• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  13,129
  • Content Per Day:  9.64
  • Days Won:  149

57 minutes ago, LearningToLetGo said:

Do you know of anytime this test has been performed and achieved the desired results? It seems to me that a lying spirit could easily say what we want to hear then continue to steer us down a road to damnation.

Here is the cf for my statement. 

1 John 4:1-5

1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.

A lying spirit will deny the truth about Jesus Christ. They will go so far as to say He was a good man or a prophet. They may speak well of Him but they will deny He was God in the flesh.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

I am also going to echo what Jayne has already posted.

The bible doesn't just instruct us to test the spirits, but to also test what is said and heard against the word of God. The 66 books of the canon gives God's truth in an error-free manner, no other book can claim this. NOT even the apocrypha books. The closed canon (bible) is the final authority to solve all doctrinal and behavioral issues. Therefore, it is of primary importance that we know the extent of Scripture.

Isaiah 8:19,20 (NIV)

19 When someone tells you to consult mediums and spiritists, who whisper and mutter, should not a people inquire of their God? Why consult the dead on behalf of the living? 20 Consult God’s instruction and the testimony of warning. If anyone does not speak according to this word, they have no light of dawn.

Isaiah 8:19,20 (LB)

19 So why are you trying to find out the future by consulting witches and mediums? Don’t listen to their whisperings and mutterings. Can the living find out the future from the dead? Why not ask your God? 20 “Check these witches’ words against the Word of God!” he says. “If their messages are different than mine, it is because I have not sent them; for they have no light or truth in them.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,519
  • Content Per Day:  2.69
  • Days Won:  1

On 5/30/2021 at 11:23 PM, LearningToLetGo said:

How can one tell the difference between a prophet of the LORD and a false prophet, at least in the present moment?

I am of the opinion our Bible is a closed Canon, there will be no further revelation, everything we need is in God's written word. 

Hebrews 1:1 (KJV) God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, 2. Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Then again; is this applicable in the church age? Amos 3:7 (KJV) Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

There are two types of prophets: 1. Thus sayeth the Lord, who directly speaks for the Lord. 2. Prophesize future events.

If I recall correctly, I believe it was Dr. David Reagan who said, he believes there are (were) ten modern day American prophets. I have a lot of respect for Dr. Reagan, but I'm not sure on the subject.

Like was said above, a prophecy from the Lord will be 100% accurate, 100% of the time. Edward Cayce was a spiritualist, bad ju ju. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

You say the bible is a close canon, if so why did us protestants leave out several of the books of the original bible? Not only that what about the errors in the bible, if the bible is God inspired why are there major errors? 

As for Edgar Casey, I find what he was able to do for people pretty amazing. When Jesus was accused of healing by the power of Satan he dealt with that by saying "a house divided will not stand." I understand that to say we must test the fruit that is produced. 

Let me make it clear, I'm a firm believer that Christ is the messiah, that the Holy Spirit works within each of us based on what we need to learn. I just can't buy into believing the bible we have today is completely God inspired due to the errors in it. 

Especially when I look at who produced it and how Christianity was miss represented for so many centuries, by groups like the nights of Templar, the various pope's, and of course the political influences. 

4 hours ago, Blaine01 said:

You say the bible is a close canon, if so why did us protestants leave out several of the books of the original bible? Not only that what about the errors in the bible, if the bible is God inspired why are there major errors?

There is only a couple of places in the bible that cite an outside writing from the biblical writers, and none of those citations by any of the Apostles in the New Testament cite pseudepigrapha or pagan philosophy as scripture.

But they do cite the Old Testament numerous times and use phrases such as “thus says the Lord,” “as it is written,” or “the Scriptures say,” indicating their approval of these books as inspired by God. Any apocrypha books or other pseudepigrapha were in bible times rejected by the Jews as scripture.

And Jesus, Himself, rejected any apocrypha and or pseudepigrapha writings as scripture. He always quoted from the entire accepted Jewish Canon of scripture. Plus, the apocrypha books contain false teachings that contradict the inspired scriptures.

As for Edgar Casey, I find what he was able to do for people pretty amazing.

Satan and his demons can and do give false healing: they can make a person temporarily feel good or reduce their torment and affliction (be it physical, mental or emotional) for a period so as to feed the con.   A person can leave a healing session with a false sense of feeling good or refreshed but then soon afterwards realizes that the problem is NOT solved and has to come back for additional sessions, which is exactly what Satan and his agents want.

And Edgar Cayce, himself experienced false healing with no relief and went back for more paranormal healings from another clairvoyant like himself, dragging him and the other man further and further into quicksand.

Just because he claimed to be a Christian and did his readings for free, does NOT mean his actions were endorsed by God.  You only see  what was reported as healings, but fail to see all the other words and deeds committed by him that are vehemently condemned in Scripture

Matthew 7:21-23

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.  Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’  Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

1 Corinthians 10:21

You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord’s table and the table of demons.

