How low will the left go?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

Well I don't like Bush, but I also don't hate him either, and I do think it was unwise to invade Iraq at least when we did, but to leave would be totally disasterous.... both for the general population of Iraq, and for our country and the world at large.

Very correct. If we cut and run, the ramifications are simple. The Islamonuts will look at this and say amongst themselves "see there....terrorism indeed does work. Americans and the West don't have the stomach to stand up to us. Now lets continue with Jihad!!!all praise to Allah!!!".

There are some things we could do to shorten this war but it might offend certain Muslim sensitivities. How many of our soldiers have to die before our sensitivities get offended? We can't be double-minded in war. Bashing Bush and the war effort at this point is counter productive. We can sort all of these "fault" issues out after the mission is complete but until then, we are merely fueling the enemy. If we do not unite behind our troops and their mission and give them every tool they need to win this conflict we and our troops will pay a dear price.

This is the danger being imposed on us by the "peace movement" that has attached itself to Mrs. Sheehan's legitimate emotions. (God give her comfort)

Dan

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,264
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

This is where I disagree, for I am starting to hear the same things about Iran that I heard about Iraq before we went there. We do not have the luxury of waiting for this to all be over before we decide on anything. they are sounding like we may well do the same thing again in Iran and I have a right to say no and use Iraq as my reason.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

She blames the world for the death of her son.  He died doing something Honorable.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No she doesn't blame the word, she blames Bush and , presumably, those around him. And I and many others have a lot of sympathy with her plight and admiration for the stance she has taken. What was honourabe abot the invasion of Iraq,tens if not hundreds of thosands dead the infastructre in ruins,Al Qaeda a real presence in the country (ironicaly despite the propogand this was not the case pre-invasion and the country of the verge of colapse. She deserves pryers and support.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1) She came out after meeting with Bush last year in suport of Bush and the war

2) SHe said she had great admiration for him

3) Meets Michael Moore a couple of months ago and her story is published on her website

4) Turns against Bush and claims when she met him he did not console her (in contradiction to what she said after the interview)

5) Now says Bush hasn't met with her thus she's demanding a meeting

6) Calls for America to get out of Iraq (nothing wrong, many people want this)

7) Wants the Jews kicked out of Israel

IT's okay to be upset and mad at Bush for an "unjust" war...it's not okay to go off the deepend and call for the eradication of the Jews from Israel. This liberal poster child is anti-semetic (anything new?)...no wonder you love her so much.

She blames the world for the death of her son.

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

Also, before anyone begins to talk about Iran, we need to handle Iraq first. I will not support a war in Iran unless it is absolutely, 100%, necessary.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

So, what's the IRS going to do to her when she doesn't pay her taxes?

3) Meets Michael Moore a couple of months ago and her story is published on her website

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

SJ, I was not aware she had met with him, that would change much of my thoughts of the situation. Don't keep your eyes on this too close, for Michael is a person used to distract us from the serious goings on in the background. Watch washington closely for this is a sign that there are serious decisions being made that some don't want us to ponder.....

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

I don't see how you can think this if you have been listening to the leaders of the Palestinian movements, for they all say out of Gaza today, Jerusalem tomorrow and into the sea next week......      It is not going to happen the way you speak for the Palestinians themselves will not let it happen.  History has shown it, and their own speech predicts it.........

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes there are vocal Palestinian extremist who favour this approach, and there are equqlly unpleasant Israeli bigots who call for the expulsion of all Arabs from Israel and the occupied territories. Neither approacviableh is one that would bring peace or is even feasable. The creation of a secure Israeli and Palestinian states within,or very close to the 1967 borders is the only real solution to the current problem. By this I mean states whose security is guaranteed by the major world powers; and which are also given a secure economic base.It's a solution the majority of Palestinians and Israelis would live with. It won't please the extremists of any hue, but they feed off extreme situations of injustice and inequality such as those currently facing many Palestinians, and would be marginalised by a just solution. In reality Palestinians and Israelis (even, as we are seeing in these days, hawks like Sharon)are as sensible and pragmatic as any other people if offered a solution that gives them real security and material advantage