• Days Won:  0

Lol are we the whole loaf?

Ps 139:23,24

Search me, O God, and know my heart;

Try me, and know my anxieties;

And see if there is any wicked way in me,

And lead me in the way everlasting.

1 John 1:7

If we say that we have no sin, we decieve ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

We are also called to:

Rev 18:4

Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you recieve of her plagues.

Pretty heavy, eh? :unsure:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

This is my prayer too!

Amen!

Search me, O God, and know my heart;

Try me, and know my anxieties;

And see if there is any wicked way in me,

And lead me in the way everlasting.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Wow. This is an old chestnut and goes round and around. The way I see it is that there are two kinds of christians. Those who are spirit-filled and those who are not. The ones who are filled are like the five wise virgins and are home and hosed. Those who are not spirit-filled are like the five foolish virgins and are locked out. Just like the man who would'nt wear the right gear to the wedding, and the servant who didn't increase his talents[sp] and were thrown out into the darkness etc. Maybe they are still saved,but miss out on the rewards such as reigning with Christ during the millenion. Well that's the way I see it as far as my study goes at the present, but I haven't finished yet. in Christ.....eric.

Guest shadow2b
One Accord you said "The article I posted is trying to show that it is happening RIGHT NOW! to the whole loaf"

Lol are we the whole loaf?

But I do agree with you! The falling away is happening now, because when the rapture happen ALL christian will be gone and the ones saved during the tribulation will face persecution.

Angels

ANGELS-----HOW can anyone in the tribulation be saved "IF" as the great EScape THeologians PROclaim that the CHURCH & the HOLY-SPIRIT [resident IN the church] are REmoved [Raptured] from the tribulation period??.?? Since only the HOLY-SPIRIT can "CALL" the sinner to JESUS,WHO is doing the "calling" IN the tribulation??--------JUST logical questions------I hope--------shadow-gem2b{Gary}--

:baa: :alien: :baa:

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Aaaahhh a good question, Gary me old mate. As I understand Jesus is coming back for the saints, ie His bride, ie the church, which the Holy Spirit is part and parcel of. SOoooo the saints go with Jesus, the church goes with Jesus, so the Holy Spirit must go as well. Who is going to tell these pour christians, who didn't make the cut and get left behind, about salvation? No Holy Spirit, No hope. Well that's the way I see that scenario. Hey have a blessed day and love to Patsy. eric

Guest shadow2b
Aaaahhh a good question, Gary me old mate. As I understand Jesus is coming back for the saints, ie His bride, ie the church, which the Holy Spirit is part and parcel of. SOoooo the saints go with Jesus, the church goes with Jesus, so the Holy Spirit must go as well. Who is going to tell these pour christians, who didn't make the cut and get left behind, about salvation? No Holy Spirit, No hope. Well that's the way I see that scenario. Hey have a blessed day and love to Patsy. eric

AHHhhhhhh yesssssssss eric-me-first-mate---WeLLL that's the way it goes mate,no HOLY-SPIRIT--NO

hope --no salvation huhHHhhh??---UNless there "IS" an alternative to the foregoing theory,RIGHT??

HMMMmmmmmmm?? could there "POSSIBLY" be an-other scenario??--"IF" so what is IT-??.??----

Anyone care to PROpose an-other scenario,hmmmmmmm?? REally, i'm just trying to ADD a little HUmor

to a serious question-------At least i hope it's comical......just looking for some real "POssibilities"----

shadow-gem2b{Gary}--- :down: :baa: :alien: :upsided:

Guest kelly

Well, my theory is unpopular around here but I can reconsile this since I don't believe in a pretrib. rapture.

Gary,

This article is from John macArther,

I have recently finished the books on the "Left Behind Series," and now I am reading your book--I'm about halfway through, on The Second Coming of Christ. Now the implication in your book is that it is going to be extremely difficult for people to be saved during that time period of the Great Tribulation. That book, the "Left Behind series" kind of makes it seem like it is not all that difficult. I am kind of curious and kind of hoping for relatives and those that don't know the Lord, how easy it's going to be? I know people are going to be saved during that time period, but is it as difficult as you're implying in your book?

Answer

Well, it's impossible! It's always impossible to be saved, unless the Grace of God reaches down and redeems you. So, it is not a question of human possibility. It's as possible for a sinner to be saved as it is to stuff a camel through the eye of a needle--I mean, it's impossible, but with God all things are possible. So the only question is, "Is God going to save people in the Tribulation?" Not, "Is it going to be easier or harder?"--It's always impossible. The sinner can't save himself--right? and unless the Spirit of God changes his heart; unless God grants him saving faith and grace, then he is not going to ever be saved. Unless God gives life to the dead, the dead can't respond. So, it's always impossible, just keep that in mind--the only question is, "Is God going to save people in the time of the Tribulation?" Answer: "Yes!"

