Questions about Jewishness

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

The Bible is a Jewish book, the Messianic Jews live different by it then the Gentile Christian, is it important for the Messianic Jews to still follow the traditions from their fathers?

Isn't it great that Jesus bring us together?

Love in Christ,Angels

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings Angels4u,

The Bible is a Jewish book, the Messianic Jews live different by it then the Gentile Christian, is it important for the Messianic Jews to still follow the traditions from their fathers?

I certainly hope that some Messianic Jews find their way to this forum. But for now, I think your question would be better addressed just to the "Messianics". Though I am not of this group physically (I do not attend a Messianic church), I am one with them in "spirit", at least those who truly understand what being Messianic really means.

I have found that those who "understand", often given special "rememberance" to the "traditions" under the Jewish Covenant with Abraham, Isaac & Jacob, but it is done under the new light of the shed blood of Jesus Christ. The "traditions" only foreshadowed the coming of our Lord, but were not the "real" thing, but by partaking in them, we remember where we came from and where we are going. These traditions are NOT LAW, but give new meaning to God's GRACE, when they are participated in.

There is a saying that those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it. So by remembering the "traditions", we can move into the future with our eyes set on high so that we are not doomed to repeat the sins of the fathers.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Do you think that the Jew who becomes a Christian is still expected to keep their traditions?

I think it said somewhere in the bible to remember it all for future generations. (This was mentioned for Israel)

Since we are Gentile Christians ,we follow the New Testament and take heed of what the Old Testament says, but we don't keep the law because we are Gentile Christian...the holy Spirit put the law in our heart ( knowing what is good and bad and He will teach us all things) and in this way we live by the law and faith but in a different way, we WANT to be obedient.

I know there is nothing we can add to our faith, no law, no works ,we got saved by that wonderful grace!!

Amen?

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,787
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Honestly Angels,

Whether you realize it or not you being a Gentile have been made part of the commonwealth of Israel. Ephesians 2. As far as Messianics are concerned, there are 2 distinct branches. Both branches acknowledge that Jesus (Yeshua) is the Messiah. But one branch is more "legalistic" while the other is what you would find in mainstream Christianity. Messianics in general, celebrate the feasts of the Torah, while repudiating pagan Christianized celebrations such as Christmas and Easter.

I hope that explains the idea of Messianic believers,

Your brother in Christ with much agape love,

George

I know George that I am grafted in!

But what was trying to find out is if the Messianic Jew is still expexted to follow the Jewish tradition after becoming born again? ( I'm not asking this to judge or anything)

Is there a difference how they live their new life in Christ?

I know Jesus came to fulfill the law and He bought me free from the law, just like He bought every believer free.

But what about the tradition..the feast and stuff, why do the Messianic Christians still follow those is this because of their Jewishness?

I do agree that our Gentile holidays are very paganized and didn't even exist ,there is no law or tradition memtioned to remember Christmas or Easter. :unsure:

• Steward

Why do Messianic Jews still follow the feasts? Because we will be celebrating the feasts throughout the 1000 year reign of Christ. Zech 14 -- and go up year after year to celebrate the feast of tabernacles. Ezekiel 40-48 discussing the Temple says we will celebrate the feasts of Passover and Tabernacles.

George

Ok, what's the difference between a Messianic Jew and a Gentile messianic Jew, you are the second right?

Do you feel obligated to celebrate the feast......as a Gentile Messianic Jew?

I know it was given to the Jews to follow the traditions but they were not given to us to follow right?

How does a person becomes a Gentile Messianic Jew?

• Steward

The reality is that you are one, but you just haven't realized it yet. The church as a whole is starting to realize its Jewish roots. And in the Jewish feasts are pictures of Yeshua and his life and atonement on earth.

Notice that in the feasts mentioned in Ezekiel 40-48 the feast of Yom Kippur (Day of Atonement) is not celebrated because it was already fulfilled with Yeshua 2000 years ago. The feast of Shevuot (Pentecost) is not celebrated either because that was fulfilled 2000 years ago. Feast of Trumpets (Rosh HaShannah) is not celebrated in the 1000 year reign of Christ because this is a future event which will take place at the 2nd coming of Christ.

Although these events are not celebrated in the 1000 year reign of Christ, Messianic still celebrate these feasts as a reminder of Yeshua's life and the part that we are to play in the world.

George

All right George, from now on I can call myself a Gentile Messianic Christian instead of born again Christian if I choose too?

The problem with that is that I feel as much related to the Gentile born again Christians who are my brothers and sisters also, I quess it doesn't matter how we call ourself as long as we are born again.

But why oh why do Messianic Christians study the Bible in a different way then I do?

I quess I have alot to learn...when you became a Gentile Messianic Jew did you started to study the Bible in a different way? And the Jewish Bible is that different then then ours?

Thanks for teaching me..."Royal Angels"

I quess that when the Jews will go out in the Tribulation to preach the gospel they will teach people to believe in Jesus and practice Christianity in the Jewish way.

:unsure: hmm never thought of this before.