A person that dabbles in occultic and paranormal things can NOT be in fellowship with God. Especially since God, Himself, forbids us to be involved in any way with these things.

• Thumbs Up 1

When Jesus was accused of healing by the power of Satan he dealt with that by saying "a house divided will not stand." I understand that to say we must test the fruit that is produced. 

The Jewish religious leaders accused him of wrongdoing because one, their deeds were evil, and two, they were looking for an excuse to kill him.

Let me make it clear, I'm a firm believer that Christ is the messiah, that the Holy Spirit works within each of us based on what we need to learn. I just can't buy into believing the bible we have today is completely God inspired due to the errors in it. 

A person that does not trust the bible can also be said to not be fully trusting God. Because the bible is God speaking to us, through human writers. God inspired them to write the things they did. He speaks to us in a way that we can understand.

Especially when I look at who produced it and how Christianity was miss represented for so many centuries, by groups like the nights of Templar, the various pope's, and of course the political influences. 

Nothing any of these people did in the past is an excuse, nor can any of us .... use what other people do today as an excuse to do what we know is blatantly wrong.    In the following verse, Jesus wasn't speaking of little kids, but children of the Lord.

A person that does not trust the bible can also be said to not be fully trusting God. Because the bible is God speaking to us, through human writers. God inspired them to write the things they did. He speaks to us in a way that we can understand.

Matthew 18:6

“If anyone causes one of these little ones—those who believe in me—to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.

What the above verse is saying is....  that a person who leads another that trusts Jesus to stop trusting him and fall away from the faith has committed an exceedingly grave sin.

I didn't say I didn't trust what Christ said. My point that hasn't been addressed is why are there errors in the bible if it was God inspired. You say we are not responsible for what other did during the dark ages, but those are the same people that gave us the bible we have today, and also refuse to let the world see the letters that were rejected in the new testament. 

Based on the above responses it is obvious haven't studied Edgar Casey, yes he is unorthodox but let's face it what we consider orthodox is what the Catholic church wanted us to have and their purposes included political manipulation and manipulation of their followers. 

We now know they lied through their teeth regarding the Gnostic Christians that they murdered with the help of the nights of Templar. 

The bible is critically important to all Christians, it just has some errors and I just can't believe God authored those errors. 

As for Mathew 18:6, what is your point? I'm not teaching anyone, just asking questions.   

Edited by Blaine01

On 6/4/2021 at 7:56 AM, Jayne said:

Hello Blaine01 - 

The original canon?  Protestants "did" something to it?  Could you elaborate?

You haven't noticed the Catholic bible has more books than the protestant bible. Guess we didn't like some of  their books so we just through them out. I could give you a list if you want. 

Do you realize that the Catholics had over three hundred letters that were considered for the New Testament. They refuse to share them with the world. Wouldn't you love to see what they have hidden from us? 

Our bible introduces us to Jesus Christ and the way of salvation, that is without question. John 3:16 covers it pretty well. 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,828
  • Content Per Day:  1.29

2 hours ago, Blaine01 said:

You haven't noticed the Catholic bible has more books than the protestant bible. Guess we didn't like some of  their books so we just through them out. I could give you a list if you want. 

Do you realize that the Catholics had over three hundred letters that were considered for the New Testament. They refuse to share them with the world. Wouldn't you love to see what they have hidden from us? 

Our bible introduces us to Jesus Christ and the way of salvation, that is without question. John 3:16 covers it pretty well. 

Yes, I have noticed that the Catholic Bible contains an extra section called the Apocrypha.  I've read those 14 books.  They, in part, contradict scriptures.  They are not holy writ.

The Hebrews closed THEIR canon without them. Their canon is the same as our Old Testament.  Those books were written in intertestamental period [the 400 years between the Old and New Testament].

Those were what we call silent years. Books written at those times were not  part of the Hebrew scriptures and not part of God's  Word.

Protestants did not throw them out.  They were never part of God's Word.

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

On 5/30/2021 at 8:45 PM, Blaine01 said:

Thank you all for your responses. Yes the first name was mistaken, it is Edgar Casey. As stated above a prophet is proven to be a false prophet based on inaccuracies, from what I have read no inaccuracies have been attributed to him. He never claimed to be a psychic, his claim was he had access to the hall of records in heaven, I do find that difficult to believe though. 

Also what he did for people was never greed based by him, so it is obvious his intent was to help others. Many of his comments advised people to pray often. 

Again, thanks for the responses. 

This man is not only evil, he has led many others astray to seek to communicate with the dead and other evil practices.  Considering how accepted the occult has become since the 60s, I am appalled that any genuine Christian would even consider condoning Casey or any other person that would presume to call himself a Christian and continue to practice the occult.  It is an abomination.  We are told to choose you this day who you will serve.  We can't serve the occult (satan) and God.

• This is Worthy 1