• Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

-(from Vine's Expository Dictionary of Biblical Words, Copyright

• 1 month later...
Guest LCPGUY
erased

I asked Brad this question, but never got a reply, so I'll ask it here in the hope that someone may know.

Why are all of Brad's posts erased above the, what appears to be, the signature line?

John

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

I believe that this was done by Brad himself, and he would have to be the one to give his reasoning for it.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

When the end comes, only one thing will matter: Either you're saved, or you're not. I'm not going to wear myself out with this kind of thing.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hummingbird

Sombody may have already done this, I haven't read all the posts, so am not sure.

But you all got me interested in the actual meaning of the word "keep" so I looked it up in my "WordWeb" and found the following:

Word Web's definintions of "keep"

noun; keep

1.The financial means whereby one lives

2.The main tower within the walls of a medieval castle or fortress

3.A cell in a jail or prison

verb; keep

1.Keep in a certain state, position, or activity; e.g., "keep clean"

2.Continue a certain state, condition, or activity

3.Retain possession of

4.Prevent from doing something or being in a certain state

5.Conform one's action or practice to

6.Observe correctly or closely

7.Look after; be the keeper of; have charge of

8.Maintain by writing regular records

9.Supply with room and board

10.Allow to remain in a place or position

11.Supply with necessities and support

12.Fail to spoil or rot

13.Celebrate, as of holidays or rites

14.Keep under control; keep in check

15.Maintain in safety from injury, harm, or danger

16.Raise

17.Retain rights to

18.Store or keep customarily

19.Have as a supply

20.Maintain for use and service

21.Hold and prevent from leaving

22.Prevent from rotting, as of foods

Some very interesting insight here!

You've all sure got me to thinking... :):)

Loving Jesus, Loving you, :hug:

Judy

Guest shekel

Some of us think we know when the rapture will occur, but we must be careful. Read the book of the gospel of John. This gospel is especially prophetic in scope and should be read in association with the book of Revelation, which was also written (under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit) by the same Apostle John.

In that book we see a pattern: the people had many confused ideas of when, who, and where the Messiah would be when He came. It grieved Jesus greatly. I am certain that the same spurious ideas passed on as fact will be the case in these last days---and indeed is currently the case. This is not to say that we are totally out to lunch---but that we are in error just enough to mess us up at key points (such as the timing of the rapture?) :t2:

I know by revelation (doesn't matter if you believe me!) that the whole end-time scenario will be vastly more complex than realized. Men who have been taught by God will perceive much and others less so. But that doesn't matter since we are a body. But the angels know and the devils know and are terrified to the point of being thrown off balance and end up attacking one another. "God is a man of war," it says in the song of Moses after the Red Sea crossing (when Pharaoh went down like a rock.) I have learned to realize that much of the bible is written for the sake of angelic beings far superior than us in intelligence. They are watching God's word being fulfilled day by day and are awe-struck! This is why we should praise Him even when only our spirit senses what God is doing but not so much our puny brains.

• Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings All,

In Regards to Rev 3:10, the following comes from sager minds than I have and each one is worth reading.

Matthew Henry

Greetings All,

In regards to the Parable of the 10 virgins, first I must insist that it is a "parable", but what does it portend? With our "human" mentality, we often gauge events according to the clock. Today we have an End Times Clock that secular scientists have developed and they are constantly updating it to reflect the events of our time. I think today we might be at 10 minutes to midnight. Sometimes this clock is rolled back, sometimes it inches forward. Perhaps you young ones on the forum have not heard of it, but I suspect most of the oldsters have.

Well, it was much the same as in the days Jesus spoke this parable. We can draw through the parable the "significant time" of the Lord's return, but it is in accordance with God's clock and not man's. Right up to the very minute of the Lord's second coming, we can see that people can still be saved. The 5 foolish virgins COULD HAVE gotten more oil, but chose not to. And at the Bridegroom's coming, both the foolish and the wise virgins are dealt with. Please note this verse:

Mat 25:12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

Where do we hear that? How about:

Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

This tells of the Judgment that is to come at the end of this age. So the taking of the bride along with the rejection of the foolish occurs WHEN the Lord returns. The point of the parable is "to be ready", NOT whether or not the rapture will keep anyone from the tribulation which is to come. I must point out to you that there are MULTITUDES BEYOND COUNT from every nation, tribe and tongue that shall GO THROUGH THE GREAT TRIBULATION and will be saved. If the pre-trib rapture were correct based on the Parable of the 10 virgins, then HOW can anyone get saved during that terrible time? Now again, I present to you the commentaries of several expositors that are much wiser than I:

Albert Barnes' Notes on the Bible - Albert Barnes (1798-1870)

Mat 25:13 -

Watch, therefore ... - This is the scope or design of the whole parable. This is the great truth that Christ wished to inculcate, and all parts of the parable are to be interpreted in reference to this admonition. Like the virgins, many are professedly going to meet the Bridegroom - the Lord Jesus Christ. Like the coming of the bridegroom, his advent will be sudden. It will be to many at an unexpected time. Many, even professing Christians, will be engaged in the business of the world; thoughtless about eternity; not expecting his approach, and not prepared. They will only profess to know him, but in works they will deny him. So death will come. All approaches of the Son of God to judge men are sudden, and to many unexpected. So many, when they shall see him coming, at death or the judgment, will begin, like the foolish virgins, to be active, and to prepare to die; but it will be too late. They that are ready will enter in, and heaven will be closed forever against all others. The

Greetings All,

In regards to Mt. 24:36 here are some commentaries for your digestion:

Matthew Henry