Spiros

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  181
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

I'd like to present my theory regarding the size of New Jerusalem. I previously posted this in a wrong section(Worthy Welcome) so I am creating a new thread here. Since it is against the  forum rules to upload photos from ones website, I will be uploading some diagrams to an image hosting site so that I can show them here.

Revelation 21.2,10,16

"And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal."

The size of New Jerusalem if we consider it a cube is 1,890,660 meters (or 1,174.8 miles) on each side.

Now regarding the shape of New Jerusalem. New Jerusalem is not intended to be a real structure in this world, it encodes certain information that relates to the evolution of civilization and the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

New Jerusalem is a mathematical, geodetical/geographical encoding. It's a sort of equation. You can use the same methodology to compute the dimensions of a hypothetical "New Nazareth", or "New Bethlehem". Actually, you can do the same for any position around the globe as long as you know it's latitude and altitude above sea level. The dimension of New Bethlehem is 11,945 stadions(Greek furlongs) and that of New Nazareth is 12,689 stadions.

This methodology is irrelevant of the actual shape of New Jerusalem. It could be a sphere having a diameter of 12,000 stadions, or a cube with a side of 12,000 stadions, or a non-regular octahedron formed by two back-to back pyramids where the height is half the base length. If we want to visualize an actual structure that symbolizes New Jerusalem we should look at a pyramid. But not the Great Pyramid of Khufu. This because it's height is not equal to the base nor is it half the base.

The solution can thus be found at Khufu's father's (Sneferu's) final pyramid. It is called the Red Pyramid and it is located at Dahshur Egypt. According to Josef Dorner's survey the slope of the Red pyramid is 45 degrees. This means that the height is half the base length. We can thus envision the Red pyramid being geometrically mirrored below ground such that a symbolic Jerusalem corresponds to the center of it's base. The width and length of the base are equal and this measure is equal to the total height of the octahedron.

I believe all three shapes (cube, sphere, octahedron) were used to encode information of New Jerusalem.  But one thing that people don't know is that New Jerusalem relates to a place in Greece(Hellas).

So how is the size of New Jerusalem calculated? The diagram below shows the encoding.

https://i.postimg.cc/GmR9gTNQ/New-Jerusalem-Geodesy.jpg

Wikipedia informs us that:

"Since the Earth is flattened at the poles and bulges at the Equator, geodesy represents the figure of the Earth as an oblate spheroid. The oblate spheroid, or oblate ellipsoid, is an ellipsoid of revolution obtained by rotating an ellipse about its shorter axis."

According to Wikipedia:

"Geodetic latitude: the angle between the normal and the equatorial plane. The standard notation in English publications is φ. This is the definition assumed when the word latitude is used without qualification. The definition must be accompanied with a specification of the ellipsoid.

Geocentric latitude: the angle between the radius (from centre to the point on the surface) and the equatorial plane. (Figure below). There is no standard notation: examples from various texts include θ, ψ, q, φ′, φc, φg. This article uses θ.

The definition of geodetic latitude (φ) and geocentric latitude (θ):"

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Geocentric_coords_03.svg/290px-Geocentric_coords_03.svg.png

We consider a sphere with a radius equal to the distance between Jerusalem and the center of the Earth. Using the altitude and the geographical coordinates of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem we compute the radius to be 6,373,014 meters. We consider a cube placed half inside the Earth and the other half outside, such that the base of the cube is parallel to the horizon at Jerusalem. The center of the cube is situated at Jerusalem. If we extend the base of the cube toward the equator of the Earth then we have three possibilities. It might intersect the the equator inside the Earth, it might intersects the extension of the equator outside the Earth, or it can perfectly reach the intersection of the sphere surface and the plane of the equator as shown in the diagram.

If we consider that this third case is what was intended so as to encode the dimensions of the New Jerusalem we can easily trigonometrically compute the size of the cube using the radius of the sphere, and the geocentric latitude(angle) of Jerusalem. From my calculations using on online tool I converted the geodetic latitude of Jerusalem to geodetic latitude and found it to be 31.6065 degrees.  From this information I was able to compute the side of the cube to be equal to 1,890,660 meters. Since this length is defined base on Apostle John's Revelation to be equal to 12,000 stadions, we can compute the size of the stadion to be equal to 157.555 meters. The ancient Itinerary stadion which was in use during John's time is generally given to be between 157.5 and 157.7 meters. 300 late Egyptian royal cubits of size 0.525 meters equal 157.5 meters.

