Guest Gladiator4God

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  0

:rofl: Theres a few stores in my town that really do have hitching posts...right by a spicket with a big bucket incase your ride needs a drink.

And the walmart that is Fremont, about 25 or so miles from me has special covered "parking" areas for the horses and their little buggy's too. There is a large amish population in Fremont so most of the stores parking have accomadated them.

Love and Blessings,

Angel

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

:laugh:  Theres a few stores in my town that really do have hitching posts...right by a spicket with a big bucket incase your ride needs a drink. 

And the walmart that is Fremont, about 25 or so miles from me has special covered "parking" areas for the horses and their little buggy's too.  There is a large amish population in Fremont so most of the stores parking have accomadated them.

Love and Blessings,

Angel

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haha! That's cool! I'm suprised there aren't more towns that have that stuff in the area where my Bible College is...there's a large population of Hutterites around there.

• Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

Just a note...if you want your vehicle to run more efficiently, make sure you keep up with the maintenance. I've just been reading an article about how keeping your car in shape can reduce fuel consumption. You can google it if you want. It listed some good things to consider:

- A misfiring spark plug can reduce fuel efficiency as much as 30 percent.

- Check your tires for proper inflation. Under inflation wastes fuel -- your engine has to work harder to push the vehicle. Wheels that are out-of-line (as evidenced by uneven tread wear or vehicle pulling) make the engine work harder, too. Properly maintained tyres will last longer, meaning fewer scrap tires have to be disposed. Every ten days, motorists who drive with under-inflated tyres and poorly maintained engines waste millions of litres of fuel.

- Remove excess items from the vehicle. Less weight means better mileage. Store luggage/cargo in the boot rather than on the roof to reduce air drag.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

My husband and I own our own landscaping and lawn care business. The gas prices are just devastating us. We have yearly contracts with businesses and can't adjust our prices to cover the cost of fuel. We spend about $300 a WEEK on gas. We drive several miles a day and have to pull an equipment trailer so we get lousy gas mileage. We just don't know what we can do. We're trying to help put our son through college, he's in his 4th year at UF. It looks like macaroni and cheese and hot dogs for awhile. Please pray for us. And those who are struggling.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

- Remove excess items from the vehicle. Less weight means better mileage

But I have to be IN the car to drive it :noidea: Just kidden' :wub:

All good tips, thank you :laugh:

Love and Blessings,

Angel

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

I have NOT read this topic...I admit. I just jumped in here at the end.

It's over $2.50 per gallon (Florida).

It's beginning to hurt REAL bad. So much for the argument that we went to war in Iraq for it's oil.... :laugh:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

I have NOT read this topic...I admit. I just jumped in here at the end.

It's over  $2.50 per gallon  (Florida).

It's beginning to hurt REAL bad. So much for the argument that we went to war in Iraq for it's oil....  :laugh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Doesn't the president have interests in the oil industry? Who's raking in all the dough from this petro-piracy? :laugh:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,091
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

It looks like macaroni and cheese and hot dogs for awhile.

I remember eating that pretty much for every lunch and dinner during the summer of '82. I was in 4th grade at the time and went back east to visit my grandparents.

Mac & Cheese + hotdogs isn't too bad when you're 9. :blink:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  08/27/1959

All I can say is giddyup Wind dancer, Corkey and Blazer. That way my "gas" will not cost more than a bale of hay and a quart of oats to run my vehicle lol.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,265
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Just a note...if you want your vehicle to run more efficiently, make sure you keep up with the maintenance. I've just been reading an article about how keeping your car in shape can reduce fuel consumption. You can google it if you want. It listed some good things to consider:

- A misfiring spark plug can reduce fuel efficiency as much as 30 percent.

- Check your tires for proper inflation. Under inflation wastes fuel -- your engine has to work harder to push the vehicle. Wheels that are out-of-line (as evidenced by uneven tread wear or vehicle pulling) make the engine work harder, too. Properly maintained tyres will last longer, meaning fewer scrap tires have to be disposed. Every ten days, motorists who drive with under-inflated tyres and poorly maintained engines waste millions of litres of fuel.

- Remove excess items from the vehicle. Less weight means better mileage. Store luggage/cargo in the boot rather than on the roof to reduce air drag.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just a note on the spark pluggs, The new electronic ignition systems on modern cars will compensate for spark plugg wear. Because of this, it is just as important to change the plugg wires as it is to change the plugs. Sometimes the wires will not last as long as the plugs do. It really can cut your milage 25 to 30 percent before it gets to the point that it cuts out or just won't start.

se