IGNORED

So Many Considering SUICIDE These Days....

Tammy Roesch

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

11 minutes ago, Tammy Roesch said:

Well, that is another topic :) ~ Once Saved - Always Saved ~ and I don't believe it that one, either....but I don't want to derail the thread so I'll leave it at that for now :).

There is much more in what I typed than OSAS.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.77
  • Days Won:  21

23 hours ago, SisterWells said:

Have you ever struggled with depression, Tammy? Some people are filled with such utter despair and hopelessness wanting nothing more than to escape the pain they're in. Have you read any studies or statistics that lead you to believe that many are influenced to commit suicide because of the idea of Heaven? I would argue that  a suicidal individual desperately wants to flee the torturous place they're in without taking into consideration where they might end up.  Perhaps some who have been suicidal might be able to  confirm or deny this :th_praying:

Having been one who's battled depression for most of my life I can say the one thought that kept me from ever following through with it was the fear that my soul would be damned and I would be eternally separated from the Father. So I can say that even in the darkest, most painful, most desperate of times I still took thought on where I would spend eternity. I'm not saying my case is the same for all, as many make a rash choice without thinking. 

I've also grown in my understanding of our Father's compassion and grace. I leave final judgment to Him for those who did choose to end their earthly suffering by their own hands. I know some who loved Jesus with all of their hearts but this world and it's pain was just simply too much. I'd hate to think the Father completely dismisses them for doing something quickly and not having time to repent. If their faith was placed in Jesus can we really say that they suffered an eternal damnation to hell? While I don't believe in OSAS, I do believe that we can rest in our faith and that it isn't stripped from us for every mistake we make. 

• Loved it! 3
  • Praying! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/09/1960

15 minutes ago, Aimes said:

Having been one who's battled depression for most of my life I can say the one thought that kept me from ever following through with it was the fear that my soul would be damned and I would be eternally separated from the Father. So I can say that even in the darkest, most painful, most desperate of times I still took thought on where I would spend eternity. I'm not saying my case is the same for all, as many make a rash choice without thinking. 

I've also grown in my understanding of our Father's compassion and grace. I leave final judgment to Him for those who did choose to end their earthly suffering by their own hands. I know some who loved Jesus with all of their hearts but this world and it's pain was just simply too much. I'd hate to think the Father completely dismisses them for doing something quickly and not having time to repent. If their faith was placed in Jesus can we really say that they suffered an eternal damnation to hell? While I don't believe in OSAS, I do believe that we can rest in our faith and that it isn't stripped from us for every mistake we make. 

So very thankful you hung on!  

• Loved it! 3

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

On 8/1/2021 at 5:57 PM, Tammy Roesch said:
On 8/1/2021 at 5:48 PM, Alive said:

These did not have the indwelling Holy Spirit...consider this. They were not Alive In Christ.

Wow! I've never heard such a thing!  They were both Old Testament Prophets! God HIMSELF sent them on MISSIONS. You will never convince me that they were not filled with the Holy Spirit.

May help understanding, Tammy
Read Psalms 51, specifically, vs 11.
The NT/OT difference, within-upon.

Now, back to OP...

Guest clancy
On 8/1/2021 at 11:48 PM, Alive said:

These did not have the indwelling Holy Spirit...consider this. They were not Alive In Christ.

??????......how would you know that?....I didn’t think we were allowed to discuss another’s  saving?

As you know if you answer my post, I may not be able to respond, because I’m still having problems posting.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  10,137
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

Oops, posted in error. I'll give it another try!

Edited by Marathoner

19 hours ago, Tammy Roesch said:

I don't find any support in the Bible for forgiveness of ANY SIN, without REPENTANCE.

When a person commits suicide, their last opportunity of repentance is gone.

If a person is mentally disabled, I believe God would take that into account being a just God.  I don't have scripture to support this.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  10,137
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

I've been quiet for a while, reading through the topic and meditating upon any words I have to share. It seems fitting to write about what I have experienced and witnessed for the scriptures are silent on this matter, but the love, mercy, and faithfulness of the Lord is declared from the rooftops. This will be a long read by necessity. 

