• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,163
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

On 7/18/2021 at 7:52 PM, Tyler22 said:

How can I have faith, hope, and love, in God’s Word, with all of my heart, mind, soul, and strength?

you start by having a thorough understanding of what God's Word is.   How many times have you read the entire bible?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  717
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/18/2021 at 8:01 PM, Leonardo Von said:

Instead of seeking this, strain to love your neighbor as Jesus loved you (John 13:34,35).

I agree. I also wonder if we have fallen into the trap of worshiping false idols in that we obsess over specific words, verb tenses, participles etc. when reading the Bible. Is that really the way? Jesus left no personal writings, at least none that we know of. All we know comes from others, and after the fact at that. Jesus taught with words and with actions. His message was living and breathing, walking among us. Today's message is, in many ways, dead and cold. It lives in books filled with words. We argue over translations. We argue over semantics. It seems hollow. This is not to say we shouldn't read the Bible. We should! But upon reading it, perhaps we should put the words down -- they are, after all, just words -- and begin to live the message instead.

• Well Said! 1