• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

According to the CDC, as of May 15, 72.8% of people over 65 are fully vaccinated, compared to only 37.5% of the total population.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations

Why do you believe the CDC? Their story has changed multiple times. 

Referencing the CDC is like having no source at all. They have lost all credibility.

Edited by Ozarkbound
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,029
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  3

9 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

According to the CDC, as of May 15, 72.8% of people over 65 are fully vaccinated, compared to only 37.5% of the total population.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations

I simply believe nothing the CDC says. Same with WHO. A lot of organizations have been outed as frauds (at least, to me) during this thing. I suppose every cloud has a silver lining. 

This sort of skepticism started with me when the AMA lost the lawsuit with the chiropractors back in the 80's. 

Again, not a sole I know that is over 65 trusts the vaccines. This isn't our first rodeo. The young people I know are pretty much all getting vaccinated and it seems to be a bid deal to them to get vaccinated. 

Edited by Still Alive

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.90
  • Days Won:  1

12 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

Where I live, most of the people that are stressing about getting vaccinated are young people. In fact, I don't know a single over 60 person that got vaccinated. I suppose it depend on the crowd you hang out with. :)

Not speaking for everyone of course, but my nieces and nephews, while not 'stressed' do not want to potentially pass along anything to their grandparents. My father thinks its ridiculous (he has been vaccinated), but they are adults and he can respect their decision.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Days Won:  4

1 minute ago, Ozarkbound said:

I don’t know what stories you are referring to, but it is the official data repository and reporting agency. Johns Hopkins medical school and the COVID Tracking Project have also collected hospital data and have had very similar numbers. I do not know of any credible reason to claim that their numbers are inaccurate. 

3 minutes ago, Ozarkbound said:

Scientific knowledge is conditional. A new disease means there is going to be lots of new information flowing, some of which will be contradictory. It takes time to sort out and shake down the best information.

Most scientific theories have taken decades of refinement and still are open to change.

3 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

I simply believe nothing the CDC says.

I get it, I lost some confidence in the CDC this year, too. But other counting efforts have independently arrived at very similar numbers. Do you have any evidence of what the actual count should be?

3 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

Again, not a sole I know that is over 65 trusts the vaccines. This isn't our first rodeo. The young people I know are pretty much all getting vaccinated and it seems to be a bid deal to them to get vaccinated. 

I don't know any soles, flounders or halibuts over 65 either.

:)

• Haha 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

20 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

I don’t know what stories you are referring to, but it is the official data repository and reporting agency. Johns Hopkins medical school and the COVID Tracking Project have also collected hospital data and have had very similar numbers. I do not know of any credible reason to claim that their numbers are inaccurate. 

If you don't know about their changing stories since Covid began, you are not paying attention. It is getting difficult to trust your credibility.

You have your one.opinion and you are sticking to it. I believe it will be years before the full truth comes out. 

I thought when the  vaccines first came out, that a few years from now we would see the lawyer ads asking for calls from those who were harmed, or had family members killed by the vaccine.

I know that won't happen since the government has set it up so that the drug companies producing these shots can not be held legally liable for any harm caused. They will be able to keep the billions of dollars profits with no worries.

That, along with lack of FDA approval, is enough to give me pause. 

Edited by Ozarkbound

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,029
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  3

24 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

I get it, I lost some confidence in the CDC this year, too. But other counting efforts have independently arrived at very similar numbers. Do you have any evidence of what the actual count should be?

Nope. Mine is purely anecdotal. As a 65 year old, most of my circle of friends are over 50. Most of us think the rush to be a beta tester for these vaccines is pretty comical. We're not interested. But we also come from the "question authority" generation. 

We're also not afraid to die.

21 minutes ago, Ozarkbound said:

If you don't know about their changing stories since Covid began, you are not paying attention. It is getting difficult to trust your credibility.

Oh, that’s just silly. You never trusted it to begin with!

I asked because I was wondering which story changes you were referring to specifically. It was not an invitation for an insult.