I was a young child (7 years old) when I first despaired of this life. No matter where I went, all I heard were lies spoken by deceitful lips. On account of the horrors I witnessed in this world, I would lie sleepless at night and plead with the God I didn't know to have mercy and destroy me. The earth was a barren place filled with lies and I could bear it no longer.

I was 11 when I first attempted suicide, a botched attempt to slash the radial artery in my wrist. This was the first of many suicide attempts which met with failure over the years.

I took a bottle of my mother's pills, but she came home from work early that day (minutes after I took them) and discovered the deed; I sought to jump off a cliff and end my life on the rocks far below, but my feet were rooted to the rock and I couldn't move no matter how hard I tried. After I relented and decided to return home, I found that I could move my feet again. 

When I was of age, I looked to the United States Army as a means to an end. War was coming and this was a chance to end my life in a manner different from suicide... surely there was a bullet with my name on it. I specialized in a combat role but was prevented from deploying to the hot zone during my term of service. I volunteered time and again but my commanding officer denied my request every time, designating me as "indispensable" to the mission of his unit. I was going nowhere. 

After the military --- I learned a great deal about weaponry while I was in --- I set out to end my life with a handgun over, and over again. The first time I pointed the muzzle of a gun at my head, it was a two-hour ordeal of straining with all of my might to pull a trigger that wouldn't budge. I cried out in agony to the God I didn't know, begging Him to let me die because I didn't deserve to live. 

I heard a voice speak, saying, "You shall not end your life; it is forbidden to you. Do not be afraid." 

I didn't understand. I wept and cried out, "But why? Why is this forbidden to me?"

A vision opened and I found myself wandering alone in the darkness of a wilderness. It was freezing cold and I shivered; I burned with fever and was very ill; I was so weak that I couldn't take another step. I had such a long, long way to go and knew that I would never reach my destination under my own power. I fell to the ground and cried out, "I return this life to Your hand, for I am not fit to live it. I have failed You! I have failed You!"

I looked toward the distant horizon and discerned the shape of mountains rising into the night sky; these were my journey's end. It was then that I witnessed the most marvelous thing, unlike anything I had seen before. A light greater than the sun dawned across those rugged mountains, filling my eyes and drying the tears on my face. The cold and darkness fled, and I felt renewed and strong again. I rose to my feet and gazed in wonder, saying, "How can this be?"

The voice spoke again, saying, "Do not be afraid, for the day comes." 

Many years later, my seemingly aimless path led me to a stranger who lived alone in a mountain wilderness. I endured much by their side and the time came when I became very ill. I suffered for two years and when I could no longer bear with dying slowly in such a way, I determined to end what life remained by my own hand. It was hell on earth, my friends... I was on the verge of death when I pointed the muzzle of another gun at my head. The bullet would be a mercy compared to what I had endured for so long. 

Before I pulled the trigger I cried out to the Lord whom I knew, "I return this life to Your hand, for I am not fit to live it. I have failed You! I have failed You!" I pulled the trigger. 

Only the bullet never fired. In that moment I witnessed the most marvelous thing, unlike anything I had seen nor heard before. The Spirit of the Lord was upon me and I was blinded by the glory of His presence; His coming chased away the shadows of death and I was struck speechless, incapable of uttering a single word. The day had come just as He declared all those years ago.  

These words are for the ones who despair of living, believing all hope is lost, for it certainly seemed that way to me in the wilderness of those mountains. I had no reason to live, believing myself a failure in every possible way. I had failed Jesus Christ, who chose me from this world several years after my military service concluded. I didn't know Him at the time of that vision but I most assuredly knew Him when the vision was fulfilled. 

On the other side of despair, there is hope. The Lord is merciful, He is love, and He is both faithful and true. Set your eyes upon Him, for He never turns His face away from the afflicted. :) 

Edited by Marathoner
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  09/09/1960

17 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

I've been quiet for a while, reading through the topic and meditating upon any words I have to share. It seems fitting to write about what I have experienced and witnessed for the scriptures are silent on this matter, but the love, mercy, and faithfulness of the Lord is declared from the rooftops. This will be a long read by necessity. 

