• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/09/1960

19 hours ago, Marathoner said:

Love your neighbor as yourself. Do good unto others, remembering that our Father in heaven makes His sun rise on both the evil and the good. If you only love those who love you, then what reward do you have? And if you only greet your brethren, how is this any different from the custom of the world?

The apostle Peter wrote,

Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous; not returning evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary blessing, knowing that you were called to this, that you may inherit a blessing. For

“He who would love life
And see good days,
Let him refrain his tongue from evil,
And his lips from speaking deceit.
Let him turn away from evil and do good;
Let him seek peace and pursue it.
For the eyes of the LORD are on the righteous,
And His ears are open to their prayers;
But the face of the LORD is against those who do evil.”

(1 Peter 3:8-12 NKJV)

We love our neighbor as ourselves. We love others as brethren, regarding them as brethren, doing good and refraining from evil, abstaining from reviling which is the custom of the world. The world is filled with protests, grumbling, and strife, but the children of the promise, who are inheritors of the blessing, turn away from evil and do good. As the Lord Himself says, "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God". 

Beware the snare of the fowler. We are not defined by what we stand against but rather, by the love we bear in a world devoid of peace and rest. The world protests but we bless one and all; the world grumbles, but we give the encouraging word; the world stirs up strife and thrives upon it, but we are peacemakers returning evil with good. 

Remember the words of the Lord's chosen vessel:

Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep. Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion. (Romans 12:14-16 NKJV)

Beware of that snare of the fowler, which is pride. We withhold nothing good from anyone for if we do indeed withhold the blessing, how are we any different from those who protest, grumble, and revile?

Yes, we must remember all those verses and at the same time, not IGNORE others ~ 

Ephesians 6:12 ~ "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

BLM is part of the "rulers of the darkness of this world" and we should not be afraid to call them out and expose them.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

Don't Be Afraid to Speak the Truth...

Yes, one of the reasons for which Ha-Satan has spread his kingdom with more efficacy is because many of the believers are afraid of speaking the truth.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Tammy Roesch said:

Specifically, what crosses the line for you from “this is a bad idea I don’t agree with” to “this stands against everything I believe as a Christian”?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I applaud Tammy for speaking out.  We are to be lights of the world and I believe speaking out against evil is being a light and it's the right thing to do.  We should not refrain from truth.

However, I do also believe what Marathoner said as well.  We are to love everyone.

I struggle myself between these two points all the time.   I truly believe our actions speak volumes and if we decide to not do business with someone or a business entity we believe is sinful, then we should not do business with anyone, because there is none righteous. 

By not shunning these things, just maybe, your light will shine forth and break through the darkness.

It is a hard, HARD thing to do.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member

1 hour ago, kamptlneb said:

I applaud Tammy for speaking out.  We are to be lights of the world and I believe speaking out against evil is being a light and it's the right thing to do.  We should not refrain from truth.

However, I do also believe what Marathoner said as well.  We are to love everyone.

I struggle myself between these two points all the time.   I truly believe our actions speak volumes and if we decide to not do business with someone or a business entity we believe is sinful, then we should not do business with anyone, because there is none righteous. 

By not shunning these things, just maybe, your light will shine forth and break through the darkness.

It is a hard, HARD thing to do.

I agree, Kamptlneb...we are to love everyone....but don't you think there is a difference between loving INDIVIDUALS and loving ORGANIZATIONS?  I have a daughter who is living the homosexual lifestyle...I love her very much, we have a good relationship...but I DO NOT LOVE her LIFESTYLE or the HOMOSEXUAL MOVEMENT/AGENDA...  I speak out against Homosexuality all the time...while at the same time, loving those who are caught in the sin.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  10,279
  • Content Per Day:  7.10
  • Days Won:  99

There is an assumption being made that loving your neighbor as yourself is a trap (it is not). There is also a misunderstanding that refraining from protest, grumbling, and stirring up strife is indicative of permissiveness (it is not). Those with ears to hear, let them hear:

We are responsible for our own conduct before the Lord, and responsible toward our neighbor; we are not responsible for their conduct nor are we to dictate how our neighbor ought to conduct themselves. I say that each living soul is held responsible before the Lord and it is Him they answer to, not you or me. Vengeance belongs to the Lord God Almighty... He will repay. 

