• Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,180
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

6 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Yes God is Sovereign over EVERYTHING.

And AFTER the resurrection HE REIGNS OVER ALL because He is Seated at the Right hand of the Father.. (that above proof text quote is poorly chosen).** Those who presume God is not in charge, deny the Divinity of His Majesty on High. His Kingdom always was over ALL THE COSMOS. Those that deny this are in fearful danger...

18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit

“All things under his feet.” Jesus’ enemies, and thus our enemies, lay vanquished in the fight. They have no power over us. And the last enemy to be destroyed is death. Christ has already won the victory over death, but for a while yet, death still takes its toll among us. Yet Christ has taken the sting out of death. On the day when he returns–and that day is coming–on that day death itself will be overthrown once and for all, finally and for good. When it looks like the enemies are winning, when it feels like Jesus has gone on vacation and isn’t caring for you–at those times, remember Ascension Day. Remember that Jesus Christ has won the final victory for us, that he has ascended into heaven and is seated at God’s right hand and that all things have been placed under his feet.

God is ABSOLUTELY SOVEREIGN over EVERYTHING. (The fact that some unbelieving Christians just stay at home is very sad.) The sin of unbelief is what Hebrews is all about. I suggest we read this from time to time.)

Spiritual Wisdom
…20 which He exerted in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly realms, 21 far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. 22 And God put everything under His feet and made Him head over everything

Yes, even powerless believers who prefer to wait.. why the wait? Because of poor teachings and fear of looking silly.

Are there people who still don't believe? If so then this still must be in effect

2 Cor 4:4

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
KJV

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.56
  • Days Won:  12

Just now, enoob57 said:

Are there people who still don't believe? If so then this still must be in effect

2 Cor 4:4

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
KJV

Yes, of course it's still true.  Spiritual blindness is the condition of all natural men, until and unless God, in his sovereignty, grants the grace of enlightenment, through the gospel, by the power of the Holy Spirit.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35

2 minutes ago, David1701 said:

Feel free to demonstrate that your insulting claim is true, by providing actual evidence...

I am not going to be drawn into making this personal as my comment was strictly to the text... 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, David1701 said:

Yes, of course it's still true.  Spiritual blindness is the condition of all natural men, until and unless God, in his sovereignty, grants the grace of enlightenment, through the gospel, by the power of the Holy Spirit.

When God sets up His kingdom He will rule... thus what I have said stands...

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, enoob57 said:

I am not going to be drawn into making this personal as my comment was strictly to the text... 

This is untrue.  Your comment was personal and insulting.  Here it is again, for all to see.

because physically was occurring this idea you are foisting upon the text...  

Do you see that "you"?  That's personal.  Do you see "foisting upon the text"?  That's insulting.  Do you see any evidence for your insult?  No!

I will not stand for lies and false accusations, never mind trying to shift the blame.  It's disgraceful, so stop it now!

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

So, you don't believe that God is reigning now.  Then who is?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

5 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

Yeshua already HAS set up His Kingdom. Those that sit back and wait will not be satisfied since He already gave us our commission.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

Jude 1:12

11 Woe to them! They have traveled the path of Cain; they have rushed headlong into the error of Balaam; they have perished in Korah’s rebellion. 12 These men are hidden reefs in your love feasts, shamelessly feasting with you but shepherding only themselves. They are clouds without water, carried along by the wind; fruitless trees in autumn, twice dead after being uprooted. 13 They are wild waves of the sea, foaming up their own shame; wandering stars, for whom blackest darkness has been reserved forever.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Yeshua already HAS set up His Kingdom. Those that sit back and wait will not be satisfied since He already gave us our commission.

Col 3:1-17

3 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:

6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:

7 In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.

8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.

9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;

10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.

15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
KJV

This is the church age and satan is still the prince of the power of the air...

Eph 2:2-6

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
KJV

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.55
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

1 hour ago, enoob57 said:

Sin is definitely here thus it is not the kingdom of God... for when Jesus was here He said this:

John 18:36

36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
KJV

and as long as sin is permitted God is not ruling over that...

OK--I hear you. Let's look at this for a moment and I have a question.

First, I assume (tell me I am wrong) that you subscribe to the 1000 year earthly millennium that is popular and that at the end of that period, Satan will be loosed and those not loyal to Christ will join Satan in a rebellion against Christ's rod of iron rule.

If this is so, how could there not be sin during this Kingdom reign?

Am I missing something?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1