I was a young child (7 years old) when I first despaired of this life. No matter where I went, all I heard were lies spoken by deceitful lips. On account of the horrors I witnessed in this world, I would lie sleepless at night and plead with the God I didn't know to have mercy and destroy me. The earth was a barren place filled with lies and I could bear it no longer.

I was 11 when I first attempted suicide, a botched attempt to slash the radial artery in my wrist. This was the first of many suicide attempts which met with failure over the years.

I took a bottle of my mother's pills, but she came home from work early that day (minutes after I took them) and discovered the deed; I sought to jump off a cliff and end my life on the rocks far below, but my feet were rooted to the rock and I couldn't move no matter how hard I tried. After I relented and decided to return home, I found that I could move my feet again. 

When I was of age, I looked to the United States Army as a means to an end. War was coming and this was a chance to end my life in a manner different from suicide... surely there was a bullet with my name on it. I specialized in a combat role but was prevented from deploying to the hot zone during my term of service. I volunteered time and again but my commanding officer denied my request every time, designating me as "indispensable" to the mission of his unit. I was going nowhere. 

After the military --- I learned a great deal about weaponry while I was in --- I set out to end my life with a handgun over, and over again. The first time I pointed the muzzle of a gun at my head, it was a two-hour ordeal of straining with all of my might to pull a trigger that wouldn't budge. I cried out in agony to the God I didn't know, begging Him to let me die because I didn't deserve to live. 

I heard a voice speak, saying, "You shall not end your life; it is forbidden to you. Do not be afraid." 

I didn't understand. I wept and cried out, "But why? Why is this forbidden to me?"

A vision opened and I found myself wandering alone in the darkness of a wilderness. It was freezing cold and I shivered; I burned with fever and was very ill; I was so weak that I couldn't take another step. I had such a long, long way to go and knew that I would never reach my destination under my own power. I fell to the ground and cried out, "I return this life to Your hand, for I am not fit to live it. I have failed You! I have failed You!"

I looked toward the distant horizon and discerned the shape of mountains rising into the night sky; these were my journey's end. It was then that I witnessed the most marvelous thing, unlike anything I had seen before. A light greater than the sun dawned across those rugged mountains, filling my eyes and drying the tears on my face. The cold and darkness fled, and I felt renewed and strong again. I rose to my feet and gazed in wonder, saying, "How can this be?"

The voice spoke again, saying, "Do not be afraid, for the day comes." 

Many years later, my seemingly aimless path led me to a stranger who lived alone in a mountain wilderness. I endured much by their side and the time came when I became very ill. I suffered for two years and when I could no longer bear with dying slowly in such a way, I determined to end what life remained by my own hand. It was hell on earth, my friends... I was on the verge of death when I pointed the muzzle of another gun at my head. The bullet would be a mercy compared to what I had endured for so long. 

Before I pulled the trigger I cried out to the Lord whom I knew, "I return this life to Your hand, for I am not fit to live it. I have failed You! I have failed You!" I pulled the trigger. 

Only the bullet never fired. In that moment I witnessed the most marvelous thing, unlike anything I had seen nor heard before. The Spirit of the Lord was upon me and I was blinded by the glory of His presence; His coming chased away the shadows of death and I was struck speechless, incapable of uttering a single word. The day had come just as He declared all those years ago.  

These words are for the ones who despair of living, believing all hope is lost, for it certainly seemed that way to me in the wilderness of those mountains. I had no reason to live, believing myself a failure in every possible way. I had failed Jesus Christ, who chose me from this world several years after my military service concluded. I didn't know Him at the time of that vision but I most assuredly knew Him when the vision was fulfilled. 

On the other side of despair, there is hope. The Lord is merciful, He is love, and He is both faithful and true. Set your eyes upon Him, for He never turns His face away from the afflicted. :) 

Very thankful you were never successful!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, Marathoner said:

Thank you brother. You are a breath of fresh air to many.  :D

• Well Said! 1