On 7/31/2021 at 4:56 AM, Tammy Roesch said:

Yes, we must remember all those verses and at the same time, not IGNORE others ~ 

Ephesians 6:12 ~ "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

BLM is part of the "rulers of the darkness of this world" and we should not be afraid to call them out and expose them.  

You assume much, @Tammy Roesch. You assume that I'm ignoring verses of scripture but I'm not offended by the accusation. 

You share the truth expressed by the apostle --- our enemies are not flesh and blood --- so why do you cast an earthly organization, comprised of flesh and blood, as the enemy? When our eyes are fixated upon the world and its concerns we become consumed with this cause or that cause, losing sight of the evils and oppressions of man. Remember the Lord's rebuke of Peter. 

From that time Jesus began to show to His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised the third day.

Then Peter took Him aside and began to rebuke Him, saying, “Far be it from You, Lord; this shall not happen to You!” 

But He turned and said to Peter, “Get behind Me, Satan! You are an offense to Me, for you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men.”

(Matthew 16:21-23 NKJV)

When we engage in that which we abhor, we become trespassers. What does BLM do? They protest, they agitate, they stand against this and that. 

Thus the snare is revealed, my friend. By protesting the protesters... by agitating against the agitators... by standing against those who stand against others, the unwary become that which they oppose. Let the dead tend to the affairs of the dead, but we are called to inherit the blessing. Let those who love life and desire to see good days walk in a manner which is blameless in the sight of the Almighty: in love, swift to forgive and eager to bless. For the Lord loved us even when we were dead in our trespasses, sister... don't forget.  

We remember that the measure by which we judge shall be returned to us by the Lord Himself. There is no law against mercy and love, for we have been given the honor of loving our neighbor as ourselves by the Son of the living God. Let us be peacemakers, not protesting grumblers. :) 

Edited by Marathoner
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Advanced Member

1 hour ago, Marathoner said:

There is an assumption being made that loving your neighbor as yourself is a trap (it is not). There is also a misunderstanding that refraining from protest, grumbling, and stirring up strife is indicative of permissiveness (it is not). Those with ears to hear, let them hear:

We are responsible for our own conduct before the Lord, and responsible toward our neighbor; we are not responsible for their conduct nor are we to dictate how our neighbor ought to conduct themselves. I say that each living soul is held responsible before the Lord and it is Him they answer to, not you or me. Vengeance belongs to the Lord God Almighty... He will repay. 

You assume much, @Tammy Roesch. You assume that I'm ignoring verses of scripture but I'm not offended by the accusation. 

You share the truth expressed by the apostle --- our enemies are not flesh and blood --- so why do you cast an earthly organization, comprised of flesh and blood, as the enemy? When our eyes are fixated upon the world and its concerns we become consumed with this cause or that cause, losing sight of the evils and oppressions of man. Remember the Lord's rebuke of Peter. 

From that time Jesus began to show to His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised the third day.

Then Peter took Him aside and began to rebuke Him, saying, “Far be it from You, Lord; this shall not happen to You!” 

But He turned and said to Peter, “Get behind Me, Satan! You are an offense to Me, for you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men.”

(Matthew 16:21-23 NKJV)

When we engage in that which we abhor, we become trespassers. What does BLM do? They protest, they agitate, they stand against this and that. 

Thus the snare is revealed, my friend. By protesting the protesters... by agitating against the agitators... by standing against those who stand against others, the unwary become that which they oppose. Let the dead tend to the affairs of the dead, but we are called to inherit the blessing. Let those who love life and desire to see good days walk in a manner which is blameless in the sight of the Almighty: in love, swift to forgive and eager to bless. For the Lord loved us even when we were dead in our trespasses, sister... don't forget.  

We remember that the measure by which we judge shall be returned to us by the Lord Himself. There is no law against mercy and love, for we have been given the honor of loving our neighbor as ourselves by the Son of the living God. Let us be peacemakers, not protesting grumblers. :) 

Sorry Marathoner, I just don't see it like you.  Hope there is room to disagree here :).

An Adult Book Store moved into our County a few years back....I went and picketed it for a long time...I think that was the wrong thing to do. They pretended to be a different kind of business until they got the permit...they deceived the Community otherwise the Community would never have allowed them in.  The same goes for BLM....they are not for BLACK LIVES...they are not protesting all the BLACK LIVES being taken everyday in Abortion Centers across America....their name sounds good, but that is about all.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.49
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Show an example in scripture where we are encouraged to 'crusade' against the wrongness in the world, against governments, against organizations that are in darkness.

We are certainly encouraged to be examples to all who behold in our communities and to be a witness in life and word to those in our sphere of influence day to day. Whenever the church behaved in a militant manner through history, it did not go well.

Christ's way is different. 

1Th. 4:9 (NAS20S)   Now as to the love of the brothers and sisters, you have no need for anyone to write to you, for you yourselves are taught by God to love one another; 10 for indeed you practice it toward all the brothers and sisters who are in all Macedonia. But we urge you, brothers and sisters, to excel even more, 11 and to make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands, just as we instructed you, 12 so that you will   behave properly toward outsiders and   not be in any need.

1Tim. 2:1 (NAS20S)   First of all, then, I urge that requests, prayers, intercession, and thanksgiving be made in behalf of all people,   for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. 3 This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,   who wants all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Yes--there is room to disagree on these things and each individual needs to make up their own mind and in such things, hopefully, follow the Lord's leading and not any sense of justice or lack of according to the flesh.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.52
  • Days Won:  12

11 minutes ago, Alive said:

Show an example in scripture where we are encouraged to 'crusade' against the wrongness in the world, against governments, against organizations that are in darkness.

We are certainly encouraged to be examples to all who behold in our communities and to be a witness in life and word to those in our sphere of influence day to day. Whenever the church behaved in a militant manner through history, it did not go well.

Christ's way is different. 

1Th. 4:9 (NAS20S)   Now as to the love of the brothers and sisters, you have no need for anyone to write to you, for you yourselves are taught by God to love one another; 10 for indeed you practice it toward all the brothers and sisters who are in all Macedonia. But we urge you, brothers and sisters, to excel even more, 11 and to make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands, just as we instructed you, 12 so that you will   behave properly toward outsiders and   not be in any need.

1Tim. 2:1 (NAS20S)   First of all, then, I urge that requests, prayers, intercession, and thanksgiving be made in behalf of all people,   for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. 3 This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,   who wants all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Yes--there is room to disagree on these things and each individual needs to make up their own mind and in such things, hopefully, follow the Lord's leading and not any sense of justice or lack of according to the flesh.

I've read many of the posts in this thread, and I find some of them quite disturbing.

All it takes for evil to triumph is for godly men to do nothing.  Incredibly, there are many Christians supporting BLM, without realising what they are supporting.  They need to know that it's an anti-God, Marxist organisation, so that they can stop supporting wickedness.  It is very unloving to leave them in ignorance, just to avoid possible contention.

BLM is one part of a many-pronged attack, against the Lord and against the gospel.  We need to stand up and be counted.  There is no neutrality.  Silence will be taken as tacit agreement, or, at the very least, capitulation.

Those Scriptures about love, prayer, thanksgiving and leading a quiet life are not addressing what to do about evil doctrine.  Make no mistake, BLM, Marxists, abortionists, the LGBT lobby and atheists are promoting anti-God doctrine.  They are brainwashing the children of Christians in schools, colleges and universities.  They are brainwashing the public on television and the Internet and there must be voices standing up for the truth; in fact, I fail to detect the love of God in those who refuse to stand up for the Lord and the gospel, no matter how "loving" they are, in human terms.

Jude 3 (Webster) Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write to you concerning the common salvation, it was needful for me to write to you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered to the saints.

2 Tim. 4:1-4 (Webster)

1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the living and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
  2 Preach the word; be diligent in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
  3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap up to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
  4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned to fables.

Acts 19:8-10 (Webster)

8 And he went into the synagogue, and spoke boldly for the space of three months, disputing and persuading the things concerning the kingdom of God.
  9 But when some were hardened, and believed not, but spoke evil of that way before the multitude, he departed from them, and separated the disciples, disputing daily in the school of one Tyrannus.
  10 And this continued for the space of two years; so that all they who dwelt in Asia heard the word of the Lord Jesus, both Jews and Greeks.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.49
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

I believe that we have a civic duty as Christians to take part in the lawful goings on such as elections. And we can certainly educate our brothers and sisters regarding these things such as BLM, but there is a difference between that and a militant stance. It is to that sort of tendency that I was addressing.

And as I suggested, its up to each individual or community to seek the Lord's guidance in these matters as in all things we endeavor to do.

• Thumbs Up 2