It is my own conviction that He is going to save people, probably in a greater volume than ever in history. The reason I say that is you have got a period of seven years, but in Revelation 7, you have a group of people before the throne of God who have been saved out of every tongue, and tribe, and people, and nation, and there are so many of them that they can't be counted. I think there will be the greatest spiritual harvest of souls ever in that time. And when God finally gets Israel to cooperate; when they finally become the missionary nation they were always supposed to be, and He gets 144,000 Jewish evangelists, and we can imagine when 144,000 Jews see their Messiah for who He is and start to reach the world with the gospel, that there is going to be an amazing harvest of people: The nation of Israel is going to be saved, and people from every tongue, and tribe, and people, and nation--and I think that is going to happen. But as the Tribulation comes to its ending; once that wave of evangelism comes--and there is going to be an everlasting gospel being preached from heaven--I tell about that in the book: it's not going to be like a blimp dragging a sign, but it's a similar idea: up in the sky there is going to be the gospel written in the sky! There is going to be the Two Witnesses proclaiming the gospel (Revelation 11); there's going to be the 144,000 Jews; there is going to be all these people converted, and antichrist is going to come in a sweeping kind of a purge, and trying to kill these people, and many of them will die for their faith, but the gospel will still be spread all over the earth. I think the world will hear the gospel. If they can't hear it from the Two Witnesses, and they will be able to know that because the whole world will see them when they die and rise again, probably on CNN. And the 144,000 Jewish evangelists are going to preach the gospel all over the world. Then you got the angel in the sky that everybody can see, even if the evangelists don't come to their towns.

So, I think there will be a great preaching of the gospel; there will be a great harvest of souls, but as you get to the end of the Tribulation, if people resist that--they become harder, and harder, and harder as you get to the end, and they start to curse God instead of believing when they see His judgment.

Another good article about this topic

I was reading some of the questions and I came across a response regarding accepting Jesus after the tribulation. When I read your response that "After the rapture occurs, many non-Christians will realize the Bible is true and they will turn to God." I was somewhat troubled because I have always believed that once the rapture has taken place those that previously heard of Jesus and knowingly rejected Him will have no chance. Correct me if I am wrong, but does believing that you can be saved after the rapture make people believe that accepting Jesus now is not important? The reason I ask this is that I remember years ago people saying that they would wait until the rapture takes place before they get saved. I also remember reading in the Bible that God would allow a strong delusion to come when the Holy Spirit will leave, therefore no convicting work will take place.

The key questions you have asked appear to be: 1) Can people be saved in the tribulation? and 2) Should we tell people that they can accept Jesus during the tribulation?

Saved During The Tribulation? The answer to this question has two parts. First, if the Holy Spirit is removed during the tribulation how can anyone be saved? The answer is that people will be saved during the tribulation just as people were saved in the Old Testament. The Holy Spirit was active in the Old Testament but He did not dwell in them permanently. Here are some examples.

And He has filled him with the Spirit of God . . . (NASB) Exodus 35:31

Then I will come down and speak with you there, and I will take of the Spirit who is upon you, and will put Him upon them . . . (NASB) Numbers 11:17

So the LORD said to Moses,

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

The luke warm Christians are the ones who call them self Christian but they did not accept Jesus and are still living for the world. 

Then they are not a Christian, If they do NOT accept Jesus nor follow Him.

So what does lukewarm really mean?

In His Love,

Suzanne

May I respond to that please. :wub: < me as my brain stirs.

You are like the lukewarm apostate modern church. You are neither hot nor cold. He would desire that you were either . For if you were cold He could heat you up and put you to use. If you were hot he could use you immediately.

Alas being tepid and lukewarm you have a form of G-dliness yet deny it's power. You pray occasionally and go thru the motions. Church on Sunday. You think you already have everything you need. When a crisis arises you deny His power and fail to call on Him walking blindly in your own strength. You have plenty and and have need of nothing. You live in the most prosperous nation in the World. Yet you are wretched(you cause G-d distress with your condition), miserable (Children are on Ritalin and you can't get thru the day without your Zanex) (hate your job and feel unfullfilled in every thing you do .So you switch around alot and occupy your time in fantasy IE; T.V.,magazines, video games ,buying expensive toys{cars,electronics, etc..} to pacify yourself) poor (in Spirit),blind (can't see prophecy unfolding in front of you, can't see G-d even if hes before your face working His will desiring your participation), and naked (your shame is upfront).

There is hope for these Christians though. G-d desires that you buy gold refined in the fire from Him, that you may be rich; and white garments , that you may be clothed, That your shame may not be revealed. and eye salve that you might annoint your eyes so you may see.

What can they do? Be zealous and repent.

1st Peter 4:17

For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of G-d; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of G-d?

GBU richly Saints,

Peace :il: Amen