Edited by Spiros

This is the depiction of the size of New Jerusalem if we consider it's shape to be a regular octahedron. In this case it's height is not 12,000 stadions but  rather 16,971 stadions(12,000 stadions multiplied by the square root of 2).  At the bottom is Jerusalem, at the top is Moscow.  

https://i.postimg.cc/tRM9VnpT/Moscow-Jerusalem1.jpg

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,264
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  1

23 minutes ago, OneLight said:

I love the simplicity of scripture.  Revelation 21:16

The city is laid out as a square; its length is as great as its breadth. And he measured the city with the reed: twelve thousand furlongs. Its length, breadth, and height are equal.

With 1 furlong being .125 miles (1/8), 12,000 would be 1500 miles.  Simple enough for me.

If you want a comparison, other than being a sphere rather than a cube, that is about the size of Pluto. I'm assuming that this city is completely supernaturally sustained, because bringing that down to earth might break the planet.

Edited by teddyv
typo
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

6 hours ago, teddyv said:

If you want a comparison, other than being a sphere rather than a cube, that is about the size of Pluto. I'm assuming that this city is completely supernaturally sustained, because bringing that down to earth might break the planet.

Notice that we are not given the dimensions of the new earth, are we.  Nor are we told what the new heavens will be like ... just saying.

• Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, OneLight said:

Notice that we are not given the dimensions of the new earth, are we.  Nor are we told what the new heavens will be like ... just saying.

According to Wikipedia Apostle Luke died at age 84 in Boeotia, according to a "fairly early and widespread tradition". According to Nikephoros Kallistos Xanthopoulos, Greek historian of the 14th century (and others), Luke's tomb was located in Thebes, whence his relics were transferred to Constantinople in the year 357.

Wikipedia informs us that according to ancient Hellenic myth, Thebe, daughter of Asopus and Metope, who was said to have consorted with Zeus. Amphion and Zethus named Boeotian Thebes after her because of their kinship, the twins being sons of her sister Antiope by Zeus.

In Hellenic, 'new earth' as 'ΚΑΙΝΗ ΓΗ' has a isopsephy value of 100, which is equal to the value of "I am Thebe" as 'ΕΙΜΙ Η ΘΗΒΗ'.

ΚΑΙΝΗ ΓΗ = (20+1+10+50+8)+(3+8) = 100

ΕΙΜΙ Η ΘΗΒΗ = (5+10+40+10)+(8)+(9+8+2+8) = 100

But lets consider the new earth to represent like New Jerusalem, a cube. A cube has equal width, length, and height. Thus if each side of the cube is equal to 100 units in length(the value of new earth in Greek), then the volume V of the cube is:

V = 100 x 100 x 100 = 1,000,000

The volume is one million cubic units. So what is 'Celestial Jerusalem', or the 'New Heavens'? The planet distances are one million times larger than the exact dimensions of New Jerusalem.  

Thus, the half diagonal of New Jerusalem encodes the distance between the Earth and planet Saturn.  The diagonal of New Jerusalem encodes the distance between the Earth and planet Uranus. Uranus means heaven in Hellenic. One quarter of the diagonal  of New Jerusalem encodes the distance between the Earth and planet Jupiter. The distance between the earth and these planets changes all the time because they all revolve around the Sun. It is only at certain dates/epochs that the distance matches the New Jerusalem model, either in regards to one planet or multiple ones. The diagram below shows this:

https://i.postimg.cc/ydS9cM5r/cube-3-planets-e.jpg

Revelation 12.14

"And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent."

a time: Saturn

times: Uranus

half a time: Jupiter

Edited by Spiros

13 hours ago, OneLight said:

5 minutes ago, Spiros said:

According to Wikipedia Apostle Luke died at age 84 in Boeotia, according to a "fairly early and widespread tradition". According to Nikephoros Kallistos Xanthopoulos, Greek historian of the 14th century (and others), Luke's tomb was located in Thebes, whence his relics were transferred to Constantinople in the year 357.

