• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

On 5/19/2021 at 9:42 PM, SweetBabyGirl said:

Should i ignore abusers at work because i don't think reporting them will benefit me as i may get fired or make things worse and i am poor

In the USA people are supposed to report any sexual harassment.  It should be in writing and documented as to when and where it occurred or how often, so a copy can be kept as to when and to whom it was reported.  If nothing is done to stop it you should go to your union if you are a member, or go to his boss with a copy of the report.  The department of labor and industries might help you with this or even your local chamber of commerce might show you where to turn next. They usually mandate training for the company as to the laws and expectations of decorum in the work place.  This puts people on notice that it should be treated seriously.  I have found that men who do this feel vulnerable or threatened by women.  When I was a nurse a couple of men were very suggestive toward me.  I took it as an opportunity to witness them about God's love and forgiveness of sin.  Never heard another word from them. 

United States law recognizes two forms of sexual harassment:[7]

Quid pro quo sexual harassment: an employee is required to tolerate sexual harassment in exchange for employment, a raise or job benefit, or promotion.

Hostile work environment: sexual harassment in the workplace results in an offensive work environment or unreasonably interferes an employee's work performance.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Days Won:  0

18 hours ago, Whyme said:

I think just letting the guy know sexual harassment is wrong might be enough. Just the word alone might remedy the problem.

Assume the worst and prepare for it, then the best is a pleasent surprise.

This poster is frightened of being fired for just mentioning it.

Having evidence of a history of abuse and possible co workers who will support her will make a strong case for her.

Hoping 'might' resolve the problem, it could make it far worse, the what?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.96
  • Days Won:  10

14 hours ago, JohnR7 said:

I remember once a person made a statement about my asian wife that I felt was discriminatory. I asked them about it in a very casual way and they were so sorry and did not have any intention of saying anything that could have been considered to be racist. 

Of course we are always to treat people in a way we would want to be treated. So we should ask ourselves if we did something that others considered to be harassment then how would we want people to approach us about that. I am afraid to do or say something to others that I would not want them to do or say to me. 

We are to "gently reprove" (2Tim2:26) first before we get others involved. In the hope that they will: "come to their senses".  Then if they do not turn away from their sin we are to turn away from them.  If they do not think there is anything wrong with what they are doing then you have every right to have them evaluated. I would think just the threat that they are going to be held accountable would be enough to cause them to stop what they are doing. 

As Christians we are to learn how to use the authority we are given. 

Sounds like you handled the situation properly.

• 5 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

The best way of coping with this is trying to recover the sinner, as Jesus instructed us:

• "Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican." (Mat 18:15-17).

After all, every broken relationship is one less blessing channel (Mat 18:18-20).