• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  104
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Riverwalker said:

Remember when people are complaining about us "shoving Jesus down their throat" all they really want is for you to shut up and let them continue in their ignorance.  This is something we cannot do

Riverwalker, agree with ya. Persecution comes in many forms and you just described one of the most insidious forms of persecution. To get a Christian to "doubt" their commitment to Christ and halt their obedience of witnessing Him to others. Candor does mitigate this form of persecution and experience in methods of entering into an opportunity to witness Christ, also reduces this form of persecution. If there is opportunity, fellowship with the person and gain trust. Jesus sat with sinners and got to know them more and this opened more opportunity to speak/teach about the consequence of sin.

Also, we cannot forget about the "dusting off of one's footware" either. So there is always that too. Paul was even turned away from witnessing Christ in a region of Asia and had to terminate his pursuit of that mission. The Holy Spirit must be listened too.

Being a watchman is tough and requires faith to be strong, especially in the face of persecution of all forms.

Edited by Slug1
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

God declares the end from the beginning. He has all the plans but we have a choice if we want to follow Him and His plan or not. I had a dream about falling in the abyss when I was 8 years old. I do not remember God using anyone to show me anything. He told me Himself for the most part.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

10 minutes ago, JohnR7 said:

God declares the end from the beginning. He has all the plans but we have a choice if we want to follow Him and His plan or not. I had a dream about falling in the abyss when I was 8 years old. I do not remember God using anyone to show me anything. He told me Himself for the most part.  

Romans 10:

. 13 For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

14 How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,275
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Riverwalker said:

I am seeing a reading a lot of people saying that we should not "rile up" the lost. That we have  to be socially responsible and allow people to be who they are.  To love them, but don't offend them or tell them their choices are not viable or acceptable to God*

I say, Riverwalker, are you trying to start some trouble here,  riling up members and perhaps creating a little guilt?
Shouldn't you be a little more responsible/considerate in your posts? Well, press on, and give me some prodding on my backside. Anything that may help enable a lost sinner to receive the light of the gospel is worthwhile. And it is not a silver tongue touchy feely approach that will save, it is the words of the good news. And they will get riled up and perhaps hate you, as you are losing their excuse of not having heard. Ask a missionary what they go through daily, if not death.
I do not need anyone's permission to share the gospel. Just their prayers.
We should be courteous and respectful to everybody lost/saved. If someone is offended when I share the word, (lost/saved), I pray it is not me that offends but the truth of God's word that offends. (I was offended to first hear this truth when I was lost)
On the flip side, I am not surprised if someone is offended by the word, because it is supposed to, as it is sharper than a two edge sword, and cuts deep. Truth can hurt lost/saved. I do not expect the lost to behave as someone who has truly experienced forgiveness of sins by God. I was lost once, and didn't tolerate preachers in my face. We are to be wise as serpents but harmless.
On your earlier thread Riverwalker you talked about receiving joy.
I say there is no greater joy than to witness the birth of a child of God.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

2 minutes ago, Sower said:

I say, Riverwalker, are you trying to start some trouble here,  riling up members and perhaps creating a little guilt?
Shouldn't you be a little more responsible/considerate in your posts? Well, press on, and give me some prodding on my backside. Anything that may help enable a lost sinner to receive the light of the gospel is worthwhile. And it is not a silver tongue touchy feely approach that will save, it is the words of the good news. And they will get riled up and perhaps hate you, as you are losing their excuse of not having heard. Ask a missionary what they go through daily, if not death.
I do not need anyone's permission to share the gospel. Just their prayers.
We should be courteous and respectful to everybody lost/saved. If someone is offended when I share the word, (lost/saved), I pray it is not me that offends but the truth of God's word that offends. (I was offended to first hear this truth when I was lost)
On the flip side, I am not surprised if someone is offended by the word, because it is supposed to, as it is sharper than a two edge sword, and cuts deep. Truth can hurt lost/saved. I do not expect the lost to behave as someone who has truly experienced forgiveness of sins by God. I was lost once, and didn't tolerate preachers in my face. We are to be wise as serpents but harmless.
On your earlier thread Riverwalker you talked about receiving joy.
I say there is no greater joy than to witness the birth of a child of God.

No greater joy indeed

Hey if I put felt covering on my horns can this bull come into the china shop?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,275
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Riverwalker said:

No greater joy indeed

Hey if I put felt covering on my horns can this bull come into the china shop?

Hasn't stopped you before, why stop now. Keep on keeping on, brother.
Let the chips fall where they may.

I remember some great teacher once said,

"Don't sweat the small stuff, and its all small stuff" ......default_cool2.gif.5eb94f81ae1c931a893b59df16a39297.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

4 hours ago, Riverwalker said:

14 How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? 

Preaching the good news and convicting people of their sin is not the same thing. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

When required, I simply tell the truth.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

It is true that as believers, we carry an offensive message; no doubt about that. But we do NOT need to carry our offensive message “offensively”. Yes, unbeliever's need to know what sin is and what it is not, but our “message” should not be all law, judgment, and condemnation before they can see and taste God's goodness and what God has in store for them.

When we try to change an unbeliever's morals, Instead of letting the Holy Spirit change their hearts from within. They are more likely to give a false confession of faith just to get the admonisher off their back. If they don't truly believe in their heart, the confession of faith is empty because they don't truly believe.

This doesn't have anything to do with coddling them and giving their sins a nod of approval. It is NOT our job to convict people of sin, and change their moral views. It is also NOT our job to attempt to keep unbelievers from sinning, either. That is the job of the Holy Spirit.

It is important to choose our words and actions with care and compassion, so that they can see a side of Christianity they've never experienced. The message is the same for homosexuals as it is for anyone else. That God loved them, so much He sent His only-begotten Son, Jesus Christ, to suffer and die for them! So they could have forgiveness and eternal life with Him in heaven. That Jesus had not stayed in the grave after his death, but had risen from the dead!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Thanks 1