• Group:  Soapbox - Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/11/1932

Are those that speak against the pre-tribulation rapture in more trouble than they would suspect?

Will only those who look for Him see Him when He appears at the Rapture of the Church?

Heb 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Mat 8:13 And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour.

Luk 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Mar 13:33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.

Can mid and post-tribulation proponents pray for what they do not believe?

2Ti 4:8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Rev. 4:1 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven

• 2 months later...
Guest Greg G.
Will only those who look for Him see Him when He appears at the Rapture of the Church?
God bless ya Old Timer,

Tell me, what is the most oft given command given to the believer by Jesus in the gospels? I've asked a great many people and have recieved only one correct response,(which might show just what day were living in if you think about it)

• Group:  Soapbox - Members
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  02/11/1932

God bless ya Old Timer,

Tell me, what is the most oft given command given to the believer by Jesus in the gospels? I've asked a great many people and have recieved only one correct response,(which might show just what day were living in if you think about it)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good question. Is this it?

John 13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Probably this:

Matthew 24:42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

Edited by Old Timer

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  498
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/25/1949

Many times since my salvation(32 years ago now!) I have asked :"Why hasn't The Lord Who so gloriously saved me,taken me up to heaven immediately after believing Him and being saved?" :39: I mean,it might sound a puerile question,but from my point of view ,a good one.

yeah,because He saved me when I was so blind of Him and so far from Him and so oblivious of Him,that when He came into my life,great and marvellous things happened,and I can honestly say that I was walking in heaven,completely transformed and full of joy and power,I thought that the "honey moon" with Jesus would never cease and that from one moment to another I would be transported,translated in heaven,like Enoch,like Elijah,in the power of His Holy Spirit!!!

But no,I had to stay here and I am still here.... :41:

Man,it is hard here!!! it is so tough,to be always tempted,still in conflicts with the forces of evil and with sin..it is TOUGH!!!

GOD IS MARVELLOUS,yeah,HE IS..but down here it is tough!!!

Am I complaining,am I doubting God's goodness and wisdom?

No! I wouldn't dare,He is perfect and His ways are perfect,and the soonest the believer discovers that the best it is!

I am only considering that being in Romans 7...it is tough,thank God for Romans 8!!!! :emot-highfive:

So,the hope of the pretrib rapture,the blessed hope of being rescued by Jesus,it is one of the greatest comforts I can find in the Book. :)

Many people accuse the pretrib christians of "escapism"...of being "cowards"..of trying to skip by via of the rapture,the inevitable ills of life,expecially the terrible persecutions and horrible things that will be happening in the second half of the great tribulation,thanks to mr.Antichrist,The false prophets and their allies!!!

So,many peole are "ready" to be martyrs,to suffer persecutions and even to go and be beheaded for Jesus!

Well,it is my opinion,take it as such,that these dear believers,haven't got the palest idea of how horrible it is going to be!!! and trying to compare that period to other periods of persecution of the church in the centuries past or even now in antichristian countries,it is WRONG cause JESUS said that THE GREAT TRIBULATION will be a period of unparalled sufference like NEVER BEFORE in HISTORY and NEVER AGAIN to BE REPEATED,and that HE WILL SHORTEN the days because of the elects,otherwise NO FLESH WOULD SURVIVE that terrible terrible future ordeal!!!!

So,call me an escapist,call me a coward,I am happy to escape it!!!!

I sincerely think that we don't need other heroes BUT JESUS!!!

I sincerely think that if we keep the FAITH NOW it IS THE GRACE of GOD! THE GRACE OF GOD +NOTHING!!!!

if I stand now,if I can do something now for His glory,IT IS ALL BECAUSE OF HIS GRACE,it is ALL BECAUSE OF JESUS...and not because I am such a"mature,grounded believer"!!!

I have to face now,great temptations and test,just like every day.....I haven'ty reached now the stature of great men of God like Peter or Paul or James etc....

And they themselves ALWAYS attributed the victory to Christ ,anyway!!!!

Paul didn't brag,neither flaunted some SUPERSAINT kind of attitude!

HE ALWAYS had it clear,that VICTORY is BY GRACE,BY FAITH IN HIM,JESUS,HIS WORD,HIS SPIRIT and if I can add HIS MERCY,for us,me,DUST SAINTS!!!(Ps 103)

So,if the Lord keeps me on this planet,I pray He will use me for His glory,somehow,and will be patient and merciful to me ,dust saint,and that eventually if not by death,will take into HIS MARVELLOUS presence,BY RAPTURE!!!

Oh YES,I pray for that so much,and I pray to ESCAPE all the terrible sufference...and guess what?I believe that He'll do it when HE wants and that settles me and gives me rest.

Otherwise,if I should rely on my personal holiness and power,well,lets forget it!!!'

I look for the PRETRIB RAPTURE,for me,for you and for ALL HIS PEOLE,and I pray that will be in my life time,yes,I pray that and then the AC and his people,can have it all until HE and us WITH HIM comes back and kicks the old snake where he belongs!!!

COME LORD JESUS,COME!!!

MARANATHA!!!! :9::36::)

• Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

Guest Greg G.
Good question. Is this it?

John 13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Probably this:

Matthew 24:42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

Your right it's watch and wait. What would be the point, if there were a mid or post trib rapture, as you quoted,"for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come".

It always amazes me when believers tell me things the Lord said we weren't going to know! That a defence of the pre-trib position is necessary at all is a fullfillment of scripture all of itself, " Where is the promise of his comming?" One is reminded of the Lords first comming, and how the people who should have been the first to see it, never saw it at all, because they thought they had it all figured out.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  328
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Maranatha!

Look at every wannabe AC in history... Nero, Hitler, etc.

Why do you think they all failed and fell? The answered prayers of the Church pulled the idol thrones right out from under them!

There is no telling how great a part prayer played in WWII alone. Hitler made stupid mistakes. He could have won, folks, but he goofed up at exactly the right moments.

If the Church were here during the Tribulation, the AC couldn't do everything he's going to do, because we would pray him to his knees.

Unless I'm wrong. :24:

In Him,

NF

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  09/16/1955

Brad

It is unfortunate that some have defined this word

• 5 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  02/25/1962

I don't know how many times i have presented the definition of the word{KEEP} in these passages of scripture BUT NO ONE has EVER yet RESponded to REfute that definition....WHY IS THAT ?? CANNOT YOU'ALL FACE THE TRUTH OF THAT DEFINITION??.??

Edited by spiritman

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

The word "keep" Doesn't mean KEEP IN it means keep out or else Rev. 3:10-11 would sound like this:

Rev. 3:10-11 - "Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, your reward will be that i will keep you in hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth, i thought you would enjoy that reward"

The real verse is:

Rev. 3:10-11 - "Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth.