IGNORED

So Many Considering SUICIDE These Days....

Tammy Roesch

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/09/1960

12 minutes ago, SisterWells said:

Have you ever struggled with depression, Tammy? Some people are filled with such utter despair and hopelessness wanting nothing more than to escape the pain they're in. Have you read any studies or statistics that lead you to believe that many are influenced to commit suicide because of the idea of Heaven? I would argue that  a suicidal individual desperately wants to flee the torturous place they're in without taking into consideration where they might end up.  Perhaps some who have been suicidal might be able to  confirm or deny this :th_praying:

Hi SisterWells, nice to meet you :).  Yes, believe it or not, I've recently read it several times on Christian forums, people who are so depressed, just want to die and as they say, "get to Heaven faster."  Another example....a friend of mine who lost her mother....well my friends child, which would have been the grandchild, was very close to the grandmother.  He was a teenager....and he said he missed her so much that he just wanted to walk out in front of a car and be killed so that he could be with her.  They literally had to watch him, so that he didn't do that very thing.

And of course, there are many who have no religious background and they have no thoughts of speeding up to heaven when they die, they, like you said, just want to EXIT this life ASAP....because they have NO HOPE of a better life.  It's just heartbreaking.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.90

14 minutes ago, SisterWells said:

Have you ever struggled with depression, Tammy? Some people are filled with such utter despair and hopelessness wanting nothing more than to escape the pain they're in. Have you read any studies or statistics that lead you to believe that many are influenced to commit suicide because of the idea of Heaven? I would argue that  a suicidal individual desperately wants to flee the torturous place they're in without taking into consideration where they might end up.  Perhaps some who have been suicidal might be able to  confirm or deny this :th_praying:

This is probably the best reply regarding those that find themselves in such a state. If you are in such a black place and trying to find a way out, suicide is one option that a person could reach to escape that place. It's not right choice, but it is an option. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.49
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

3 minutes ago, teddyv said:

This is probably the best reply regarding those that find themselves in such a state. If you are in such a black place and trying to find a way out, suicide is one option that a person could reach to escape that place. It's not right choice, but it is an option. 

Not for a son of the living God it isn't.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  910
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, Tammy Roesch said:

Hi SisterWells, nice to meet you :).  ...

And of course, there are many who have no religious background and they have no thoughts of speeding up to heaven when they die, they, like you said, just want to EXIT this life ASAP....because they have NO HOPE of a better life.  It's just heartbreaking.

Nice to meet you too ♡

I would add that there are also many devout believers who find themselves in that place of hopelessness; it happens.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, Alive said:

Not for a son of the living God it isn't.

Can you clarify? I said it's not the right choice, but it is a choice. Are you condemning those that may have taken their lives?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  09/09/1960

13 minutes ago, SisterWells said:

Nice to meet you too ♡

I would add that there are also many devout believers who find themselves in that place of hopelessness; it happens.

I couldn't agree with you more....I see it often...I'm not on worldly sites...I see these posts on CHRISTIAN sites.  That is why I brought it up here.  This is just as much a problem in Christian circles as it is in the world, sadly.  It should be that way but...it is.

10 minutes ago, teddyv said:

Can you clarify? I said it's not the right choice, but it is a choice. Are you condemning those that may have taken their lives?

I don't want to get into the weeds of this question as I don't think it is appropriate here. I will say that I would surely condemn the action of suicide in anyone as it is sin. 

28 minutes ago, Tammy Roesch said:

Hi SisterWells, nice to meet you :).  Yes, believe it or not, I've recently read it several times on Christian forums, people who are so depressed, just want to die and as they say, "get to Heaven faster."  Another example....a friend of mine who lost her mother....well my friends child, which would have been the grandchild, was very close to the grandmother.  He was a teenager....and he said he missed her so much that he just wanted to walk out in front of a car and be killed so that he could be with her.  They literally had to watch him, so that he didn't do that very thing.

Anecdotal, perhaps--but I have been around the barn a great deal and known a great many 'sons of God' in which I witnessed the same Life that is in myself---and never met one who would seriously consider suicide, much less to get to heaven faster.

I may be wrong, but I simply cannot imagine the Lord letting one of His own get to that point.

8 minutes ago, Alive said:

I don't want to get into the weeds of this question as I don't think it is appropriate here. I will say that I would surely condemn the action of suicide in anyone as it is sin. 

That's fine. I don't disagree with the act being sinful. I've seen it elsewhere suggested that suicide is an unpardonable sin, but there is only one of those.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Tammy Roesch said:

I couldn't agree with you more....I see it often...I'm not on worldly sites...I see these posts on CHRISTIAN sites.  That is why I brought it up here.  This is just as much a problem in Christian circles as it is in the world, sadly.  It should be that way but...it is.

As a point for consideration---there are folks on christian sites, who may not be 'Christians'. I know--its obvious.

:-)