Wikipedia informs us that according to ancient Hellenic myth, Thebe, daughter of Asopus and Metope, who was said to have consorted with Zeus. Amphion and Zethus named Boeotian Thebes after her because of their kinship, the twins being sons of her sister Antiope by Zeus.

In Hellenic, 'new earth' as 'ΚΑΙΝΗ ΓΗ' has a isopsephy value of 100, which is equal to the value of "I am Thebe" as 'ΕΙΜΙ Η ΘΗΒΗ'.

ΚΑΙΝΗ ΓΗ = (20+1+10+50+8)+(3+8) = 100

ΕΙΜΙ Η ΘΗΒΗ = (5+10+40+10)+(8)+(9+8+2+8) = 100

But lets consider the new earth to represent like New Jerusalem, a cube. A cube has equal width, length, and height. Thus if each side of the cube is equal to 100 units in length(the value of new earth in Greek), then the volume V of the cube is:

V = 100 x 100 x 100 = 1,000,000

The volume is one million cubic units. So what is 'Celestial Jerusalem', or the 'New Heavens'? The planet distances are one million times larger than the exact dimensions of New Jerusalem.  

Thus, the half diagonal of New Jerusalem encodes the distance between the Earth and planet Saturn.  The diagonal of New Jerusalem encodes the distance between the Earth and planet Uranus. Uranus means heaven in Hellenic. One quarter of the diagonal  of New Jerusalem encodes the distance between the Earth and planet Jupiter. The distance between the earth and these planets changes all the time because they all revolve around the Sun. It is only at certain dates/epochs that the distance matches the New Jerusalem model, either in regards to one planet or multiple ones. The diagram below shows this:

https://i.postimg.cc/ydS9cM5r/cube-3-planets-e.jpg

Revelation 12.14

"And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent."

a time: Saturn

times: Uranus

half a time: Jupiter

Since you quoted me and seem to be responding to that post, tell me what does anything you posted have to do with what I said since it had nothing to do with the false religion you referred to?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,468
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

14 hours ago, OneLight said:

John 14:2 (KJV) In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Mansions might be better translated "rooms." I take scripture to mean, we will not have only glorified bodies, but also our own room in the New Jerusalem. I've wondered why we would want or need our own rooms; privacy, get out of the weather, rest or sleep, entertain, socialize? 

Perhaps I'm misinterpreting the abundance and purpose of the many rooms. I'm sure we will not be floating around on a cloud playing a harp and being idle. We will be worshiping our God and singing praises to Him. I'm sure we will have job assignments and responsibilities and not be confined to the New Jerusalem. 

The new earth's atmosphere will have to be greatly expanded, or we will no longer need oxygen for our glorified bodies; I suspect the latter. Ever ponder those things?

51 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

John 14:2 (KJV) In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Mansions might be better translated "rooms." I take scripture to mean, we will not have only glorified bodies, but also our own room in the New Jerusalem. I've wondered why we would want or need our own rooms; privacy, get out of the weather, rest or sleep, entertain, socialize? 

Perhaps I'm misinterpreting the abundance and purpose of the many rooms. I'm sure we will not be floating around on a cloud playing a harp and being idle. We will be worshiping our God and singing praises to Him. I'm sure we will have job assignments and responsibilities and not be confined to the New Jerusalem. 

The new earth's atmosphere will have to be greatly expanded, or we will no longer need oxygen for our glorified bodies; I suspect the latter. Ever ponder those things?

Yes, pondered them all. 

• I believe Jesus said mansions for a reason.  If they were just rooms, He would of said so.  While Revelation 21 describes the construction of the New Jerusalem, it does not go into details about any mansions.
  • I've often wondered what we will be like in our next life.  How we will travel, speak, work etc.  No answers in scripture that I have found outside of generalities.
  • I've also wondered how large the new earth will need to be in order to fit the 1500 cubic mile city on it.  Will it still rotate as there will be no need for the sun.

Our imagination can go only so far while it can still miss the mark by many miles.  In 1 Corinthians 2:9 we read ...

But as it is written: “Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, OneLight said:

Since you quoted me and seem to be responding to that post, tell me what does anything you posted have to do with what I said since it had nothing to do with the false religion you referred to?

Do you consider the Christian religion o false religion?