• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, Hopefully said:

I give and yet God blesses me with a return anyway.

How do u get money without working or doing business ?

Did anybody knock ur door bringing the money reward from God ? "Hey this is the money reward from God for ur charity".

People shud not expect prosperity to come by giving donation as thats not a cheerful giver.

Edited by R. Hartono

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

Hartono,

That is not Daily verse and quote was implying.  Perhaps a paraphrase will help you here. Read both versions.

2 Corinthians 8:8 tru 15 (LB)

8This is one way to prove that your love is real, that it goes beyond mere words.

9 You know how full of love and kindness our Lord Jesus was: though he was so very rich, yet to help you he became so very poor, so that by being poor he could make you rich.

10 I want to suggest that you finish what you started to do a year ago, for you were not only the first to propose this idea, but the first to begin doing something about it. 11 Having started the ball rolling so enthusiastically, you should carry this project through to completion just as gladly, giving whatever you can out of whatever you have. Let your enthusiastic idea at the start be equalled by your realistic action now. 12 If you are really eager to give, then it isn’t important how much you have to give. God wants you to give what you have, not what you haven’t.

13 Of course, I don’t mean that those who receive your gifts should have an easy time of it at your expense, 14 but you should divide with them. Right now you have plenty and can help them; then at some other time they can share with you when you need it. In this way, each will have as much as he needs. 15 Do you remember what the Scriptures say about this? “He that gathered much had nothing left over, and he that gathered little had enough.” So you also should share with those in need.

2 Corinthians 8: 8 thru 15 (NIV)

8 I am not commanding you, but I want to test the sincerity of your love by comparing it with the earnestness of others. 9 For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich.

10 And here is my judgment about what is best for you in this matter. Last year you were the first not only to give but also to have the desire to do so. 11 Now finish the work, so that your eager willingness to do it may be matched by your completion of it, according to your means. 12 For if the willingness is there, the gift is acceptable according to what one has, not according to what one does not have.

13 Our desire is not that others might be relieved while you are hard pressed, but that there might be equality. 14 At the present time your plenty will supply what they need, so that in turn their plenty will supply what you need. The goal is equality, 15 as it is written: “The one who gathered much did not have too much, and the one who gathered little did not have too little.”

4 minutes ago, appy said:

Hartono,

That is not Daily verse and quote was implying.  Perhaps a paraphrase will help you here. Read both versions.

2 Corinthians 8:8 tru 15 (LB)

8This is one way to prove that your love is real, that it goes beyond mere words.

9 You know how full of love and kindness our Lord Jesus was: though he was so very rich, yet to help you he became so very poor, so that by being poor he could make you rich.

10 I want to suggest that you finish what you started to do a year ago, for you were not only the first to propose this idea, but the first to begin doing something about it. 11 Having started the ball rolling so enthusiastically, you should carry this project through to completion just as gladly, giving whatever you can out of whatever you have. Let your enthusiastic idea at the start be equalled by your realistic action now. 12 If you are really eager to give, then it isn’t important how much you have to give. God wants you to give what you have, not what you haven’t.

13 Of course, I don’t mean that those who receive your gifts should have an easy time of it at your expense, 14 but you should divide with them. Right now you have plenty and can help them; then at some other time they can share with you when you need it. In this way, each will have as much as he needs. 15 Do you remember what the Scriptures say about this? “He that gathered much had nothing left over, and he that gathered little had enough.” So you also should share with those in need.

2 Corinthians 8: 8 thru 15 (NIV)

8 I am not commanding you, but I want to test the sincerity of your love by comparing it with the earnestness of others. 9 For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich.

10 And here is my judgment about what is best for you in this matter. Last year you were the first not only to give but also to have the desire to do so. 11 Now finish the work, so that your eager willingness to do it may be matched by your completion of it, according to your means. 12 For if the willingness is there, the gift is acceptable according to what one has, not according to what one does not have.

13 Our desire is not that others might be relieved while you are hard pressed, but that there might be equality. 14 At the present time your plenty will supply what they need, so that in turn their plenty will supply what you need. The goal is equality, 15 as it is written: “The one who gathered much did not have too much, and the one who gathered little did not have too little.”

Thanks Appy i think the OP shud read ur explanation because how can we be a cheerful giver by quoting verses of prosperity ?

Paul gathered donation from gentiles church for the church in Jerusalem whom he called the saints, they were not rich ! Did they never give or donate anything ? 

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

I think you misunderstand the posts themselves... the first paragraph is scripture;  The next paragraph is a worldly quote in contrast to the biblical teaching

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, R. Hartono said:

How do u get money without working or doing business ?

Everything I have comes from God. 

““And why do you worry about clothes? Look at the wildflowers in the field. See how they grow. They don’t work or make clothes for themselves. But I tell you that even Solomon, the great and rich king, was not dressed as beautifully as one of these flowers.

If God makes what grows in the field so beautiful, what do you think he will do for you? It’s just grass—one day it’s alive, and the next day someone throws it into a fire. But God cares enough to make it beautiful. Surely he will do much more for you. Your faith is so small!

“Don’t worry and say, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear?’ That’s what those people who don’t know God are always thinking about. Don’t worry, because your Father in heaven knows that you need all these things. What you should want most is God’s kingdom and doing what he wants you to do. Then he will give you all these other things you need.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭6:28-33‬ ‭

Edited by Hopefully

22 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Your faith is so small!

“Don’t worry and say, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear?’ That’s what those people who don’t know God are always thinking about. Don’t worry, because your Father in heaven knows that you need all these things. What you should want most is God’s kingdom and doing what he wants you to do. Then he will give you all these other things you need.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭6:28-33‬ ‭

Please don't quote prosperity verses to persuade people to donate money. The poor widow in Jerusalem who gave more than the rich only gave 2 coins n remain poor, this has been abused by prosperity preacher who swallowed houses of orphans n widows.

When i donate i consider it a loss alrdy because i don't expect Fortune must come as my reward. It has nothing to do with my faith big or small.

46 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Everything I have comes from God. 

Amen.

But How do u take conclusion that God has rewarded you with prosperity in respond to ur donation ? How do people get money if  they don't do business or work ? 

Paul worked as tent maker n he also suppprted some Christian brothers, why did he suffer from hunger many Times n cold from lack of clothing ?

Paul refused to eat bread without paying, he didnt swallow the houses of widows n orphans like the pharisees did.

Edited by R. Hartono

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I really struggle with the issue of giving.

God is challenging me in this area of my life.

I want to give to God's works.

Please pray for me!

Guest clancy

There is “ GREAT” Joy in giving, that JOY, comes from the Lord....

Everything I have, belongs to God, my son belongs to God, he gifted / blessed him to me 35 yrs ago.....?

Both our lives were in danger at the time of his birth....God was in the situation and saved our lives.

Edited by clancy

• Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,868
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

On 6/13/2021 at 1:31 AM, Daily verse and quote said:

But God has not called us to give to others just so we could end up poor, also.

NO! God has promised to multiply what we give, so we will have more to give in the future.

Unknown

this part is interesting i like it, are those your words or unknown, seems similar to Luke 18:29/30,