God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end."

He SHALL be the Ruler of all we see (and can't see) in, on, and above this planet, but He gives that back to His Father at the end of the Millennium; then, He takes on the role of simply the King of Israel, again, because we still have Paul's prophecy, as well: (We need to remember, though, that this prophecy is mentioned in his treatise on the resurrection.)

1 Corinthians 15:20-28 (KJV)

20 But now is Christ (the Messiah) risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. 21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ (in the Messiah) shall all be made alive. 23 But EVERY MAN IN HIS OWN ORDER: 

(1) Christ (the Messiah) the firstfruits;
(2) afterward they that are Christ's (those who belong to the Messiah) at his (second) coming. 24
(3) Then cometh the end (of the Millennium), when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. 

25 For HE MUST REIGN, TILL HE HATH PUT ALL ENEMIES UNDER HIS FEET. 26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. 27 For he hath put all things under his feet. (But when he saith, all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.) 28And when all things shall be subdued unto him, THEN SHALL THE SON ALSO HIMSELF BE SUBJECT UNTO HIM THAT PUT ALL THINGS UNDER HIM, THAT GOD MAY BE ALL IN ALL.

We still have death in this world; I've experienced some of it recently and personally in the loss of loved ones and am getting old enough to experience even more, if I don't die first! Death won't be FINALLY conquered until the end of the Millennium, after the sentencing of the final judgment, the Great White Throne Judgment in which "death and the grave" are consigned to the Lake of Fire.

So, the only way I can see to rectify these two passages of Scripture is to see the Millennium as that time period in which the Messiah of God, the One Anointed by God to be the King, grows His Kingdom (which is really God's Kingdom) in the world of HUMAN BEINGS until He has a World-Wide Kingdom - an EMPIRE fit for His Father, which He then delivers up to YHWH God, His Father, and goes on "reigning over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,880
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

@Marilyn C in this passage is it not Stephen describing Jesus Christ as the inheritor of the Heavenly Throne of the Kingdom of God, high above every King and Lord. As the King of King and the Lord of Lords? 

12 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shabbat shalom, Marilyn.

Okay, I can accept that Yeshua` the Messiah of God is in His role as High Priest at present and not currently in his King role. I believe that you're right on that topic.

One must also remember that in EVERY instance in the New Testament when that phrase, "made his enemies his footstool," is made, the author of each book is quoting from Psalm 110:1. As a Messianic quote, this is a revelation of a future time, and at no point are we to be led to believe that it has already been fulfilled.

So, the only way I can see to rectify these two passages of Scripture is to see the Millennium as that time period in which the Messiah of God, the One Anointed by God to be the King, grows His Kingdom (which is really God's Kingdom) in the world of HUMAN BEINGS until He has a World-Wide Kingdom - an EMPIRE fit for His Father, which He then delivers up to YHWH God, His Father, and goes on "reigning over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end."

Hi Retro,

So it seems we are agreeing. 

regards, Marilyn.

2 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

@Marilyn C in this passage is it not Stephen describing Jesus Christ as the inheritor of the Heavenly Throne of the Kingdom of God, high above every King and Lord. As the King of King and the Lord of Lords? 

Hi Your closest friendnt,

Not sure which scripture you are referring to. 

regards, Marilyn.

2 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Not sure which scripture you are referring to. 

regards, Marilyn.

When Stephen saw Jesus, did he saw him dressed up like a Priest doing the rites of the Priest or Crown as the Lord of Lords and the King of kings. 

Acts 7:54 

54 When the members of the Sanhedrin heard this, they were furious(BR) and gnashed their teeth at him. 55 But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit,(BS) looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God.(BT) 56 “Look,” he said, “I see heaven open(BU) and the Son of Man(BV) standing at the right hand .

Edited by Your closest friendnt

4 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

When Stephen saw Jesus, did he saw him dressed up like a Priest doing the rites of the Priest or Crown as the Lord of Lords and the King of kings. 

Acts 7:54 

54 When the members of the Sanhedrin heard this, they were furious(BR) and gnashed their teeth at him. 55 But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit,(BS) looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God.(BT) 56 “Look,” he said, “I see heaven open(BU) and the Son of Man(BV) standing at the right hand .

Just wanted to clarify what you meant. Good scripture there bro. Yes Stephen saw Jesus as the Son of Man, standing at the right hand of the Father ready to receive Stephen into glory. What a wondrous sight and such encouragement for the young man about to be martyred. 

Interesting to note that a few years later, John saw the Lord in a vision as the Son of Man, also, but the vision was so magnificent, so utterly blinding to his eyes that he fell as dead. This vision of the Lord described Him as the heavenly High Priest, overseeing the building and maturing of the Body of Christ. (Rev. 1: 13 - 18)

Now as the Father had made Him a King priest, then He was (is) also a king, but He had not as then moved to His own throne/authority, as Rev. 3: 21 tells us.

Thanks closest, as it adds to the discussion. Marilyn.

21 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Just wanted to clarify what you meant. Good scripture there bro. Yes Stephen saw Jesus as the Son of Man, standing at the right hand of the Father ready to receive Stephen into glory. What a wondrous sight and such encouragement for the young man about to be martyred. 

Interesting to note that a few years later, John saw the Lord in a vision as the Son of Man, also, but the vision was so magnificent, so utterly blinding to his eyes that he fell as dead. This vision of the Lord described Him as the heavenly High Priest, overseeing the building and maturing of the Body of Christ. (Rev. 1: 13 - 18)

Now as the Father had made Him a King priest, then He was (is) also a king, but He had not as then moved to His own throne/authority, as Rev. 3: 21 tells us.

Thanks closest, as it adds to the discussion. Marilyn.

Hi Marilyn, blessings to you.

I love the way you put together your post, first you greed, then you acknowledge something that the poster said and then you make your points, but I think you are making your points too quickly.  

This is from 

Revelation 1:5,6

5 and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness,the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth.

To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, 6 and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen. 

* he has made us to be a kingdom and priest to serve his God and Father. 

To him who loves us and has free us from our sins by his blood be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.

* This I hope will settle this matter. 

We are a Kingdom and Priest to serve to serve his God and Father.

We are not a kingdom without a King, we have a King, Jesus is our King, and our Lord.  

Jesus Christ is the Savior of the whole world.

He is the Lord of Lords and the King of Kings.

He Rules, He opens and no one can close, he close and no one can open.