• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,264
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, Still Alive said:

Yes. I see it as a form of loving my neighbor in the "tough love" vein. It's easier to not make your teenager clean their room, but they'll be better off if you make it hard on them to not do it. I'm thinking long, not short term. 

I think our culture is starting to feel the results of decades of coddling nonsense, with the idea that it will make people feel loved and respected. It is not without consequences. Jesus showed the adulterous woman love and compassion, and then told her to go and sin no more.

And the concept of individual freedom comes straight from Christianity as its primary source. On a side note, it is also the first religious belief system that seems to equate women with men. That was sort of a new thing in Jesus day. But I digress. ;) 

Wearing a mask during a pandemic is not at all like telling someone to "go and sin no more".

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

Just now, teddyv said:

Wearing a mask during a pandemic is not at all like telling someone to "go and sin no more".

No, but it is in the spirit of "not enabling". One of the most damaging things a person can do is enable another person in bad behavior. And simply acquiescing to folks that are scared to death because they have been manipulated by their news sources is, in my opinion, enabling them. And then I and my progeny have to live in a world they at least partly control. 

That's why I firmly believe that those that are afraid of sharing air with other people have every right to wear a full face gas mask. But it is important to remind them, by our actions, that their sensibilities do not control our lives, just as ours don't control theirs. To each their own. Live and let live. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Etc.

BTW, we've been "in a pandemic" for many centuries. This is just another one, and not all that big a deal, especially if you're under 60. Did you see my post on the demographic information?

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,144
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

5 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

No, but it is in the spirit of "not enabling". One of the most damaging things a person can do is enable another person in bad behavior. And simply acquiescing to folks that are scared to death because they have been manipulated by their news sources is, in my opinion, enabling them. And then I and my progeny have to live in a world they at least partly control. 

That's why I firmly believe that those that are afraid of sharing air with other people have every right to wear a full face gas mask. But it is important to remind them, by our actions, that their sensibilities do not control our lives, just as ours don't control theirs. To each their own. Live and let live. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Etc.

BTW, we've been "in a pandemic" for many centuries. This is just another one, and not all that big a deal, especially if you're under 60. Did you see my post on the demographic information?

Irony aplenty to be had. We have those who take precautionary measures out of concern for their fellow man, and these are accused of living in fear by those who are alarmed by those same precautions because of the belief they are a "precursor" to the MOB, the beast system, and whatnot. 

Therefore it would seem good if those who pay no heed to such things live peaceably with their neighbor, just as we are exhorted to do by the Lord and His apostles. Is it our place to dictate what our neighbor should and shouldn't do with regard to matters such as these? Is lawlessness and agitation permissible on the part of the Lord's elect?

The irony is expressed in suspicion, lack of trust, and accusing others of evil. If one is content to not wear a mask and pay no heed to the rules of the house in which they are a guest, then they ought to do so without grumbling nor complaint. Grumbling and protest lends the appearance of evil on the part of the grumbling agitator. If they're asked to leave the house by the proprietor then they ought to do so meekly without complaint. 

I'm troubled by the entitlement I've been witnessing over the past year. It's a pandemic unto itself. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

Irony aplenty to be had. We have those who take precautionary measures out of concern for their fellow man, and these are accused of living in fear by those who are alarmed by those same precautions because of the belief they are a "precursor" to the MOB, the beast system, and whatnot. 

Therefore it would seem good if those who pay no heed to such things live peaceably with their neighbor, just as we are exhorted to do by the Lord and His apostles. Is it our place to dictate what our neighbor should and shouldn't do with regard to matters such as these? Is lawlessness and agitation permissible on the part of the Lord's elect?

The irony is expressed in suspicion, lack of trust, and accusing others of evil. If one is content to not wear a mask and pay no heed to the rules of the house in which they are a guest, then they ought to do so without grumbling nor complaint. Grumbling and protest lends the appearance of evil on the part of the grumbling agitator. If they're asked to leave the house by the proprietor then they ought to do so meekly without complaint. 

I'm troubled by the entitlement I've been witnessing over the past year. It's a pandemic unto itself. 

I completely agree with that. And yes, even the irony part. There was some irony in my post. To semi-quote Lincoln, "I apologies for the length of my post, but I didn't have time to create a shorter one."  i.e. I could have said it better if I'd spent a lot more time on it. ;)

But I will throw this out, regarding being in someone else's house and obeying laws: How do you feel about this?

https://www.history.com/topics/black-history/the-greensboro-sit-in

I compare this to that, to a great degree. 

Edited by Still Alive

And this sort of thing actually matters: CDC Quietly Admits The Death Toll From COVID Vaccines Is Greater Than Every Vaccine In The Last 20 Years COMBINED

Edited by Still Alive

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.95
  • Days Won:  20

I have been wearing a shield the whole time and have only been turned away a couple of times in 14 months.  I also live in Oregon which has a dictator for a governor.  She has extended the state of emergency to the end of June with no proposal to stop it even though cases are way down.  Most of the state is still in the high risk category.  Last week the Oregon Occupational Safety and Health Administration changed their Covid rules from temporary to permanent meaning they will have the say when the emergency is over for businesses in Oregon.  You know what they say about absolute power.  In the meantime, we are still in lockdown and confinement for the most part, according to our political leaders. 

Mask Gun Defense.jpg

Edited by debrakay
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Well Said! 2

9 minutes ago, debrakay said:

I have been wearing a shield the whole time and have only been turned away a couple of times in 14 months.  I also live in Oregon which has a dictator for a governor.  She has extended the state of emergency to the end of June with no proposal to stop it even though cases are way down.  Most of the state is still in the high risk category.  Last week the Oregon Occupational Safety and Health Administration changed their Covid rules from temporary to permanent meaning they will have the say when the emergency is over for businesses in Oregon.  You know what they say about absolute power.  In the meantime, we are still in lockdown and confinement for the most part, according to our political leaders. 

Mask Gun Defense.jpg

Reminds me of this one:

image.png.fdf39a3c38721b1fb238f106fd84cf41.png

Edited by Still Alive
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

It's starting to get kind of weird:

After CDC Changes Mask Rules, Democrats Vow To Ignore The Science And The Experts

It seems like a lot of folks are only listening to the experts that support their position, and when those experts change their advice, people look to different experts.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

22 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I just got an email saying that those who have been vaccinated no longer have to wear masks or comply with social distancing. Well, that leaves me out. Is that like those in the 7 year tribulation will be able to buy and sell if they have the MOB ?

It was a real joy to get an email from our choir director telling us we don't have to wear masks Sunday!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.55
  • Days Won:  12

5 hours ago, ladypeartree said:

And yet we know of at least 100 people who had both vaccinations and THEN caught covid :39:

The vaccinations don't stop you getting the virus.  They are supposed to reduce the symptoms and help your body fight it off more quickly.